Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Help needed: Enlarge A2 CO compass

Hi all,

I'm trying to enlarge the default A2 CO compass without success. I'm using this code inside an addon:

class CfgPatches {

class big_compass {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.620000;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CAUI"};
};
};

class CfgAddons
{
class PreloadBanks {};
class PreloadAddons
{
	class big_compass
	{
		list[] = {"big_compass"};
	};
};
};

class RscObject;
class RscCompass: RscObject {
scale = 1;  //default 0.440000
}

I know that after one of the latest patch, BI has changed the scale of the compass (from 0.220000 to 0.440000 finded inside ui.pbo) and now most of the earlier addons that enlarge compass don't work anymore but @ACE, with a similar class like mine, has achieved the compass enlarging. How is it possibile?

Maybe because ACE use some CBA function?

Anyone can help?

Thank you!

Goliath

Edited by goliath86
Problem Solved!

I'm trying to figure out these issue. I've found that in ui.pbo there's a redefinition of class RscCompass that set the scale to 0.44000.

In bin.pbo there is another definition (maybe the first) of class RscCompass that set the scalte to 0.22000.

Maybe, the code I've posted earlier, don't work because try to patch a patch of the class RscCompass.

Anyone can help?

Goliath

I've solved it!

The compass size (and watch and GPS!) is overrided by the CCP (Community Configuration Project) introduced with one of the latest patch.

So, we can override the compass (and/or GPS and/or Watch) size with this simple code:

class CfgPatches {
class remover {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
               requiredVersion = 0.100000;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E_Gameplay_ImprovedSizeOfCompassAndGPS"};
};	
};  

/*extern*/ class RscObject;

class RscCompass: RscObject {
scale = "1 * 0.675 * (SafeZoneW Min SafeZoneH)";         // scale = "0.5 * 0.675 * (SafeZoneW Min SafeZoneH)"; --> Default
positionBack[] = {0, -0.020000, 0.075000};
};

;)

Goliath

Edited by goliath86