kamping-killoch

Killoch's MultiNational Pack

For me, it comes out as a weird .cpp, not a .bin. Changing the filename to .bin then trying to unRap it fails for me |: I've tried several de-pbo'ers and unRappers. And the official ARMA 3 ones, but it's just messed up for me. Maybe you/someone could link/message me a clean config.cpp from the Independent pbo? I'd be very grateful.

And yeah, the signing/distribution is no big deal. We don't use signatures for our private server anyways, because we actually trust our members (gasp)!

I've been using mikeros eliteness for my config snooping, which seems to work nicely. Use it to unpack the .pbo, navigate it to that folder, highlight the config.bin, Right click and De-Rapify. Then you can copy the info from the eliteness window to Notepad++

I'm with Killoch, use eliteness that's what I was using to have a look.

Eyyy! Thank you Cyruz and Killoch. I'm sorry I'm a n00bscrub. I didn't know about Eliteness |:

A quick preview of some of the stuff I'm working on for the next update (WIP): http://imgur.com/a/vmUpi

Should feature North and South Korea, Finland, A stack of generic camo patters ( M81 US Woodland, 3 Co US Desert, Olive Drab ) and a Desert Equivalent to the the existing Volunteer Militia units. Should Probably also contain an Arctic patterns for each side. Many thanks to Sudden from East Vs. West for the Soviet Style Helmets.

A quick preview of some of the stuff I'm working on for the next update (WIP): http://imgur.com/a/vmUpi

Should feature North and South Korea, Finland, A stack of generic camo patters ( M81 US Woodland, 3 Co US Desert, Olive Drab ) and a Desert Equivalent to the the existing Volunteer Militia units. Should Probably also contain an Arctic patterns for each side. Many thanks to Sudden from East Vs. West for the Soviet Style Helmets.

The Finland units make me very happy. The rest look great too but ya. Cannot wait :D

Killoch, the new units look very good. Especially the desert guys will be useful when we use custom maps. I am really looking forward to your next update.

Seriously I love your mod Killoch, HUGE variety with low size (maybe the most important).

If you can add some kind of European clothing terrorists would be great!

Seriously I love your mod Killoch, HUGE variety with low size (maybe the most important).

If you can add some kind of European clothing terrorists would be great!

Thanks man, that's what I was going for.

It's taken a bit longer than expected but the next update is nearly done, it's got quite a lot of content, over 200 objects total now, as well as revisions to old stuff. There's a bit of a jump in filesize, likely to just over 210mb (from ~150mb), but the content per-meg should be the same or better. As an example of (Some) of what you can expect here's a (Work in progress) teaser.

Really great pack, Killoch!

Out of curiosity, do you have plans of doing any civilian factions?

Version 2 Release:

Thanks for your patience everyone, I'm very happy to release to you V2 of the Multinational pack and it's even bigger than hoped for.

Right now the pack represents 41 factions/groups and contains over 200 gear items. Now included are the USMC, US Army, Russian Federation, Peoples Republic of China, North and South Korea, New Zealand, Australia, Finland, Norway, Germany, Canada, the UK and Ireland and a stack of generic factions. The root post has been updated with a full list and some example images, but for now here's teaser of what you can find inside:

supgbyI.jpg

VsCvl02.jpg

Dropbox: Download

Thanks, man. Great stuff. Really enjoy the ACU/Ranger gear. Question though;

Since you're adding rebel uniforms, is there a chance we'll also see ME attire like the thawbs/vests/robes/paktols like in A2 and the hooded/hood down variants of the EUR jackets like in A2 as well? Or are those clothes more nonessential to you? I see the more authentic and combat viable path to the mod. I was just wondering about that sort of variation. Which would be terrific.

Edited by Nullrick

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I thought it was odd that not bring backpacks, have thought anything about it?

This is simply... Glorious ;__;

I stand in awe. (Mainly because the most splendid® Finnish M05 Camouflage is represented in this pack :3)

Since you're adding rebel uniforms, is there a chance we'll also see ME attire like the thawbs/vests/robes/paktols like in A2 and the hooded/hood down variants of the EUR jackets like in A2 as well? Or are those clothes more nonessential to you? I see the more authentic and combat viable path to the mod. I was just wondering about that sort of variation. Which would be terrific.

Unfortunately I didn't have access to any such models. I did my best with what's already in game.

No Brit units?

Royal Marines or Paras would be nice.

There's no British AI units included, and I didn't include them in the list (it was just a time thing) However there IS british DPM and Desert DPM included. I decided against including MTP ( and aussie MCU ) due to how similar to the already in game Multicam it is. I wanted to focus on distinct patterns for the most part.

I thought it was odd that not bring backpacks, have thought anything about it?

This was just a size thing in the end, I really wanted to keep the filesize <250Mb ( And did so ), and backpack textures as big as Clothing textures that add much more variety. In the end I felt the backpacks in game already could do the job nearly as well at 0 extra download.

I understand about backpacks

but not a good notion include an arctic camouflage backpack?

is what I see more necessary

Wow, my jaw dropped when I saw all those units. I was expecting just China, Russia and the U.S.

