Sign in to follow this  
steele6

Arma 3 and sling loads, what about rope insertion?

Hi BIS,

seeing as you have developed a fantastic slingload system with Arma 3 as part of your Helicopter DLC addon, what about implementing a rope down feature for cargo infantry in the ghosthawk and other transport hellicopters?

its great as a SF insertion, or for use as an extraction of VIP or SF in a heavily built up area.

you've done it in Take on Helicopters, why not Arma 3? the cinematics would be awesome in missions!

They've confirmed it's not happening, for now. So we won't see it in the DLC but you never know in the future.

There are people working on it right now, not BIS, but our people, the modders. However, I'm positive that BIS will change their mind about it in the future, and most likely will use it for this reason.

I thought infantry deployment via rope was the ONLY reason.

But such a mod does exist already, just can't remember names.

Seem like the biggest problem with rope for insertions and towing is its elasticness.

Which is strange because the only time I experienced over elasticity with the man class, was with intense amounts of speed. Flying around with a helicopter is ok, so hovering with the rope shouldn't really be an issue. But heck, I haven't tried a real fast rope script with the new ropes so, what do I know.