Sign in to follow this  
Tyrone24453

cQBreathing Noises

So, I'm sure there's been multiple discussions on the realism of the breathing sounds and such. But simply I just want them off. Not going to mince words, just looking for a way to turn them off. This isn't for multiplayer games though, just for single player maps. So if anyone has the solution I'd be very grateful

You'll have to edit the main config file and change the following parameter in the man class:

soundEngine[]={"",0,0};

That changes it for everything though, single player and multiplayer, which will end up when joining a server with anything ranging from an "edited config" notice to being banned from the server.

That changes it for everything though, single player and multiplayer, which will end up when joining a server with anything ranging from an "edited config" notice to being banned from the server.

Then the only solution I can think of is doing it as a mod, creating a mod folder with the edited config, so the main game's config stays untouched.

Yeah.Either create a small config mod.Or create a small addon with it's own

entries for SoundEngine.

Wow, thank-you everyone for the advice. I was able to figure it out following your guys advice and I appreciate it :) Like I said it's just for single-player for now, as I do know any changes make joining MP impossible. But thanks again guys

Multiplayer should be fine with either of those methods,as long as

everyone has the same files.Editing the main config directly is probably

best left alone. :)