Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

Ivory Aircraft - UH-1Y Venom

f46VjE4.png

Pictures as of 19 sept

ttrXST7s.pngf3bWxUOs.pngBJkGNmLs.pngKhEfutis.pngT0W46nts.pngfztbeTbs.pngXarFvgSs.pngDvsw7Lqs.png

I'm using the UH-1Y model from the arma 2 sample data.

I got a bunch of features planned in mind such as:

Slingloading

Functional doors

Formation Lights

Collision Lights

Landing Lights

Working FLIR camrea

Fast roping

Exhaust Fumes

RotorLIB Functionality

Shooting from side (replace the MGs)

Also might make a civilian variant a la Bell 412

Edited by dezkit

Its good to see all these helicopters getting made. This mod looks great keep up the hard work :jump_clap:

Awesome!

BTW where are the rest of the planes? Have the disappeared?

woundering the same thing

and by the way nice mod

i lost the sources to them in a hdd crash so im cancelling the projects since i cant continue them lol but im over it its ok shit happens

i lost the sources to them in a hdd crash so im cancelling the projects since i cant continue them lol but im over it its ok shit happens

But you had released the mod sources with all releases (at least till the last one here) they´re still on Armaholic databanks btw... but if you´re fed up with planes, that´s your call, just post some permition to continue so anyone willing to keep developing them can without a hassle... thou I know CSAT replacement and Serbian mods are already using your MiG29K port and the JSDF the F15C, which is nice!

Anxious to fly your Venom with rotorlib support, but only after the Chopper dlc officially released (I don´t touch the dev branch anymore, A3 is already bugged as hell lol)

Keep up the great work, man!

GIMMIE!!! :D I love the huey! glad to see a full implementation of it at last!

nice that the civ version is coming eventually. hope it really get in game. like it.

about the hdd crash, do you also lost the bell 206 ?? that would be very sad !

i was looking forward to the bell 206. youtube videos where great.

Yes I lost it. What's worse about that one is that I only have a binarized backup of it. No unbinned at all.

Gonna post some pics later today of the venom

Wait did you lose ALL your current projects? Even that bell- whatever one you showed in that vid???

wip update:

figured out how to make rotor bend when engine is off, and main rotor now banks and dives when using flight stick.

windshield wipers start to wipe when rain is set to 0.1 and get faster as rain approaches 1.

using maxholdstervalue, i've achieved bringing down the hud as you switch from safety to hydras.

pilot/copilot flight stick, lever, pedals are now all animated.

doors now open when you enter pilot/copilot seat.

What is it with ArmA addon creators having HDD failures? And why don't any of you use backup drives? You'd think you'd learn eventually :p

Glad to see this coming though! Are you going to improve the visual quality? Textures at least?

Never mid read back some posts, that sucks man --> But you should be able to re download them and continue work on the F-15 and such right? or is that just a dumb hope of mine :P ---> (Awesome I thought you kinda... left. Now wrong thread and wrong place but your aircraft have no sounds for me.. Is there a fix that I am missing, just the weapons the engines work good.)

Now back on track to the forum post. Is this a port from arma 2 and if so can you make one version without the rocket pods? its an odd request yes but it would be similar to other nations Huey and it could be used with group play easier. Just a thought :)

Keep up the great work man!

Edited by BagPiperGuy

yeah there will be full customization with doors, machine guns, rocket pods, etc, and it is a port from the arma 2 version but heavily modified to arma3 standards

as for textures, that will be a long-term goal.

My sugestion just get the texture wright and evrything is gonna fall in to its place,to bad all arma 2 ports have a2 texture and they are looking unifinished in A3.

Will this make it possible to just have a plain heli, ie remove all weapons in service menu

yes but its a maybe on the service menu. it's a little too overkill for a heli that can only carry 2 weapons.

yes but its a maybe on the service menu. it's a little too overkill for a heli that can only carry 2 weapons.
You could also stick MGs (M240D, GAU-16/A -- modernized/adapted M2s -- or Minigun) on pintle mounts above/with the rocket pods like so, or is that what you meant by "2 weapons"?

I would love to see some older Versions of the Twin Engine Huey and a Whiskey Cobra would also be a nice addition, but a fully functional UH-1Y with selectable Loadout is also pretty good^^