Sign in to follow this  
Deathnick

Arma 2OA kills internet connection since last past (video)

Okay, since the last patch/update, i ve been having issues with the game, and from some research i did i found out that multiple people have this issue (steam forums etc).

The problem is (watch video for more details) everytime i try to connect to an online server, the game will crash my internet connection, not only the game losing connection, but everything.

I have the game for more than 2 years, and i never had any similar issue (or with any game at all). I tried different routers,ports,firewalls,reinstalling etc. but since other people have this issue aswell its sure that its not from my side. Im not sure but i believe its something with the latest patch (gamespy shutdown... etc) and propably something is flooding the internet connection... Anyway, any help is appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_M7-fUaUwY

Got pretty much the same issue here.

It usually happens after one hour of playing.

One of the following hapens:

1. Network conection is lost completly.
  2. Arma and TS are working fine but anything else does not work (including other computers).

This happens on all computers that I have.

And it also seems that I can always ping outside servers just fine but not anything else (like loading the webpage located on that server). My ISP also did not detected any problems on the line.