But now I cup-half-empty situation, because I have all these equally gorgeous HLC weapons (M4s, M14s, AKs, FALs, G3s, M60s) and no one to carry them.

How would one go about changing these units' loadout to use HLC weapons and ammo by default? I can't bear to listen to those silly vanilla weapons when there are such great modded rifles to be had. Russians need their kalashes.

How would one go about changing these units' loadout to use HLC weapons and ammo by default? I can't bear to listen to those silly vanilla weapons when there are such great modded rifles to be had. Russians need their kalashes.

Hopefully Killoch doesn't mind me posting this but this is how I assign gear to them. Grab Eliteness and open the PBOs, open the config.cpp and get busy with the classnames. I've included a before and after example below. You only need to adjust weapons/respawnweapons + magazines/respawnmagazines. If you're not fussed about variety then you can use replace all in any good text editor to do this a lot faster!

Original:

// Russian Oldschool

class MNP_RO_Soldier_F : B_Soldier_base_F {
	_generalMacro = "B_Soldier_F"; //unsure what this does
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "Rifleman";
	nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody"; //class for "naked" body
	uniformClass = "MNP_CombatUniform_RO_rg"; //the uniform item

Model = "\A3\Characters_F\OPFOR\O_officer.p3d";

weapons[] = {"arifle_Katiba_ACO_F", "Throw", "put"};
	respawnweapons[] = {"arifle_Katiba_ACO_F", "Throw", "put"};

magazines[] = {"HandGrenade", "HandGrenade", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green"};
	respawnmagazines[] = {"HandGrenade", "HandGrenade", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green"};

hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo", "insignia", "clan"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\MNP_OPFOR\Data\C_RO.paa"};
	hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] = {"\MNP_OPFOR\Data\Officer.rvmat"};

linkedItems[] = {"MNP_Helmet_SOVC_RU", "V_Chestrig_rgr", "NVGoggles", "ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemRadio"};
	respawnLinkedItems[] = {"MNP_Helmet_SOVC_RU", "V_Chestrig_rgr", "NVGoggles", "ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemRadio"};
	side = 0;

faction = MNP_O_Units; // Puts unit under new faction
	vehicleClass = "MNP_RO_Units"; // Puts unit in the vehicleclass	
	author = "Killoch";
};

Modified

// Russian Oldschool

class MNP_RO_Soldier_F : B_Soldier_base_F {
	_generalMacro = "B_Soldier_F"; //unsure what this does
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "Rifleman";
	nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody"; //class for "naked" body
	uniformClass = "MNP_CombatUniform_RO_rg"; //the uniform item

Model = "\A3\Characters_F\OPFOR\O_officer.p3d";

weapons[] = {"hlc_rifle_aks74", "Throw", "put"};
	respawnweapons[] = {"hlc_rifle_aks74", "Throw", "put"};

magazines[] = {"HandGrenade", "HandGrenade", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK"};
	respawnmagazines[] = {"HandGrenade", "HandGrenade", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK", "hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK"};

hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo", "insignia", "clan"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\MNP_OPFOR\Data\C_RO.paa"};
	hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] = {"\MNP_OPFOR\Data\Officer.rvmat"};

linkedItems[] = {"MNP_Helmet_SOVC_RU", "V_Chestrig_rgr", "NVGoggles", "ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemRadio"};
	respawnLinkedItems[] = {"MNP_Helmet_SOVC_RU", "V_Chestrig_rgr", "NVGoggles", "ItemMap", "ItemCompass", "ItemWatch", "ItemRadio"};
	side = 0;

faction = MNP_O_Units; // Puts unit under new faction
	vehicleClass = "MNP_RO_Units"; // Puts unit in the vehicleclass	
	author = "Killoch";
};

Caveat: Editing any files like this will mean you need to resign + distribute to others if you want them to work in MP.

Edited by Cyruz
Added caveat

Hopefully Killoch doesn't mind me posting this but this is how I assign gear to them. Grab Eliteness and open the PBOs, open the config.cpp and get busy with the classnames. I've included a before and after example below. You only need to adjust weapons/respawnweapons + magazines/respawnmagazines. If you're not fussed about variety then you can use replace all in any good text editor to do this a lot faster!

Thanks, I'm going to like to this from the root.

I understand about backpacks

but not a good notion include an arctic camouflage backpack?

is what I see more necessary

To be honest until you mentioned Arctic backpacks I'd not thought of it, I'll include some in future updates. Thanks!

Any chance you would distribute Cyruz's custom weapon PBOs, Killoch?

It took me half a dozen downloads to find a de-PBO program that actually works (just like it did the last time I tried it).

And now I have these config.cpp that are apparently in gibberish with Chinese characters, and I can't find any tutorials on how to make them legible. Google promised that UnRap can turn them into readable text, but the conversion fails. And of course, I don't have a program to actually re-pack the PBO if I get that far. If you're not an established modder, it's like reinventing the wheel. Pretty frustrating.