Chairborne

Arma 2 AV-8B Harrier II Port

While people are talking about textures, a CTRG version of the Harrier would look great and fit nicely with the rest of the A3 vehicles.

I'm not gonna do any sort of space camo.

LOL (sorry for the unnecesary post, but i had to LOL it)

If i'm gonna do a new skin for the harrier it's gonna be a british one, with a dedicated model as well, since many asked me and since i like their configuration.

And by british i don't mean CTRG but proper british navy Sea Harrier.

The downside is that i'm not really good at photoshop and if that happens it won't be anytime soon.

If i'm gonna do a new skin for the harrier it's gonna be a british one, with a dedicated model as well, since many asked me and since i like their configuration.

The downside is that i'm not really good at photoshop and if that happens it won't be anytime soon.

awesome

Great to hear tho.

But UK doesn't have any Harrier in active :j:

Appreciate the hassle in trying to fix the bone errors, but on our server that pretty much means we can't use it as it spams so many rpt's we won't allow it..

We've been trying to fix the same type of thing on the HAFM Jackels - do CUP for instance know how to resolve ?

SJ

I'm guessing the solution would be to remake the animations from scrap using A3 skeletons. :confused:

I'm guessing the solution would be to remake the animations from scrap using A3 skeletons. :confused:

Eek, that doesn't sound fun at all !

Had a chance to play with this over the weekend. Was excited to see the Harrier for A3. Thought it would be great for small fobs or bad runways...

Except the AI still want to taxi and get stuck. Anyway to setup so they take off and land vertically?

I tried that as well while i was working on the trailer, not even forcing them to limit speed works and as far as i know there is no command to force AI to use autohovering.

Maybe some AI magician can pull a trick off his hat... :confused:

Except the AI still want to taxi and get stuck. Anyway to setup so they take off and land vertically?

Switch auto hover on. Use increase Thrust key to turn the thrusters downward. You wont be able to take-off vertically though. it has juuuust not enough power to get itself in the air.

It is meant NOT to be able to take off vertically.

As a matter of fact both the harrier and F35 cannot take off vertically when carrying combat load and fuel.

However if you feel you're not going to make a correct landing (especially if you're landing on the LHD) you can switch back to normal flight mode mid-air and the harrier will start gaining speed and altitude again.

Looks like Kju published a fix...

"OFP2_ManSkeleton from rpt can be solving by DeRtm and binarizing the rtm again with A3 model.cfg definition of OFP2_ManSkeleton."

A fix will be out soon.

How soon?

Maybe 2 or 3 days. Maybe more.

UPDATE - V0.2 05/10/2014

I managed to come around and fix some minor issues with this mod, the most relevant are the RPT bone errors spam and the misaligned crosshairs.

You can find a more detailed list in the changelog.

V0.2 - 05/10/2014

- Crew animations state fixed

- 25mm Tracers now stay lit 4 seconds instead of 1

- Fixed RPT bones error spam

- CfgPatches updated for zeus compatibility

- Radar max range increased to 10Km

- Pilot proxy aligned with crosshairs and HUD

- Zephyr long range now named as AMRAAM

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm231xv8rs8k7xh/%40Cha_AV8B.rar?dl=0

Chairbourne could you give me some detail as to the tools you used to make the changes ? Would be much appreciated....

Thanks

SJ

Nothing out of the ordinary, object builder for the model and notepad++ for the configs.