Sign in to follow this  
reaper lok

Revive only at a predetermined location such as BASE

I am currently using INS - Revive and am happy with the functionality etc, however, I am looking to remove the REVIVE Option and have the remaining alive units call in a MEDEVAC to take the downed player back to a predetermined destination (BASE or HQ) to enable treatment/revive option before he can be reinserted back into the Combat Zone.

This is not a HEAL trigger but more a question of how do I trigger the REVIVE functionality inside a REVIVE addon to be used/accessed only at BASE?

Regards,

REAPER

I haven't used or looked at the INS Revive system, but I personally would think this question would be better on the INS forum thread...

I haven't used or looked at the INS Revive system, but I personally would think this question would be better on the INS forum thread...

INS Revive is what I am currently using in my MP framework, however, I am looking for any possibilities that might exist regardless of the platform. Thanx :)

The possibilities are essentially limitless. Whatever you can write code for is the limit. You're asking questions in regards to modifying INS Revive to call in a medivac instead, and posted no code to boot. You should find an INS main thread and ask your questions there. The author of INS will be able to help you.

The possibilities are essentially limitless. Whatever you can write code for is the limit. You're asking questions in regards to modifying INS Revive to call in a medivac instead, and posted no code to boot. You should find an INS main thread and ask your questions there. The author of INS will be able to help you.

Haha, my post was neither written in code nor did it show any code.....as I am unsure if the current 3rd party REVIVE scripts even facilitate such a function as to the one I suggested in my OP.

This IS NOT meant to be an INS REVIVE post or issue but more so a REVIVE function or lack of function that I was seeking feedback. All I have so far gathered is that by my mention of INS REVIVE I have misled or confused those who replied ;)

Obviously REVIVE is different from being wounded and therefore the coding will be different in each case. I am hoping to gain some insight into the possibility of being incapacitated/unconscious/downed and then being transported via a common load in vehicle action to a designated point on the map to be 'REVIVED'.

I will attempt to reach out to the author of the INS REVIVE - thanx for the replies ;)