BadHabitz

PG Services (PMC)

A little preview of a change coming in the next revision...

2014-10-19_00002_zps0ca06509.jpg

2014-10-19_00001_zps8f4d3dfd.jpg

Hey Bad

Any further progress on implementing Zeus compatibility?

ptdNWFKI.jpg

As it stands currently, it's not possible to place the units in Zeus, (they don't show up in the menus, other than the 'VIP Client' under 'Men-Story') though empty vehicles and the ammo boxes are placeable and interactive.

The work around I'm using at the moment is to place an AAF soldier and use the ARSENAL to change their load-out, but this is obviously merely aesthetic as technically they are still AAF soldiers.

I'm also using Zeus and MCC to develop my mission.

I normally place units in the 2D editor and link the 'Add Editable Objects' Zeus module then move and manipulate the units to their desired location - export the positional data with MCC.

ZWpIuQOm.jpg

However trying to manipulate PG units throws the Zeus 'Insufficient Resources' message at the top of the screen.

P.S. Really hoping those M4's are an optional config and not a replacement for the MX's.

Cheers

E

Hey Bad

Any further progress on implementing Zeus compatibility?

P.S. Really hoping those M4's are an optional config and not a replacement for the MX's.

Cheers

E

Yes, I've gone through and added more selections into the Zeus list. I'll spend some extra time testing before the next release. Other than that I'm waiting on a few textures that someone is working on. So I'm guessing things should be ready in a few days.

My intention was to have M4's replace MX's. Some have gone so far to say that they avoid the mod entirely because PG units use MX weapons. I've already altered the configs. It will take some work, but perhaps I can create a compromise and add mirrored units that MX's and M4's. But if I have to choose one over the other, it would be M4's. Either way, the black MX in this mod won't be removed, it just wouldn't be used by units.

Like Electric,I would also like if the M4s are optional.Bad,if you've already made up your mind can you at least keep an optional config for the black MX??If those people won't touch PG because they don't have M4s maybe they aren't big fans of the mod after all.

Ok thanks for the Zeus update.

Re: M4/MX; I'm a little disappointed about the replacement as I consider the family a bit 'played-out' but I suppose it wouldn't matter too much.

Ultimately I guess this opens up the mod to folks who just can't get with the 2034/35 setting. I think why I loved the PG Mod to start with was it's close relationship to the narrative and canon of the Armaverse.

Working as an unofficial expansion within the time line of the campaign,

For my part, I plan to tailor my characters' load-outs specifically.

However it would cause a headache if the randomisation script kept putting in soldiers with M4's when they just aren't wanted.

As an aside, the little website worked really well to integrate the concept and add a bit of credence to the project.

Maybe that ought be updated to reflect the new direction?

PG SERVICES

Just a thought.

E

I have to say I'm stoked for M4s taking over the MX as their primary arms. Maybe you could also look at equipping some of the units with AKs as well? What do you plan for the other classes to equip as their weapons?

As it is I never use the vanilla weapons and judging by the current mods out and in progress, not many seem too keen on the made up weapons. Maybe drop the old config in an optional folder for people who prefer it as others are asking?

And do you think we could be seeing the SUV drop in the next update or is it still WIP?

Lookin forward to it brother!

Take a look at Toadie2k's HLC AR-15s as they are very nice and as Civ based weapons would make sense for a PMC unit to use. Come to think of it an AK-12 from his AK pack would look good too. Either way when our group runs PMC style we use your gear along with Toadie's weapons and we look nice... lol. Thanks for continuing this work!

Ok thanks for the Zeus update.

Re: M4/MX; I'm a little disappointed about the replacement as I consider the family a bit 'played-out' but I suppose it wouldn't matter too much.

Ultimately I guess this opens up the mod to folks who just can't get with the 2034/35 setting. I think why I loved the PG Mod to start with was it's close relationship to the narrative and canon of the Armaverse.

Working as an unofficial expansion within the time line of the campaign,

For my part, I plan to tailor my characters' load-outs specifically.

However it would cause a headache if the randomisation script kept putting in soldiers with M4's when they just aren't wanted.

As an aside, the little website worked really well to integrate the concept and add a bit of credence to the project.

Maybe that ought be updated to reflect the new direction?

PG SERVICES

Just a thought.

E

I think I can do something to make people happy on both sides, without optional configs. Stay tuned.

As far as the website, I don't really have the talent for that. That page was created by Pomigit. I'll have to talk to him about it.

I have to say I'm stoked for M4s taking over the MX as their primary arms. Maybe you could also look at equipping some of the units with AKs as well? What do you plan for the other classes to equip as their weapons?

As it is I never use the vanilla weapons and judging by the current mods out and in progress, not many seem too keen on the made up weapons. Maybe drop the old config in an optional folder for people who prefer it as others are asking?

And do you think we could be seeing the SUV drop in the next update or is it still WIP?

Lookin forward to it brother!

If you're referring to the vehicle I teased, I think that's a bit off. sykoCrazy is working on that, and my part doesn't come in until it's ready to actually be put into the game, and I haven't been able to start yet.. If you're talking about the A2 SUV, it's on my list of things to do after the next update of this mod.

And another tease for the next release...

2014-10-23_00002_zpsfb42964a.jpg

Sounds good. Ya Crazy's SUV will be nuts to have. The rendering you teased looks wicked.

So I'm guessin we can expect some patches? :)

Can't wait for the ACO SUV too,was the backbone for the mercs mods I used in A2.:D

Anyway thanks for finding a solution for both sides BadHabitz,btw in the future versions of the mod do you have any plans to add a unit as a "heavy",something like this(sorry that I had to use friggin' Cod as a reference)?

