Sign in to follow this  
sgtsev3n

what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?

what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 ?

• 1. AI Bugs (Bad Driving, Aiming/Aimbotting, See through grass/bushes etc)
    • 2. Low CPU utilization & Low FPS (SP/MP)
    • 3. Multiplayer Servers with RPG, Altis life, Zombie & Similar gamemodes.
    • 4. Missing Features.

what is the most annoying thing for you in arma 3 in terms of bugs, missing features, multiplayer etc...

1. AI Bugs (Bad Driving, Aiming/Aimbotting, See through grass/bushes etc)

driving examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSeEbDLAGEA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjfJ0QSPExo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gAGTvklU4k

2. Low CPU utilization & Low FPS (SP/MP)

explained:

3. Multiplayer Servers with RPG, Altis life, Zombie & Similar gamemodes.

(Just go to the MP Serverlist. Same in ArmA 2, full of DayZ Servers)

4. Missing Features.

This means Features which were in the previous OFP/ArmA titles, but are cut in ArmA 3.

Or features which were shown to us during ArmA 3 development but were also cut.

(Examples: 3D Interior for Vehicles from OFP, Ponds from ArmA 2, Womens from All previous OFP/ArmA titles etc)

This means NO features which you miss but was never before in the previous OFP/ArmA titles.

Action Menu, especially explosives and the resulting...issues.

Two things are for me annoying, this low fps and the other half community they play altis life and breaking point that has totally nothing to do with a military game.

Not beign able to tune own side AI vs enemy AI

Action menu

Multiplayer server list. Exclude filter is a must! You can't find anything new these days...

Bad wounding system

I can handle the performance but those things above are things that I still don't like.

The most annoying thing is that after a though mission one of your mates ram over you with a vehicle and kills you, or you ask your driver to go from point A to point B and he gets stuck forever in the first rock, or when an armored vehicle comes to you your AI mate with an AT weapon just keeps staring at the vehicle without shooting.

Right now AI and especially and as St. Jimmy said, not beign able to tune own side AI vs enemy AI (I don't have fun in singleplayer nor coop since they merge both sliders with the excuse it's to the mission maker to deal with that...)

You know,ages old problems like stupid AI that drives you over or some of your teammates.Or the time between 2001-2014 that slipped by and they still drive like crap(although with some improvements compared to braindead morons in A2).

Have to agree with St. Jimmy too,I don't understand why we can't tweak enemy side/own side AI.

Oh and my favourite,the AI attack choppers that engage targets and then they fly exactly over their enemies,I'm replacing choppers like bicycles in A3.

Gimped Civ faction,4 vehicles,a boat and a whole bunch of dudes in shorts,sandals and polo t-shirts with different colors.

The drones that are still the same models for Blufor and CSAT,they bought them from the same store.

In some ways(hint AI) you could say we're still in 2001.

Edited by Krycek

Not being able to move while switching weapons.

A few thing's that cause death. Like the other day i raided a base, killed 3, one more guy, but i got stuck on a wall, and my gun could only aim up and down, not side to side, and he just had me easy. Or action menu, when i go to shoot a guy, but i switch to my secondary instead, and REALLY slowly too, as a guy just puts 30 rounds into while i'm spamming left mouse.

Low CPU utillization, and silly idle-animations.. (like blocking one's view when wiping off sweat from the forehead, so to speak...)

• Like 1

I voted for FPS out of the options above, but the unintuitive, clumsy, and just difficult-to-use-on-the-fly action menu is definitely up there. I play a lot of Whole Lotta Altis and managing lots of AI teammates plus the High Command is very difficult. Simple things like being in a vehicle and detecting an enemy chopper, trying to exit the vehicle, equip a launcher (even if it's in your inventory), switching weapons, and locating and firing upon said chopper takes way too long. Usually by the time you are ready to fire, your target is long gone (or are firing at your position while you stand there helplessly.)

Not sure what the problem with people playing non-military sim mods are. I mean, Arma is supposed to be a platform, not a game. If people enjoy using the platform to play those types of mods, then what's the issue? No one is forcing you to join them.

1. Not being able to tweak AI for Blufor and OpFor (independently of each other). Completely killed A3 for me. Please give us a tool to do this again BIS!

OK I won't critisize much but something is OFF in new Arma fatigue/sway system and AI.

Singleplayer especially feels ... i dont know ... when you are playing you are thinking about sway-fatigue and AI and not enjoying as before...

Can I say all of the above? But performance would be my top issue.

Theres AI addons that makes AI bit better.

Missing features? Modders can do that (and they have to a high degree).

What people play doesn't bother me, as long as theres at least a few playing my favorites. Which is the traditional warlike missions.

Everything else you can mod in but performance...nope, can't do that.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

Can I say all of the above? But performance would be my top issue.

Theres AI addons that makes AI bit better.

Missing features? Modders can do that (and they have to a high degree).

What people play doesn't bother me, as long as theres at least a few playing my favorites. Which is the traditional warlike missions.

sadly no, community is not able to fix AI via modding (if it would be, driving would be fixed by community long time ago, even back in arma 1&2).

missing features like women civilians yes, 3D interior im not sure but ponds are afaik not supported by the engine itself which makes it impossible to mod it into the game (they were supported in arma 2).

if BI would fix the AI & the Performance/CPU bottleneck, then arma 3 would be the best game ever for me. new content, update sound engine etc can be added after the AI & FPS fix.

these 2 should have the highest priority.

