Sign in to follow this  
benargee

Official Arma 3 Launcher

Hello I need help.

I have no idea how to use the "ADDONS" portion of the launcher. I know it shows sorting and preset saving, but I cant figure out how to use them properely, the page is blank.

Everything else in Parameters is straight forward if youre familiar with the old school method of using them. (c:////arma3.exe -param1 -param2)

The thing is I am trying to write a wiki article and I would like it to be as complete as possible, then hopefully others will find it useful too.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Launcher (what I have so far WIP)

Thank you in advance! :)

I hope my question is clear enough.

Hello I need help.

I have no idea how to use the "ADDONS" portion of the launcher.

You need to subscribe to some addons on Steam Workshop. When you do, you can load/unload, rearrange and create presets over them in the addons tab.

Edit: I have been informed that it has been said that the launcher is still WIP and such feature will probably be added, but still curious on current status.

OP:

Ok thanks I'll try that out.

Is it not possible to use the same addon interface with mods saved the classic way? I know you can select them like that in game but you have to restart and you cant save presets. If not I think it would make a nice addition. Right now I have several .bat files with a bunch of presets to work around this but its not very user friendly.

I know in advanced parameters you can set the mods, but you have to type each one out. I know Arma 3 auto detects folder mods to, so there's no reason why this can't too.

Its nice that Arma finally has an official launcher and everything else is great about it, I'm just not sure if everybody wants to use only steam workshop addons.

Edited by Benargee

You need to subscribe to some addons on Steam Workshop. When you do, you can load/unload, rearrange and create presets over them in the addons tab.

Gekon, any progress with getting the launcher to auto-detect server mods, prompt the user to download/install (automatically) and then join the server when complete?

Gekon, any progress with getting the launcher to auto-detect server mods, prompt the user to download/install (automatically) and then join the server when complete?

There is progress on the foundation technology that will enable this (relates to how addons are built), but it's gonna be a long run.