Sign in to follow this  
AdamWayne

Any reason why the 4-five .45 only holds 11 rounds?

It's based on the FNP/FNX-45 tactical, which has a capacity of 15 rounds in real life. The main selling point and attraction of the pistol is the round capacity. So why is it that in game the pistol only holds 11 rounds? Was this intentional, or an over-sight in development?

Probably intentional (I'm guessing for further contrast from the 9 mm PO7 and Rook-40) and since there's a ten-rounder IRL as well as the fifteen-rounder.

Probably intentional (I'm guessing for further contrast from the 9 mm PO7 and Rook-40) and since there's a ten-rounder IRL as well as the fifteen-rounder.

The ten round magazine is for states with capacity limits on handguns. And even then, that's 10 rounds, not 11 as represented in game.

It's a fictionalised gun, they probably gave it 11 so that it you could choose a heavy pistol with limited round capacity or a 9mm pistol with a bigger magazine.

It's a fictionalised gun, they probably gave it 11 so that it you could choose a heavy pistol with limited round capacity or a 9mm pistol with a bigger magazine.

Still seems dumb to me. They give every other small arm the realistic capacity, but then f*** over a single gun.

Almost certainly why.

In the case of the 11-instead-of-10, the capacity is also accounting for a chambered round... despite the fact that this isn't the case with any other small arms type except pistols.

Almost certainly why.

In the case of the 11-instead-of-10, the capacity is also accounting for a chambered round... despite the fact that this isn't the case with any other small arms type except pistols.

I don't believe it's because of the chambered round. Mainly because even on an empty reload you still get the 11 rounds, or the regular magazine capacity for every other pistol. The ACP C2, which is just a 1911, holds 9 rounds in a flush magazine in game. That would mean the magazine is an 8 round magazine. However, in real life, an 8 round magazine would extend from the magazine well.

Likewise, the Rook-40, which is an MP443 Grach, holds 16 rounds in game, where-as in real life it has a 17 round magazine (now an 18 round magazine past 2004). This is the same amount as the P07 (P99), which has a magazine capacity of 15 rounds in real life.

The capacity difference from the real life counter-parts is most likely intentional for balancing. However, pistols hardly make much of a difference in terms of balance, as they're mostly useless. I can understand the inaccuracy between the standard service pistols for NATO and CSAT, as they simply use "9mm magazines" which are interchangeable between firearms. However, the 4-five has its own independent magazines. Considering how the 9mm pistols can also take 30 round magazines, I don't see how the game would be very unbalanced from increasing the round count of it would be detrimental. You could increase the weight of each magazine by 33% to help balance as well.

Yeah I made a "Glock 45CL" that has 16 caseless, fuck the Four-Five, it's shit anyway, but for a default gun the ACP-A2 is a good weapon.