I voted for the AI bugs. However, what really gets my goat is the fact that this game has been designed right out of the box against you having any type of fair play or advantage against the enemy AI. I base this conclusion from my experiences playing in a single player, dynamic mission/campaign, sandbox environment.

My observations, so far, are as such:

Enemy AI never suffer from fatigue, suppression or aiming sway. I've seen them run full bore up a huge hillside and over the top without any speed degradation. I've seen them get hit and then shoot me dead the next instant, yet, if a bullet hits near me my scope sight picture is swaying all over the place and my breathing goes up and I start shaking .

Enemy AI vehicles are always about 10 km faster than what I use (PC attack boat I get 64 kph, AI using the same type of attack boat 74 kph).

No matter where you lay on the ground there will never be a clear shot to the enemy, there will always be an obstruction such as but not limited to; rocks, blades of grass, rock walls, trees, bushes and the ever annoying scope glare even when there is no light source behind you, oh, and lest we not forget those olive tree leafs and pine needles that shatter bullets and shield the enemy AI behind them .

When driving a tank with a full AI crew and you get fired upon from troops using small arms and/or grenade launchers, 90% of the time I'm wounded and most often it's seriously enough where I must stop, get out, and get healed to stop the blurred vision. Yet, not even one of my squad-mates ever gets hit. Now, on the other hand, lambaste an Mrap with 40mm grenades from a Hunter (face to face) 99% of the time you get wasted and they, the enemy crew, never needs a Band-Aid.

When driving armor I feel like I'm participating in a tractor pull, yet, the T-100 seems to glide over the terrain with slight speed decreases in changes of movement

When seeing an enemy chopper heading your way to drop off paratroopers to intercept you, you'll never get a missile lock on the bird until after they all get out; then, maybe, you'll get off 3 shots and again, maybe, they'll get hit and, if so, they'll slowly auto-rotate to the ground and survive. Yet, my birds drop flares like it's the fourth of July, 99% of the time the missiles never get fooled nor stray away. My pilots think auto-rotation is when a car hits an ice patch at 90 mph.

Have you ever seen an enemy vehicle drive into a house and back up and hit it again and again and again, or, ever see an Mrap stuck on a rock wall, just sitting there with the crew inside? Me either.

I sometimes wonder if the enemy AI call out "unknown target at 2 clicks to their six" to have everybody pinwheel to that direction. Especially, when the squad leader had just informed them "I have an enemy soldier with a flamethrower at 1 o'clock, just under 100 meters".

It just seems to me that if these were all bugs then both sides of the battlefield would have the same infestation as my controlled AI side. If you want to make it tougher for the common player who may at a different time want to immerse him/herself in a realistic, hormonally, uncontrolled, fight or flight experience then incorporate them into different user selected game settings.

AI - driving (very annoying, also because how old this issue is) and (much less, still...) inhuman spotting&recognition.

IMO, the worst thing in ArmA 3 is the damage / health system.

I'm missing so much the ArmA 2 damage system:

hit in the head = death (not always in ArmA 3)

hit in the arm = accuracy becomes shit (not in ArmA 3)

hit in the leg = can't run or even walk or stand ---> must crawl or wait for medic (not in ArmA 3)

hit in the body = getting unconscious, bleeding to death, waiting for medic (not in ArmA 3)

the enemy can take several bullets before dying, or get hit by 40mm HE close to them and nothing happens (oh sorry, yes, something happens: they spot youn, engage and one shot you, just like if the grenade or the bullet haven't done anything to them).

AI - driving (very annoying, also because how old this issue is) and (much less, still...) inhuman spotting&recognition.

I second that. And it feels like it got worse after the last few patches. Might just be a subjective feeling though, can't prove anything. Or it might just be the routes I've picked for my AI lately.

Other than that, the inflexible side/faction system in the editor and the lack of women (both as civies and soldiers).

Probably Opfor helmets, that will 'annoy' me forever! And as Indeedpete mentioned the inflexible sides, and the game could do with one more militia type faction.

Other than that it's business as usual :)

lack of feedback when hitting targets (fleshy and non fleshy). tpw fall and mao's blood mod combined make shooitng feel much more rewarding. bullets do the same damage but the feedback is better. the extreme impact and effects of projectile weapons needs to be made closer to expected.

action menu.

generic weapon handling. all weapons feel so similar. believe marksman dlc will sort this out though.

generic damage handling. needs to be more specific.

Hum I forgot: the speed of vehicles that is just sick (like offroad, can't go more than 20km per hour I think, it's just totally dumb.

Moreover, the tanks that can't roll over the little stones bridges that are all over the map... so stupid... it's really gamebreaking.

Probably Opfor helmets, that will 'annoy' me forever! And as Indeedpete mentioned the inflexible sides, and the game could do with one more militia type faction.

Other than that it's business as usual :)

really? all the more pressing issues in the game and aesthetics is your biggest gripe?

I love arma, but that doesn't mean it could still be improved. There are so many things that are far more important that need to be fixed soon, not just the way the enemy helmet looks.