Sign in to follow this  
reaper lok

Dsync 100000 after update 1.26

After searching through these many pages I was shocked to find no posts or threads discussing the massive Dsync issues in MP since the 1.26 update yesterday. The game is almost unplayable with Dsync values of 100000 at times, it gets worse as the mission is played.

These issues are based from a Dedicated Server with only a small group of guys playing. Has anybody else experienced these values of Dsync since the update....maybe a potential fix that I have missed or am overlooking.

Thanx in advance - REAPER

It's not just you bud, our group of 6 which usually hosts a modified Enemy Assault Takistan on a Local Server, has been hit by this. Warping team mates, or running in place, planes and helicopters breaking the laws of physics and what my eyes can perceive. Desync is constantly at 100K, and never dips. No matter what. Bear in mind, we played this exact same setup for almost a month without a hitch. Same mods, same map, same hardware and internet, not the same experience after 1.26. Pretty disappointed in this patch to be honest, and I can see my gut feeling of wanting to uninstall after seeing none of the major bugs were fixed, or bugs that have been around since Alpha are just now getting fixed, is really saddening. Not gonna harp on BI, or start a flame war, because drama doesn't solve issues. That's just my personal feelings, accrued from Alpha until now. Starting to share Alpion's stance on the whole ArmA gig.

Either way, I digress. A3 as it stands for my group, is unplayable right now. Know that you are not alone Reaper. There is an issue on the Tracker, and a few early threads floating around Life Server (Ugh) forums and such. It's definitely a wider problem than just a few people with bad connections or PCs. Here's hoping it gets fixed soon, but don't hold your breath.

~Niipaa

Thanx for the quick reply - I live in hope ;)

I see that Iceman has been assigned to the issue on the tracker......now we wait, lol

thanx again.

We have about 25-35 people every weekday and 35-45 people on our PvP server and I haven't noticed any desync issues (out of the norm). My FPS have dropped though which I suspect is only due to not having a PERF .exe until Dwarden releases it.

It is impossible to play mp at this time :mad: the game has become much worse in this area until the next game update 1.28 or 1.30, this game has been removed from my list of favorite games on steam.:protest: I'm currently following the progress on the dev branch and wait for the game to improve in this area mp. We are facing a critical moment of the game and needs some major changes especially in the mp mode, needs to be revised and optimized. :o:

Same problem here... same details too - pretty much... nicely updated the game unplayable.

We are investigating reports about desync issues, our programmers are working on that. There is a possibility to use Legacy build in case You are sure Your issues are because of 1.26 update, as it has been described in SPOTREP, however I would advise to verify local file cache first as there have been some issues with updating via Steam recently :icon_twisted:

I started having terrible dsync after 1.24 …… :/ I usually only play on low ping servers, some as low as 23 yet regardless I have almost constant yellow and red chains.

I’ve only played King of the Hill servers recently so I’m not sure if that’s part of the reason why since some say they’re more demanding with the 80+ player count, still I've never had this level of problem before.

I pretty much got the same problem as most people here. Massive desync to a point where it is unplayable, I used to play Arma every day, now I won't even think about playing it at the moment.

Lately I've been playing Breaking Point a lot, it was all fine and fun until the patch came and rendered it fun killing to play. I've had several situations where in a house a person starts walking in place or just teleports somewhere behind me, with us both ending up dead even though one of us had a clear advantage. Also I've seen desync where one player simply becomes invisible to others and are frozen in place on their screen somewhere on the map. Getting shot by something invisible to means the game is rather broken and needs a fix or a downgrade even IMO, I feel a problem like this shouldn't be allowed in a finished game. Even so I've been playing Arma for years and probably will keep on doing it, just can't wait for this to be fixed.

I pretty much got the same problem as most people here. Massive desync to a point where it is unplayable, I used to play Arma every day, now I won't even think about playing it at the moment.

Lately I've been playing Breaking Point a lot, it was all fine and fun until the patch came and rendered it fun killing to play. I've had several situations where in a house a person starts walking in place or just teleports somewhere behind me, with us both ending up dead even though one of us had a clear advantage. Also I've seen desync where one player simply becomes invisible to others and are frozen in place on their screen somewhere on the map. Getting shot by something invisible to means the game is rather broken and needs a fix or a downgrade even IMO, I feel a problem like this shouldn't be allowed in a finished game. Even so I've been playing Arma for years and probably will keep on doing it, just can't wait for this to be fixed.

I have been having issues like that too.

When these guaranteed network message updates came out for DayZ, I had the same thing happen to me as in ArmA 3 with the new update. Every now and then I get random 100000 desyncs that last anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes where before I never had issues like that. Then things like you describe such as invisible players who aren't there. When BIS first implemented these changes to DayZ, one of the first problems that came out were invisible players. I remember the devs having to delay the guaranteed network messaging update and they claimed they fixed the problem but it seems like this was never entirely resolved in the first place.