So I'm guessin we can expect some patches? :)
Correct. It's mostly done. Final count should be at 80. Morale patches, mostly. Just some fun stuff people might like to play with.
BadHabitz,btw in the future versions of the mod do you have any plans to add a unit as a "heavy",something like this(sorry that I had to use friggin' Cod as a reference)?
No real plans for a heavy armored trooper. That's more of a government military type, where PMC guys normally don't go into full combat like a front-line combat soldier.

I'm willing to push the limits of what PMC's are known to be (or perceived to be, like in the movies) but a 'heavy' is just a bit too far out of the scope of this mod.

Revision 28OCT14

• Added 'PG Services Patches', which consists of 82 morale patches that can be worn on the left arm of some uniforms.
  • More attempts at Zeus compatibility. Tested and appears to work now.
  • All entries in cfgVehicles are included in 'units' in cfgPatches.

• All entries in cfgWeapons are included in 'weapons' in cfgPatches.

• Removed 'hiddenSelections' from configs to make various things work better with the insignia system.
  • Added scripting to solve JIP issues (again). Please provide feedback. Thanks to 'Kerc Kasha' for supplying the proper scripts.
  • Added M4, M4/M203 and M249; assets provided by 'EricJ'. Also updated most units to use the new weapons.
  • Renamed old MX units to signify MX weapon used. Should not break any previous missions.
  • Mirrored original units and equipped them with M4, M4/M203 and M249.
  • Changed original group names to signify they use MX weapons.
  • Created new groups based on new weapons, M4, M4/M203 and M249.
  • Added black version of Titan Compact.
  • Bug: When item is placed on the ground it reverts to original texture.

Credits -28OCT14

• Thanks to 'EricJ' who graciously supplied models and other assets for the M4/M249 weapons in this mod
  • Thanks to 'Kerc Kasha' for supplying the gear randomize scripts that work for JIP players

Edited by BadHabitz

Thanks again for sending us the newest version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks again for sending us the newest version :cool:

:bounce3:

Yeah!

Good work BadH, the M4/MX config compromise works well, thanks for leaving the MX's in. Any possibility of a green version of the MXC at some point in the future?

Bug: When item is placed on the ground it reverts to original texture. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5153

Hoping BIS will sort out that sometime.

Zeus is working nicely now, small config pop up related to the randomization scripts when placing a unit:

fMY6OKUW.jpg

Insignias are great. I might consider reducing the size of the circular PG Services badge, and reducing its brightness.

Also the addition of a rectangular badge similar to that on the front of the plate carriers would be useful.

Solid update!

Also:

Gurkha Lapv ;)

E

Zeus is working nicely now, small config pop up related to the randomization scripts when placing a unit:

http://4.t.imgbox.com/fMY6OKUW.jpg

Gurkha Lapv ;)

E

Ugh. I thought I fixed that!

Insignias are great. I might consider reducing the size of the circular PG Services badge, and reducing its brightness.

Also the addition of a rectangular badge similar to that on the front of the plate carriers would be useful.

E

Good ideas. Noted.

And, I've submitted a corrected version to Armaholic, 29OCT14. I don't like to push two revisions that close, but I didn't want those two incorrect lines of code to languish for a week or two.

So the current version is 29OCT14, so if you downloaded it yesterday then please do download it again. The script error mentioned should be gone.

Edited by BadHabitz

We use this addon in my community from the beginning, but this latest update did not like me. The idea was to have PMC addon quality units, but only that. Now you have included a number of weapons that we have with other addons, and that also are not of the same quality as the rest.

Personally, I not like when addons were originally focused on something, start to include other things. And other addons I use for other things, for me, this generated a conflict, have two addons that do the same.

For example, a use STI MG for M249, M240, and RH M4 for Colt familiy.

But this is only my personal feedback, your addon (except weapons) is nice.

We use this addon in my community from the beginning, but this latest update did not like me. The idea was to have PMC addon quality units, but only that. Now you have included a number of weapons that we have with other addons, and that also are not of the same quality as the rest.

Personally, I not like when addons were originally focused on something, start to include other things. And other addons I use for other things, for me, this generated a conflict, have two addons that do the same.

For example, a use STI MG for M249, M240, and RH M4 for Colt familiy.

But this is only my personal feedback, your addon (except weapons) is nice.

I'm sorry you feel that way. The idea to introduce common weapons was more for the AI units, rather than making the latest super uber weapons pack. With the recent additions you have the option to not use the units that carry those weapons, if you're using AI. When you're loading your own gear you can avoid them as well. There should be no confusion, as all PG weapons begin with '(PG)'.

BadHabitz,thanks for keeping the MX version too,it's really great for me and I'll look forward to your next update(s).Right now PG has a monopoly on Altis,but those pesky Ion are sniffing around.:blues:

Hey Bad

Run into a few new issues that (I'm almost certain) are caused by PG Mod.

1. The MRCO scope has been removed from the Arsenal weapon attachments interface.

2. MRCO scope is now dis-allowed from being used on MX rifles in inventory management.

3. The mod as a whole seems to cause some issues with attachments 'vibrating' on the weapon, both sights, flash lights and suppressors etc.

I've been testing the last point both with the mod active (no other mods) and in vanilla, and the effect is only observed with the mod activated and applies to the 3rd person view of a player weapon.

I suspect the issues are both weapon config related.

Sorry about that mate ;)

E

I'm not sure how the mod could cause any of these issues, but I'll take some time at my next opportunity (Sunday night) and try to reproduce them.

you will probably find it is an issue with arsenal not the mod. there is a mod getting about that fixes the whitelist issues with arsenal. check it out.

Ah... ok, maybe I'm wrong, will do some additional testing. It's possible it's to do with the latest DEV update, I'll have a search for that whitelist thing.