Sign in to follow this  
AttentionHorse

Sharpen filter

So the patch that came out today added a "Sharpen" filter. This filter was always in the game, but now we can control the strength of this effect. The problem is that by default the sharpen effect is on 0, and we can change to a value between 0-200. I would like to know what was the default "sharpen" value before the patch - I want my game to look exactly the same as it used to before 1.26 came out. Was it 100?

I know that this question is kinda minor, but when I'm playing with friends I make a ton of screenshots and I want them to look as good as they always did.

I'm also pretty sure that only a dev can answer this question.

I believe the sharpen filter was enabled only with FXAA. And different FXAA levels had different sharpening values.

I don't have any screenshots for comparison, but I think FXAA ultra & 150-200 sharpen looks the same as the FXAA ultra before.

But now I like the SMAA & 50-80 sharpen more, it's feels much nicer.

Don't forget that you can use the sharpen with SMAA now which wasn't possible before and many people and articels show it's bit better than FXAA. 100 was max for my eyes. Better trust your eyes.

I use Ultra SMAA now with a sharpening of only 2 - 4. This looks pretty much like real antialiasing

FXAA with value of 1 in arma3.cfg (equals 100 in UI) was default before ... the sharpen filter wasn't before available for SMAA and no PPAA ... now it is

Edited by Dwarden
  • Like 1

Love the new sharpen filter,with the current settings it looks warm and smooth, a great extraction. thx BIS

We know the ingame FXAA/SMAA will be automatically disabled when NV google is on, will this happen on the Sharpen filter?