Sign in to follow this  
Snelz

Not played in a while, suggestions for mods

played loads of arma 2 with a couple of mates and looking to get back into arma 3 and wanted to ask opinions about mods,

interested in an ai mod, used to use zeus ai back in arma 2, but is there anything better these days.

after a discussion we would really prefer current gen vehicles units weapons etc, I've just read you can port over arma 2 stuff, does this work flawlessly or is bugs / errors? is there any other mods that use current gen vehicles units weaponry etc

any must have mods that improve on the vanilla exp? doesnt have to be anything in particular could just be an improved compass or something! used ace on arma 2 for added realism from time to time, and although there was some nice improvements, sometimes it was a bit to hardcore for us,

not got as much time as i used to, used to try out near enough every single mod loads of trial and error etc, but i would really appreciate if someone could post a small collection of must have mods to improve the experience rather than just vanilla, so we can hit the ground running

many thanks in advance and ANY suggestions welcome

Vts weapon resting mod.

Basically virtual bi pods. Can rest on walls objects. Good mod.

Jsrs 2.2 sound mod. till dragonfyre is released.

Agm . Arma 3s answer to ace.

Pearls a10 thunderbolt 2 . Really good quality mod. One of the best. Cannon sound is as close to real life as you are going to get.

Play withSix do mod packs/collection which is where gaming communities can put all the stuff new members might need to download to get in game. This one might suit your team as it is based on current Afghanistan in insurgency.

DICE

There's great sound mods with JSRS which has an exciting update coming and visually Blastcore is great and some AMAZING looking stuff is coming with this in its next incarnation/update.

TMR modular realism is wicked as is TPW mods if you do any SP stuff.

Units and vehicles wise, I love UK Special Forces mod and USAF mod.

Tons of great stuff out there.

AGM is good and it's looking to turn ACE-y. I roll with that. JSRS 2.2 for sounds. Blastcore is a great effects one.

Plenty of asset mods out there as well. PLA, BAF, Middle Eastern groups, you name it. There's some ported A2 content like Aplion's stuff and the Reyhard packs, too.

Maps-side would be A3MP which ports A2's maps (ready your Broadband!) It also can support other A2 community maps. I run Thirsk with no problems, for example.

I'll cover the AI mods:

If you used zeusAI in A2 then I'd recommend either ASR_AI or bCombat. bCombat is more resource intensive but probably closer to what zeusAI did especially findCover. I use ASR_AI all the time it's more lightweight and can be used in almost any mission without screwing it up.

Check Gunter's excellent thread covering this topic:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175400-AI-Compilation-List-of-Addons-Mods-Scripts-amp-Misc