Sign in to follow this  
kupcho

Using triggers

Is it possible to have a trigger that is tripped by a specific unit?

yes just name the trigger unit something. Then make the trigger initial. trigger that unit's name

Thanks for the reply Tristen2NT.

Just so that I understand correctly, you mean like this...

ACTIVATION = NONE

PRESENT (or whatever)

CONDITION = THE UNITS NAME

Or is there a specific syntax for the condition field?

I'm sure that this seems very basic, but I really don't understand many of the finer points of editing, and I don't understand actual coding at all.

I wish that they would just publish a "How To" guide for using the editor. Some of the things are kind of confusing.

I do TRY to experiment with things first, but, like I said...some stuff goes right over my head.

I'm just an old fart that just enjoys setting up scenarios for my friends. Any help is appreciated.

There are a few youtube videos out there that you can start with to understand triggers more?

, maybe that and some others will help you. Here's a picture of a simple trigger that makes a guard salute

8JPPJ1.jpg

so everytime any Blufor dudes walk in the trigger he'll salute them.

under the Condition most times you can leave "this" in there. I have that specific command in there so when any "player" units get withn that distance of the soldier, he'll salute regardless if the player even ran over the trigger and "guardsal" is the name of the unit that the trigger is for. You could probably change "player" to any specific name of a unit that you're trying to have the trigger activate for.

Edited by Hawaii_Based

Can't you just group the trigger to the unit?

Put the unit down as you normally would, select group and then drag a line from the unit to the trigger.

Can't you just group the trigger to the unit?

Put the unit down as you normally would, select group and then drag a line from the unit to the trigger.

Indeed, that's so much easier. People start learning scripting without even knowing mission editor basis. If i were less lazzy i would start a tutorial on how using that mission editor without any scripting command.

There's actually a lot out there from Arma 2 days. The editor is practically the same and quite frankly that's how I learned the above.

Google>YouTube>Arma 2 editing (insert subject here)........and you'll have numerous awesome videos.