The problem with this new network messaging update lies back with the first implementations in DayZ.

We are investigating reports about desync issues, our programmers are working on that. There is a possibility to use Legacy build in case You are sure Your issues are because of 1.26 update, as it has been described in SPOTREP, however I would advise to verify local file cache first as there have been some issues with updating via Steam recently :icon_twisted:

I and others experiencing this on my dedicated server and a few other servers. However, not on all servers. Is there a way to "verify local file cache" on the server side lest a complete re-install?

We have these issues since 1.26 too, currently we think it is because some mods. We use this mods:

- Flashbang

- cTab

- F-18 Super Hornet

- Radaranlagen Pack

- Task Force Radio

- C-130

- Boeing/SOAR MH-47E

- RH M4 M16 pack

- RH Pistol pack

- ASDG Joint Rails

- MS2000

- CSE

- UnderSiege Patches & Insignias by Siege-A Version: 1.1

- French Weapon Pack

After removing CSE it all works fine, after removing all mods except CSE all works fine too!? So it is a little bit complicated.We continue testing...

We added this to our server.cfg and we have had much better results - yes there are still issues but now at least we can play :) Hotfix please!!

From Dwarden;

please add to your server.cfg this option

guaranteedUpdates = false;

We added this to our server.cfg and we have had much better results - yes there are still issues but now at least we can play :) Hotfix please!!

From Dwarden;

Can confirm that this helped a lot!Thx! But still big lags at the beginning.

Can confirm that this helped a lot!Thx! But still big lags at the beginning.

Agree - it has helped with our gameplay also, however, periodically different players will receive a massive Dysnc spike that lasts for 5-30 seconds....and thats not fun........especially when transporting your squad at 260 mph in the Ghosthawk ;)

It seems that the desync was caused by some sort of problem with the multiplayer mission (Insurgency on Altis by DAP). And there was no problems with desync with the mission before the 1.26. However, with same mods, same server and players, but with different mission, there seems to be no or only little desync (game is still playable).

Hiya,

We are planning to release the current Steam RC branch to main branch (version 1.28 - access code: Hotfix126Arma3) in a few hours. This version does not yet eliminate the desync problem, but our reports from internal and public testing indicate it works better than 1.26. We feel this is better for players than to wait for the full fix. Our priority investigation and fixing of the full problem continues meanwhile.

Please can anybody who has tested the 1.28 RC (most recent version), and found major problems, let us know here? We are not looking for confirmation that it performs better than 1.24, but better than 1.26 :)

Hiya,

We are planning to release the current Steam RC branch to main branch (version 1.28 - access code: Hotfix126Arma3) in a few hours. This version does not yet eliminate the desync problem, but our reports from internal and public testing indicate it works better than 1.26. We feel this is better for players than to wait for the full fix. Our priority investigation and fixing of the full problem continues meanwhile.

Please can anybody who has tested the 1.28 RC (most recent version), and found major problems, let us know here? We are not looking for confirmation that it performs better than 1.24, but better than 1.26 :)

After playing for 20 mins we had many CTD and lots of Dsync problems :(

Do we still need the server.cfg fix (below)?

From Dwarden;

It's working worst than 1.26.

With 1.26 we sold the issue by correcting the minerrortosend at 0.01. 14 hours playing mission with no CTD. Please go back to the 1.26 or 1.24.

This is a 50% week-end but for sale not for number of player. (Battlefield's player are ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

It seems that the desync was caused by some sort of problem with the multiplayer mission (Insurgency on Altis by DAP). And there was no problems with desync with the mission before the 1.26. However, with same mods, same server and players, but with different mission, there seems to be no or only little desync (game is still playable).

After the update 1.28,,,the game is not working, after 30-40 minutes it freezes on any server, not just the desynchronization that is dormant, I've already done verifying files and I've also reinstalled with the same result ... App Crash. .. Arma 3 has stopped working and has not only happened to me if my whole group of friends who are in TS and hung us all while,,, ARMA 3 nO pLAYABLE fROM LAST UPDATE ... I guess some do not have that problem but if you go to the Steam forums is full of players who experience the same problems as me ... I hope that soon solve,,, although I dislike this always happens in view weekends ....

Thanks (I feel my grammar,,, my English is very limited)

We need a Hotfix for the Hotfix ;)

Or just roll us back to the version that worked.....grrrrr!!!!

:torture:

Yeah that will be really great to get this fixed

Understand that not be really easy but ... since 1.26 my player "stop" play and only travel over the map because massive desynch ==> losing connection make them angry ...

We need a Hotfix for the Hotfix ;)

Sadly, yes :( The incompatibility with BattlEye client (crashing) should be fixed on RC branch (Hotfix128Arma3). We'll push it to main branch as soon as there's some confirmation of it helping.