Sign in to follow this  
super-truite

ArmAGeddon

Hi guys, here is the first trailer for my MANW entry, developed in cooperation with Make-Love-Not-War.

For those who cannot see the video, here is an alternative version with Arma3 musics:

For the moment, this is a cooperative multiplayer game mode in which you have to flee Altis while the island is sinking!

CSAT forces are fleeing as well and you have to try to steal a vehicle to escape. Tornadoes, earthquakes, meteor falls etc. will spice up your journey!

After the contest, the mod will be further expanded and more explanations about the background will be revealed.

The mod is not yet released.

Support us on the MANW website: http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/eba3yzQZev#.U_4yDfl_tif

On the MANW forum: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170657-ArmAgeddon

Edited by super-truite

For those who would be septic, we tested some of the alpha version but even for an alpha I turned 20 to 25 fps most of the time: D

Edited by Bilu90

Campaign spoilers...

This should have been the last mission in ArmA 3: As Kerry and NATO wrap up their invasion, CSAT unveil their 2035 disaster-device lineup, including tornados, meteors, hurricanes, and tsunamis along with the classic, original earthquake device xD

@Westonsammy hmm, it is already tricky to build an earthquake machine ;)...but making an alternative ending would be a nice side project to consider after the end of the contest ;).

Looks very promising indeed. Some of the effects are nothing short of brilliant. I especially loved the meteor breaking apart coming through the atmosphere, very very well done.

Love the concept too I'll enjoy playing this immensely. Old school camera work too nice :)

Loved the end bit of the trailer :D

Quality concept. Original, looking forward to experiencing Armageddon!.

Sorry for the mess CaptainObvious and thanks for the support.

The AI is now learning how to flee a flooded island (not so simple) thanks to Make Love Not War and an Alpha mission should see the light of the day soon^TM.

Wow! This is amazing! Just the animations and the way you filmed the positions was amazing! Was about to say this is my 2nd fav Make Arma Not War entry but nevermind! This is my favorite one! Totally voting it up ;) keep up the good work

Thanks Tristen2NT ;).

I focus now on gameplay and Altis is being filled with random goodies for players to find. There will be no help on the map and you will need to discover by yourself where to find ammo, weapons, fuel, intel, vehicles ect.

Since I created the MANW page rather late, I am asking again of you, fellow players interested in the project, to support us by your vote: http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/eba3yzQZev#.VBA7Wfl_tif

Thanks Tristen2NT ;).

I focus now on gameplay and Altis is being filled with random goodies for players to find. There will be no help on the map and you will need to discover by yourself where to find ammo, weapons, fuel, intel, vehicles ect.

Since I created the MANW page rather late, I am asking again of you, fellow players interested in the project, to support us by your vote: http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/eba3yzQZev#.VBA7Wfl_tif

Already voted! ;) And so this is basically like wasteland but with awesome, bigger and better features like natural disasters. Omg I swear like all day i'm going to be playing this when I come out. Time to see kavala lol

Wow this is awesome the volcano!!!

Any chances of hurricanes or earthquakes? Good luck again!

I want to focus on coop atm. This allows to spawn a lot of interesting things around the group of players. This would be impossible with a lot of guys spawning randomly across the map while keeping a good FPS rate. Hurricanes seem not possible as they would require way too much particles or would look ugly unless I find a trick. But no time to do that before the end of the contest. Earthquakes are already implemented and finished.

Sorry, one more question what about pollution? As when natural disasters happen they have pollution lockdowns. Maybe a lot of particles in the polluted area and a modded change of color in fog to make It brown. Probably hard to change the fog color though or added gasmasks with pollution effect scripting.

I want to focus on coop atm. This allows to spawn a lot of interesting things around the group of players. This would be impossible with a lot of guys spawning randomly across the map while keeping a good FPS rate. Hurricanes seem not possible as they would require way too much particles or would look ugly unless I find a trick. But no time to do that before the end of the contest. Earthquakes are already implemented and finished.

The "scenario" and the reason for which Altis is under siege by nature, is not compatible with pollution. I will make a trailer explaining this context after the end of MANW. But gaz leak from volcanic activity is possible.

By the way if there are some modders out there, interested in joining an original project after the end of the contest, please PM me. The full project I have in mind is way more ambitious and I will need an army of 3dartists with some knowledge in skining/rigging, config/script programmers ect. ;). I can explain what I have in mind via PM.

Looks really cool good job! I like the idea! Didnt know its possible

to raise the waterlevel (is it complicated?)

I would love to see some lava rivers coming for you :cool:

For the hurricane i remember the tornado script

from the good old operation flashpoint...

Maybe later you can make one with particel effects and some parts of 3d model...should be possible...

So good luck with your project you got my vote:yay:

Thank you! Non dynamic lava rivers would be possible, but I am afraid a dynamic one would require way too much work, for an unpredictable result. Didn't see this OFP tornado. In fact I already made one (cf video). Bigger and stronger ;). The issue with hurricanes is that I would need huge walls of particles, I would either hit the particle count limit of the engine or make it with huge ugly particles... Huge models + particles could indeed be an alternative, but I fear it won't look good. Anyway I need to focus on gameplay now and I will investigate new possibilities after the end of the contest.

Regarding the water Level, I modify the Altis Sea config parameter "maxtide". I hope a scripting command will be added in the future: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16156. (It is funny to play with the other parameters too. Making huge waves is possible too).

PS: I voted for you too, I was in the raptor business before realizing how much work ArmAGeddon would need ;).

Good luck to you too.

Edited by super-truite