Sign in to follow this  
ronw92

Script Error Box?

Hi I am new to the forum and I think this is the right place to post. I keep having a black box pop up that I think is the Show Script Errors box which I thought had to be manually activated with the -showScriptErrors parameter which is something I have never set,. I've had the game for 4 years now and this is a new problem for me. I use the steam version of Arma 2 CO which may have something to do with it I don't know I haven't been able to find that much information on the forums. If anyone could help me figure things out that would be appreciated.

Go to file \Users\<<username>>\AppData\Local\ArmA2OA and open the Arma2OA.rpt file with a text editor (notepad or other). See if it reflects the same messages you're seeing.

It sounds like the -showScriptErrors box you're seeing. Both are used in debugging missions; the black box shows when the error occurs, the rpt file logs them for review.

In Steam, right-click Arrowhead and select "Properties" at the bottom. Click "Set Launch Options" button and see if you have -showScriptErrors listed there. If not, check the properties on your desktop icon(s).

Edited by OpusFmSPol

Thanks for responding I checked the text in the black box is the same as what's in the Arma2OA.rpt file. I also checked the launch properties on steam and the shortcut and I don't have show script errors set. I use six updater so I was wondering if that could have anything to do with my problem like six updated by default having show script errors set.

In Pw6, in the upper right click the "Options" button. Bottom of the list, click "Settings." It brings up a panel. Bottom left, click "Game Settings." Near the bottom is "Startup Parameters." See if you have -showScriptErrors listed there.

Also, the parameters listed apply to the game selected on the main panel. You could have different params set up for A2 and OA. (I think CO launches both.)

The script errors are back I checked Six Updater while I don't have showscript errors enabled under start up parameters they still show up so for some reason the game has them enabled. This is what the stat up parameters are listed as. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=Josh" "

This is what the stat up parameters are listed as. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-name=Josh" "

Apparently you do have showScriptErrors enabled....