Sign in to follow this  
ToejaM

A few 'wait until' player questions

I have a reinsert script and I have this in there to stop the script from making my heli called "TROUBLE1" from taking off until a player enters the vehicle.

waitUntil {(player in TROUBLE1)};

Now the problem I've noticed is that this only works for the player that executes the script, which is done by myself through an addaction menu. What i want it to do is wait for ANY player to get in and then spool up and take off and goto the point I've designated, i.e.. then continue with the next waypoint.

Any suggestions?

That is because addAction has a local effect, according to this page. So you will need another means by which to activate the reinsert or reorganize the script so that the helicopter is just waiting for a player to get in, instead of through addAction, or put the addAction on the helicopter, and that way whomever comes to the chopper can get in, scroll, and go.

How about using an EH instead?

TROUBLE1 addEventHandler ["getIn",{
if (isPlayer (_this select 2)) then { // If the unit that boarded the heli is a player then . . .
	takeOff = 1;
};
}];

As part of an immersion thing, I want the ability to call in a reinsert to be down to the IC and the 2IC so we don't get people inserting in the middle of a fight.. so we'll have to pull away and reinsert/accept reinforcements in a safer area.

Is there anyway to tell the script to wait for ANY player regardless of locality?

Iceman's EH should do the trick because it's condtions for taking off is essentially waiting for a player (any) to get into the helicopter.