Sign in to follow this  
nullrick

AH-99 Blackfoot upgrade/second variant

AH-99 doesn't need another variant...even for a AIO gunship its better than kajman at taking out tanks and vehicle..

AH-99 doesn't need another variant...even for a AIO gunship its better than kajman at taking out tanks and vehicle..

Thats because the A3 Dagr is unrealistic and overpowered ...

Thats because the A3 Dagr is unrealistic and overpowered ...

Yep, that's what the whole discussion is about...

IF they will ever add stub wings and 2 additional armament pylons to the Blackfoot it would be probably better to think about the weapon balance first (solutions can be add only FFAR to the attack version, or just nerf the actual DAGR rockets).

This would make the Blackfoot more balanced AND more realistic.

Go park your Mi-48 out 4.9km from targets and tell me how many tanks you take out with it at that range :)

Also, a 'kill' is not required to disable a tank. Vanilla unscripted crew will disembark from a T-100 after one rocket from an AH-99 at 5km.

That makes 24 'disabled' MBTs with one AH-99, all done 5km from the target(s). Any type of APC is a kill, so it makes 24 APC kills from 5km.

Mi-48 only has 8 rockets effective at that range, so stuck at 8 vehicle kills from 5km, compared to 24 by AH-99 ... 30mm cannon is good but there is a much greater element of risk in its use, in that the operator must be reasonably close to the target to have any effect. The 38 FFARS you keep mentioning are pretty much useless against MBT beyond 500m, I have to wonder if you are trolling.

Total firepower is irrelevant to me, as I clearly stated it is relative to risk in using the system.

AH-99 is incredibly low-risk in every mission that doesn't have huge numbers of AA infantry or stacks of jets.

Mi-48 considerably higher risk if it wants to use the 30mm or your precious FFARS.

Oh, here I go again, whining ;)

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

He is trolling, I would suggest disregard.

For fuck's sake, get off your high horse and realize that just because someone disagrees doesn't mean they're "trolling." Go back to fucking 9gag.

Well, to comment on the blackfoot/Kajman/fighter jet AG missile range...I really want BIS to finish up the arma launcher to a point it can auto download/install mods based on what the server is using/hosting. This way I can introduce a SAM missile launcher with a far range and even the playing field for ground troops.

He is trolling, I would suggest disregard.
For fuck's sake, get off your high horse and realize that just because someone disagrees doesn't mean they're "trolling." Go back to fucking 9gag.

Please keep it civil, both of you.

Firstly, if you think someone is trolling you should report them. Publicly accusing someone of trolling is often itself perceived as trolling.

Secondly, angry outbursts are also inappropriate.

I'd hate to have to hand out warnings in an otherwise constructive thread.

Hi guys, I take mi right to say my opinion to this theme here..

I wish too that BI would make a new version of the Blackfoot (Comanche) with these Sidepipes... this would be a wish/dream what i "as a arma 3 supporter from the 1 minute" would have to came true!! Why not? It is also not so difficult to do.. Only to Modell some "Sidepipes" on a 3dModel of the Blackfoot what is alredy done! That would not take so much time. BI implement 2 versions.. one with AA Rocket Loadout and the second with a AG Loadout an thats it and if something isn't like it should be the Modding Community (really awesome but not always friendly) will solved it to improve the Realism in Arma 3!!

When I look to the aktuelle "Helicopter DLC" i see only 2 Choppers (what for sure take a lot of time to do) that would improve the life in Arma 3 SP and MP!! The Sling Loading System is really a good work... but is that all? For me it is not really important how much the DLC will cost because i have paid € 70 nearby 2 Years ago and when i look on the DLC what really could be much more i have to say that im dissapointed! 8 Types of a Taru what for sure would not be used by the community in multiplayer because 99% of the multiplayer community play's the BLUFOR (NATO)! Ok for this faction is the Huron... lol You can transport 5 Container what not even able to open it and this is it with the DLC.. OK there are much more things i would say "gimmicks" more like "nice to have" and thats it...

BI have to do the Commanche with these Sidepipes and if it will be on a later DLC it will be ok for me! A another solution will be that BI would give the 3D Modell from the Comanche free for the Modding Community and they will do it for BI :) but this wont be happen! So thats my Opinion to this theme what do you mean?

