Sign in to follow this  
Viba

Headless Client troubles since 1.63 & Steam

I've run into some problems with my headless client since the newest 1.63 patch (1.63.125548).

Server is running Windows Server 2008 R2.

Scenario A:

If I start the HC through steam and include the startup parameters in steam it won't initialize properly. It won't join the correct slot as specified in the mission.sqm, init.sqf runs normally and any scripts onward from there, but publicvariableserver has no effect on the server, server never detects the pubvar being sent from the HC. I even tried to make a loop that pushes the pubvar with 10 second intervalls, still nothing. This is fixed if I restart the headless client manually again, then suddenly it starts working again.

Scenario B:

If I start the HC through the new file ArmA2OA_BE.exe with same startup parameters it works fine on the first try, BUT after a random amount of time (usually between 1hour to 10 hours) the HC starts to clog up the whole server. Bandwidth usage is spiking up and down, server is unresponsive for most of the time with ping spikes of up to 10 seconds, TeamSpeak and RDP etc. are unusable. Killing the headless client process normalizes the situation immediately, I verified this with WinMTR running on both the server and my home computer, when the HC started acting up both started having problems connecting each other, terminating the HC process normalized the connection immediately.

I have disabled the headless client for now due to these problems, would still like to have it up and running again because of this: :p

cpuusage.png

I've had no problems with the headless client pre 1.63 & Steam.

Anyone else had similar problems? Any input from the developers about this?

Yep... my DayZ Epoch server is having the same issue. As soon as headless client joins, it skyrockets everybody's ping skyrockets, and as soon as I shut off the headless client it goes back to normal. The weird part is that it was working fine for the first couple of minutes, and then it just randomly started spiking everybody's ping.

Anybody got any ideas?

I was trying to solve this problems for more than one month now. Happy to know its not my host fault and my programing work fault.

So, i'm in the list, same problem here. Completely ignoring HC now.

Edited by Guest

Seens they fixed the crash problem, like we can see on the on UHAXM1 link. But what about the high bandwidth usage and server lag problem commented on this topic?

I'm testing it right now.

Now the lag seens to happens even without the Headless Client. Viba, things are ok to you?

Bandwidth per player is going to 140 Kb/s and causing lag (not related to bandwidth limitations) with no reason. Even on the pure server without Headless Clients.

Happens for all players, not obstant they are far away from everything or near everything (bots, players, vehicles, etc).

More unhappy people here, see CMDR. Taco post: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33399-anyone-using-headless-clients-as-a-basis-and-happy/

Edited by Guest