Sign in to follow this  
MAD T

MAD Fade To Black

Title: MAD Fade To Black

Author: MAD T

Version: 1.0

Release: 27.8.2014

Requirments: Community Base addons A3, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3o1kjNQR2sdT05OblJOa3h5Wk0/edit?usp=sharing

Description:

This little addon (script version for mission makers included) has the purpose that once a player died his screen turns black and all ingame sounds

are disabled until he respawnes or (if there is no respawn) after mission restart.

The main reason why i created this is for PvP missions that dead players can not use the death cam anymore to spot and report enemies to other players as they are dead and would not know what is going on.

Apart from working in single player the addon works in 2 different ways for multiplayer:

- The server admin can place the key file on the server and allow the players to decide if they want to use it or not.

- If the addon gets loaded on a server (hosted or dedicated) it would broadcast the script to every player

who joins without them needing to download the mod. It literally forces the script on every client. This would be

the best option for PvP missions to make sure everyone uses it.

Known issues:

- After death the screen may get dirty for a second or flicker once. The first is a effect by BIS and why the

second happens i don´t know yet. If you know why it does this and how to get it fixed any help is much appreciated.

Disclaimer:

Feel free to edit and modify to your needs but consider letting me know of your changes, they might be

of interest ;)

Anyone else come here expecting to see something about Metalica?

Great addition to PvP, should be standard really. Might as well have a death cam otherwise . . . . >:(

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!