Sign in to follow this  
mannyrecon

Game crashing randomly

I use a 40'' sceptre-branded tv for my monitor when playing Arma 3. I can't figure out how to set the tv itself to max resolution but the aspect ratio is on "full 100%" (whatever that means), and it shows 1080i 60Hz.

The first issue I face is that in Arma, this is the first thing I see EVERY TIME I get to the main menu...

http://i.imgur.com/Sm2d0Np.png (2607 kB)

I try and set the game to max resolution (1920x1080p) and the whole picture/menu gets offset and cuts off into the corner, with some of the menu cutting off the screen. I did some adjusting and I was able to get the best resolution set to 1360x768 (16:9 wide). The game will work fine ... for a while (see below).

The second issue I face is any explosion or engagement I get into within 5-10 minutes of the game, and arma will just freeze. If I push ESC fast enough I'll just go to the desktop and arma is closed with no error pop-ups, but if I wait too long in-game to push ESC, it freezes and I have to hard-restart.

I recently moved in with my now-wife, where previously this was never an issue to me on my 39'' vizio. I was able to play 1920x1080p on my old tv, but for some reason I can't on hers? It's getting really frustrating and I can't figure it out.

Any help?

UPDATE: I just tried to do fullscreen window version, and it locked me onto 1768 resolution. It was working for about 5 minutes and then I get the error that Arma 3 has stopped working. The game will crash when an AI shoots at me.

Edited by MannyRecon

Yeah the game is crashing for myself and 5 others in my group as well. About 5-10 minutes in it'll just give up and crash. I saw in the patch notes to do a integrity check on steam and this seems to have actually made it worse. We're crashing as soon as we join the game almost.... Typical patch something and break it scenario.

This is the error I've gotten while playing:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: arma3.exe

Application Version: 1.30.127.372

Application Timestamp: 54255879

Fault Module Name: arma3.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.30.127.372

Fault Module Timestamp: 54255879

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0081a31a

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

So I don't think you're the only one having issues with Arma 3 at the moment.

---------- Post added at 02:10 ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 ----------

Also read this forum. Apparently Trixie's Sniper pack is messing up the game. If you have it activated try turning it off. I just noticed I have that running as well.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183818-Game-crashes-freezes-when-I-get-shot-at-by-AI

---------- Post added at 02:46 ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 ----------

@MannyRecon, turning off Trixie's pack fixed our problem. Hopefully that'll fix your problem as well if you're running that mod.