Edit: Sry for me bad english.. is isn't my native language because of that some sentense's could be confusing :p

Edited by Doomsta88

Despite the Commanche + Pylons with Hellfire-esque Missiles would look cool, i'd also be in for a Blackfoot Gunship version (Blackhawk DAP anyone?).

We already saw an "Upgrade" of ingame Assets when the Merkava Tank recived it's Commander MG and reactive Armor plating. I think we could hope for a heavy Blackfoot and/or Commanche Version. What i do not expect, is that an entirely new chopper will be introduced, at least not "just like that" - maybe in Form of a DLC or an expansion.

I would be very interested what the Dev's are thinking about. That would be a thing if some Dev would say his view of this theme.... Of course not only for the immersion just for the fun and the love for the details would be a Blackfoot with sidepipes, a ghosthawk without these gunnerseats left and right (completely closed on both sides for transport objects, troops and items in save zones) and a ghosthawk like this Blackhawk DAP version awesome!! if you asking me it sounds like not a lot work but the positive resume of the players would be much better as that from the helicopter DLC!! :/

kind regards

Edited by Doomsta88

My thoughts? The RAH-66 Comanche needs to be toned down tot he way it's designed, and then introduce a main Attack helicopter. The Comanche should have roughly 2/4 AGM's and not rocket pods with 24 magically guided rockets that act like AGM's. It's a stealth Helicopter, and putting it into anything that a main attack gun ship should do is plain stupid. It's made for recon, and is armed for last offense or low intensity operations/ self defense. That being said, i know, it'd look cool to haave a ful blown heavy aremd stealth RAH-99, but really, we should have something else. My suggestion? Sikorsky revealed the S-97 not long ago. Maybe so upgrades to that, and more armed, would probably fix issues... and its FAST. Super Fast.

S97_raider_rollout725.jpg

It would fit in nicely with Arma 3's 2035 tech, AND, fits well with even the addition of a transport, fast recon version of the V-22. The V-280 Valor.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=11860&pictureid=110902 (126 kB)

That's no different than the ghosthawk. We don't need an armed blackhack here, we need a dedicated attack helicopter. Darkside, your post doesn't belong in this thread, it belongs in the addon request thread or an A3 feature request thread.

That's no different than the ghosthawk. We don't need an armed blackhack here, we need a dedicated attack helicopter. Darkside, your post doesn't belong in this thread, it belongs in the addon request thread or an A3 feature request thread.

/signed

My opinion is the same if we look to the Helicopter DLC to than we should have enough types of military herlicopter for every type of military action except one rly hard beating "gunship" like the Apache was it in the past! For me and because of the choice from BI to stay in Arma 3 in the future setting. There is for me only one answer to the question: Wich helicopter gunship would be authentic for the military setting in the future without destroying the immersion with some futuristic stuff! For me is the right choice to make more versions of the Comanche as the Pictures in this "FEEDBACKPOST" show's off!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20929

(if some more people have the same opinion like me, than pls vote in this link)

:yay:

Well the Blackfoot was meant to portray the RAH-66 they are technically the same and I have never seen a Comanche with pylons. The only pylons in it pretty much is the internal bay with the missiles in it. And if you think about it and your experienced the Blackfoot can outgun an Mi-48 due to the speed and easily lock on to it. And the Comanche wasn't well armored, they canceled the program because it didn't have enough armor and it would cost to much to add further upgrades. The RAH-66 wasn't meant to be heavy it was supposed to be fast. So there's your explanation and the Blackfoot has 4 ASRAAM's so that would do the trick of taking down air targets you just have to be an experienced pilot and eventually you'll get it.

The pylons were designed to be added to the basic frame, not part of a "standard" loadout but added when firepower was more important than stealth.

IRL Comanche's idea was to do a "stealth" recon job and cooperate with Apache Longbow

but in arma 3 - Blackfoot is suppose to be a "light" attack helicopter which got unrealistic strong DAGR rockets ,

point is to add a proper attack variant that uses proper AT missiles and then nerf the DAGR into realistic damage

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/336/boeingrah66eb.jpg

Edited by RobertHammer

...unrealistic strong DAGR rockets

The DAGRs really piss me off. They should be essentially identical to the DAR rockets in damage, but they've been turned into hellfire-like armor killers that allows the AH-99 to kill way too many tanks. DAGRs are mounted on hellfire-compatible rails anyway, not in huge 14-round rocket pods.