Sign in to follow this  
Von Quest

Need help with simple config and model LOD.

Hey guys, stuck on getting my simple model setup in the game. I'm just looking for the config on how to set up my model to have a working Cargo Door, and a Cargo Bay.

I'm very new to modeling and ArmA in general. I'm trying to put my simple static aircraft into the game so I can use it for my HALO mod. For now, it doesn't need to fly or anything, I just need to walk up to it and click the button to drop down the Cargo Ramp, and walk into the Cargo Bay. Right now, the Geometry LOD isnt working so you just pass right through everything. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. The Bay is 5 block objects, plus the Ramp. Does the floor have to be a Roadway LOD?

And since its a static faux aircraft, does anyone have a config to set this up by chance with the working Cargo Ramp? I have the basics and Memory LOD, but so far no luck. I'll be out of town for a few days and wanted to get this setup before I leave so I thought I'd ask the pros. Thanks guys!

---------

UPDATE:

Okay, got the config figured out... Didn't know you needed a model.cfg file. The source I used didn't have one that I could find. Just saw the config.ccp.

Now I just have to get the LODs sorted.

-----------

UPDATE2:

Wow, not much traffic around these parts. Chirp, Chirp. Okay, now I got the LODs figured out. Mostly anyway. Yeah! Very hard to find current and reliable guides that one can use for individual specific projects. They're all outdated or have a variation that all too often never works for what you are specifically trying to do. Anyway...

Fixed. Problems solved. Onward, upward...

Edited by Goblin
Fixed