Sign in to follow this  
Pioneer760

SP Operation Ridge Sweep / Operation Mountaineer� A3v01

Christmas Time – Present Time!

SP Mission “Operation Ridge Sweep A3v08†is improved, updated and easier to install

Unusual Arctic Alpine Warfare Setting with Avalanches + Crevasses + Snow + Low Clouds

Sweep the enemy off the mountain ridge and survive bullets, deadly falls, avalanches, and crevasses! Expect fantastic mountain views with clouds around and under you and expect uncommon threats in an unusual scenario. Playtime: 2+ hours. Due to different approaches (many ways and paths with different character) it has high replay value too.

Showcase based on Operation Ridge Sweep

Intro of Operation Ridge Sweep

The core idea is to generate a mountaineering atmosphere and to exploit the magnificent map of Aoraki – Mount Cook of New Zealand made by Dean Hall. I changed the mission file a lot to make the old Arma 2 island addon running in A3 almost as good as in Arma 2.

OM_A3v01_01.jpg

Mission download:

Operation_Ridge_Sweep_A3v08.rar

Have fun on the beckoning summits!

Pioneer760

Requirements and addons (as of Dez 2014)

- Arma 3

- All in Arma (AiA TP) OR All in Arma Standalone Lite

- CBA Community Based Addon

- Terrain “AORAKI/ MOUNT COOK ISLAND (ALPHA)â€; 0.1 ALPHA, 15 January 2011 and “usec_alpine_v0.1â€, which comes usually together with “aoraki / mount cook “ add on

@Aoraki Mt. Cook addon

Useful Addons but optional (will work without)

- GDSN_IslandLightingFixes IslandLightingFixes

Change log A3v0.8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- the weather/ cloud module files are included in the mission package, since they fall under the “Arma Public Licenseâ€. Extra effort to get these files is not necessary now.

- more crevasses added

- improved mission settings, waypoints, locations, messages, etc.

- improved sound effects for wind and environment

- more old Arma2 code deleted (in Arma3 editor invisible)

- improved scripts and functions (avalanche, crevasse, etc.)

- switched off script for idle moves for guards standing around (does disturb the AI detection skills heavily)

- the end trigger was moved closer to the last action

- traffic on glacier changed, the convoy will appear later

Edited by Pioneer760

This looks truely amazing, I made the same kind of mission back in A2 days where you had to destroy an antenna on top of Mt Cook.

Thank you for bringing the memories back.

By the way, you might be interested by this:

This is a basejump script I made for this map, we had great fun with it. I had a better video on the latest version but it got removed from youtube. Anyways, if you're interested I will give you the script with great pleasure.

Edit: Few things that went through my head while playing:

I had a script error when calling foggybreath.sqf, replace this by player. ([player,0.1] execVM "foggybreath.sqf"; ).

The little flagpoles to indicate the way to the top are cute but I think a rock formation (cairn) would be more accurate (I live in the alpes so this tickled me).

Also, in my opinion, you'd have to add more distance in between two flagpoles, otherwise it feels really easy to just follow the path (maybe it's intended).

The avalanche is great, maybe you'd like to hide the cannisters (it felt weird to me) using hideObject.

You might want to take a look at NIM weather for A2, I know it had some great blizzard effects.

Edited by CPC-Skippy

Thx. Wow, nice video, nice music! Nice script.

When the sound issues are fixed (environment strong wind) I’m going to make a video about the mountaineering mission as well.

You can run the island in Arma 3 without Arma 2. So have fun. But my mission requires Arma 2 currently and the cloud module as well. (With Arma 3 only the sky and the environment sound are bugged.)

A real port of the Aoraki map would be nice but unlikely to come. So, I had to trick my way around some issues. I’m not a map moder – should not be too much work to fix sound and sky on this map. And Rocket Dean Hall was working on an highres updated ... guess before Dayz consumed him.

I love this map and have four years old ideas about a mountaineering mod – now easier to make because of all the survival scripts/code out there.

----

With the Maule M7 ski plane you can have a lot fun there too.

@ Maule M7 ski plane

With the coast guard MH60 and its winch I rescued mountaineers in bad weather from Aoraki back then. The Arma 3 lightning strikes would even add more immersion.

@ Coast guard Rescue MH60 with winch

Best

Edited by Pioneer760

Christmas Time – Present Time!

SP Mission “Operation Ridge Sweep A3v08†is improved, updated and easier to install

Unusual Arctic Alpine Warfare Setting with Avalanches + Crevasses + Snow + Low Clouds

Watch the first post for videos, download links and details

Have fun on the beckoning summits!

Pioneer760