teeha

GPNVG-18 Panoramic Night Vision Goggles

Lighting of NVG's is pretty bright, it's impossible once upon your eyes to see "in the corners" as your eyes can't adapt to darkness. If I clearly understood what you meant. Speaking with my personal experience with french NVG (70° FOV with manual focus). So vanilla NVG are really close to what you cant experience in real life. Green (and even worse quality than in AGM) in the middle, totally black on the sides.

Oh and with NVG, everything seems very close and in 2D, in a 5km night infiltration you can fall like 15 times due to unseen holes if you walk too fast or if you're exhausted. Not fun (at all) IRL and definitely not to be implemented.

I did a foot patrol in Afghanistan and the fucking PVS-14s I had wouldn't focus for shit, so we're walking along a stream and I fall in three times as it was just a bad start to a deployment. it was a good thing I had excellent trigger discipline as I didn't fire a shot but fuck I was soaked man. Maybe that's why I don't bitch about the NVG quality too much, it's good enough my mind says "man its just a little better than what I was used to (and a little better).

Oh and with NVG, everything seems very close and in 2D, in a 5km night infiltration you can fall like 15 times due to unseen holes if you walk too fast or if you're exhausted. Not fun (at all) IRL and definitely not to be implemented.

In short, you're agreeing with me just through different words.

Besides, were you promised fun when/if you enlisted? Nope.

You got the gear, make the best of it.

All I asked was if it was possible to add transparency to the overlay because the NVGs are a few inches away from your eyes, so you still have peripheral vision, even if what you see can range from nothing to just silhouettes (time and weather depending).

I'd imagine it would be something like http://i.imgur.com/inAP5HW.jpg (219 kB) for normal NVGs and something like http://i.imgur.com/QQMMxAK.jpg (376 kB) for the NVGs in question.

Edited by Subscyed

That's a possibility. I'll look into it and do some testing and post some screenshots in a bit. Got some work to do first but after that i'll upload some pics of different views.

Still fixing it. I haven't had as much time to work on it as I planned. Might get a release tonight but I can't confirm that. Sorry I didn't get it out yesterday.

Sure. I can do that for you if you like :)

Dont worry about it! I wasnt pushing for a sooner release. Just a version with the current view :D

Agreed, I'm more concerned with the ability to see better rather than trival things like blur around the edges :D

Almost finished guys. I fixed the texture bugs, the shadow bug, and I'm working on getting the view fixed up. Its not quite lined up so I'm just doing some quick edits done for that. I'll upload once I'm home today. :)

Awesome news, Teeha. Really excited about the update for these. Can't remember which it was that had the blank textures, but will this update fix both variants (black and tan)?

Patch released! Here's the link. Original post updated with current fixes, known bugs, and plans.

The armaholic link is currently outdated so use this one for now.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ebn2cinjwiecz31

Edited by Teeha

http://i.imgur.com/aR1MfpA.jpg (282 kB)

Still white stripes and this battery... dunno how make it good with caps and helmets, heh. There should be more options:

For helmets - battery on back of this helmet.

For caps, battery attached to nvg stripes.

Did you download from Armaholic/Play with Six? Because I dont think those are updated yet. Only my link works currently. The Mediafire one that is.

Your link, cause now I see black and tan texture on nvg, earlier was only tan.

This is so strange!! This isn't happening on my end! I'll continue looking into it. That's why I released the original version! There wasn't any bugs on my end that I had noticed at the textures worked correctly for me. Do you mind telling me what variant that was? Or is it like that on all of them?

I can now see the both the Black/Tan versions(And Battery versions) but still no textures on the straps or mount. Possible mod conflict?

Edited by Arsenalw80

http://i.imgur.com/aR1MfpA.jpg (282 kB)

Still white stripes and this battery... dunno how make it good with caps and helmets, heh. There should be more options:

For helmets - battery on back of this helmet.

For caps, battery attached to nvg stripes.

The battery pack was made for vanilla a3 helmet. Community made helmets vary dimension wise so we would need to place and test for every ingame helmet, which I don't need to tell you how long that would take. If community helmet makers want to.send me there helmet mlods we could make special proper placement versions but it isnt realistic to make a thousand special versions.

IRL you would not wear your ballcap while wearing nvgs, you would either wear your helmet with mount or a headstrap mount(trust me im a former SF operator) ;)

We can look into placing the battery on the smaller headstrap, but it was placed so that nvgs aren't floating on various helmets

The battery placement seems pretty good to me. It works on the FAST helmets by Voodoo and a couple others as well with a little bit of floating or clipping but not really noticeable.

Teeha and I have discussed adding more nvgs, so you will see more battery packs in later updates. Also have plans for accessories such as SF strobes, etc :)

This is just the strangest thing. Works perfect for me, but it doesnt work for anyone else. Very very strange. I'll go through all the p3d's and see what could be causing the problem.

---------- Post added at 02:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 ----------

Is anyone else running into this problem?

Probably a LOD or something, best thing to do (I've had the same issue sort of) is to got Mass Texture and Renaming, therefore you can see all the textures that is on the model without having to go through all the LODs.

This is just the strangest thing. Works perfect for me, but it doesnt work for anyone else. Very very strange. I'll go through all the p3d's and see what could be causing the problem.

---------- Post added at 02:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 ----------

Is anyone else running into this problem?

Just loaded up the new version and I still have the white texture bug on straps. Black NVGS show up black but straps are white and same with Tan NVGS. So yeah its still there unfortunately! Hopefully you figure it out!