Sign in to follow this  
BigGScotty278

Disembarking Then Moving Up Beach

Hi guys

I'm currently creating a beach landing and am using a script that makes all of the men in my boat jump out at once (that is in the "init" of a move waypoint). I then want my troops to move up the beach, I tried using another "move" waypoint marker connected to the one that makes them get out, but when they get out the boat they just stand there. by the way my men start off in the boat and are grouped with the boat being the leader.

I'd really appreciate a response, Thanks

BigGScotty278

Thanks and I don't mean to cause any hassle but I don't really understand scripts when they are written out like that. I've never had to ask any1 on here before, most other times I just got stuff to work in the end. Would you able to tell me how do it, if not then np :D

Thanks, BigGScotty278 :confused:

Instead of a move waypoint, I would suggest using setWaypointType "GetOut" for the beach landing with setWaypointSpeed "FULL", plus setWaypointCompletionRadius 25 to cover a tide stretch, sand and water. I ran an editor test on that (not scripted) and under that circumstance they sped right to the beach, disembarked, and ran to the second waypoint ("Move") further inland. It worked quite well (in editor).

Thanks and I don't mean to cause any hassle but I don't really understand scripts when they are written out like that. I've never had to ask any1 on here before, most other times I just got stuff to work in the end. Would you able to tell me how do it, if not then np :D

Thanks, BigGScotty278 :confused:

ok ill try to explain:

if !(isServer) exitWith {};

That tels the game to run the script only on server and not on clients in multiplayer.

_tigr = createVehicle ["Mi24_D_CZ_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "copter" select 0),(getMarkerPos "copter" select 1),0], [], 0, "CANCOLLIDE"];

This tels the game to create Czech MI 24 hind helicopter named tigr on marker called copter ( marker placed in the editor)

_podpora = CreateGroup WEST;     
_pilot = _podpora createUnit ["CZ_Soldier_Pilot_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "copter" select 0),(getMarkerPos "copter" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"]; 
_strelec = _podpora createUnit ["CZ_Soldier_Pilot_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "copter" select 0),(getMarkerPos "copter" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"];
_pilot assignAsdriver _tigr;
_pilot moveInDriver _tigr;
_strelec assignAsgunner _tigr;
_strelec moveIngunner _tigr;

this tels the game to create bluefor (WEST) group caled "podpora" and two members of that group "pilot" and "strelec" ,both Woodland pilots from ACR DLC, on the possition of editor placed marker called copter. Then it tels the game to put "pilot" in pilot seat of the "tigr" copter and "strelec" to the gunner seat.

_autak = createVehicle ["T810A_MG_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "auto" select 0),(getMarkerPos "auto" select 1),0], [], 0, "CANCOLLIDE"];

This tells the game to spawn Czech truck Tatra T810 at position of editor placed marker "auto", and name it "autak"

_posila = CreateGroup WEST;     
_c = _posila createUnit ["CZ_Soldier_Leader_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "posily" select 0),(getMarkerPos "posily" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"]; 
_d = _posila createUnit ["CZ_Soldier_MG_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "posily" select 0),(getMarkerPos "posily" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"]; 
_e = _posila createUnit ["CZ_Soldier_Medic_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "posily" select 0),(getMarkerPos "posily" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"]; 
_f = _posila createUnit ["CZ_Soldier_MG2_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "posily" select 0),(getMarkerPos "posily" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"]; 
_g = _posila createUnit ["CZ_Sharpshooter_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "posily" select 0),(getMarkerPos "posily" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"]; 
_h = _posila createUnit ["CZ_Soldier_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "posily" select 0),(getMarkerPos "posily" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"]; 
_i = _posila createUnit ["CZ_Soldier_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "posily" select 0),(getMarkerPos "posily" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"]; 
_j = _posila createUnit ["CZ_Soldier_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "posily" select 0),(getMarkerPos "posily" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"]; 
_k = _posila createUnit ["CZ_Soldier_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "posily" select 0),(getMarkerPos "posily" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"]; 
_l = _posila createUnit ["CZ_Soldier_Wdl_ACR", [(getMarkerPos "posily" select 0),(getMarkerPos "posily" select 1),0], [], 20, "CANCOLLIDE"]; 

This creates group of soldiers caled "posila" at position of marker "posily". the soldier names are a,b,c,d,e,f,j,h,i,j,k and l, and they are various kinds of czech woodland soldiers from ACR DLC

_wp1 = _posila addWaypoint [getMarkerPos "auto",0 ]; 
_wp1 setWaypointType "GETIN NEAREST" ;  
_wp1 setWaypointCombatMode "RED";
_wp1 setWaypointBehaviour "SAFE";
_wp1 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

This creates waypoint called wp1 for group posila, at position of editor placed marker "auto", sets the weypoint tipe to GET IN NEAREST, wich basicaly says the soldiers to fing nearest vehicle or static weapon and get in, it also tels them to engage at will, move full speed and behave like they are at safe position.

Basicaly the soldiers from group posila to get fast in the truck.

_wp2 = _posila addWaypoint [getMarkerPos "disembark",0 ]; 
_wp2 setWaypointType "GETOUT" ;  
_wp2 setWaypointCombatMode "RED";
_wp2 setWaypointBehaviour "SAFE";
_wp2 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

Another waypoint this one will be located at the position of editor placed marker called disembark, and basicaly tells the soldiers to get out of the truck when the truck reaches the waypoint.

_wp3 = _posila addWaypoint [getMarkerPos "z1",0 ]; 
_wp3 setWaypointType "SAD" ;  
_wp3 setWaypointCombatMode "RED";
_wp3 setWaypointBehaviour "COMBAT";
_wp3 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

this waypoint is teling the soldiers to SAD (SEARCH and DESTROY)

_mg2 = _podpora addWaypoint [getMarkerPos "z1",0 ]; 
_mg2 setWaypointType "SAD" ;  
_mg2 setWaypointCombatMode "RED";
_mg2 setWaypointBehaviour "COMBAT";
_mg2 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

This is waypoint fro the chopper.

wp2 and wp3 is what you need i think. But in your case wp3 wouldnt be SAD but it would be MOVE.

I undrestood fom your post that you have similar script like this that creates the boat and the soldiers in it. that would be similar to my truck and soldiers in it. the differnce would probably be the rest.

Edited by Mirek