kamping-killoch

Killoch's MultiNational Pack

Killochs Multi-National Pack

ptsOWuH.jpg

Version 3

Description:

Killoch's multi-national pack is a retexture pack ( Created by myself ), which aims to bring a huge variety of Infantry units to your games in a single pack. The pack features 57 "factions", or distinct groups or camouflage patterns, and well over 300 Gear items to achive this, which represent a dozen real world groups, including the USMC, US Army, Russian Federation, Peoples Republic of China, North and South Korea, New Zealand, Australia, Finland, Norway, Germany, Canada, the UK and Ireland and many other fictional Generic groups. Though Intended primarily as a Gear pack, from where you can make your own loadouts, the pack comes with a limited variety of AI units that can be placed in the editor for all 57 Factions (489 AI units) and placeable groups. Understanding the constraints and headaches of creating a Modpack for groups, The filesize has been kept as small as I could and comes in at ~340Mb. The pack has no external Dependencies.

V3 Update

It's been a long time coming but V3 is finally here. There have been a lot of changes to the pack, which now features over 360 gear items representing 57 factions. This update brings in many new nations such Iran, Israel, The Czech republic, Ukraine and others as well as expanding the UK gear into a proper faction and refining some of the more heavily used units such as US M81 woodland, 3co Desert and the PLA factions. Other nations such as the US are expanded with new patterns such as Multicam, and my own take on Scorpion W2. The appearance of MANY of the units may have changed somewhat in this update. My aim was to improve the quality of the as many textures as possible as well as to expand the variety. This is an example of the kind of update you can expect from V2 to V3. I hope you enjoy the selection.

One thing to note, as of V3 the three .pbo's are No Longer independent of one another. This was done to reduce filesize owing to an increasing number of shared assets between the .pbos. I hope you understand.

0fqhegB.jpg

A List of the 57 Factions Included can be found below, and a full Classlist is included in the download.

supgbyI.jpg

VsCvl02.jpg

Factions: * = Updated in V3 ** = new

BLUFOR:

• United States Marine Corps (MARPAT)
  • United States Marine Corps (MARPAT Desert)
  • United States Marine Corps (T-Pattern) **
  • United States Marine Corps (6-Color Desert) **
  • United States Arctic Warfare (MARPAT Snow)
  • United States Army (ACU)
  • United States Army (Scorpion W2) **
  • United States Army Rangers (Scorpion W2) *
  • United States Army (M81 Woodland) *
  • United States Army (3 Color Desert) *
  • German Bundeswehr (Flecktarn) *
  • German Bundeswehr (Desert Flecktarn) *
  • Canadian Army (CADPAT)
  • Canadian Army (CADPAT Desert)
  • Australian Army (Auscam)
  • Australian Army (AMCU) **
  • Republic of Korea (Granite-B) *
  • Republic of Korea Marines (Digital Tiger) **
  • Generic OD Security services (OD)
  • United Kingdom 2 Para (DPM) **
  • United Kingdom 2 Para (DDPM) **
  • Israeli Defence Forces (Drab) **
  • Military "Advisors" (Tiger Stripe) **

OPFOR:

• Chinese PLA (Type 07 Universal) *
  • Chinese PLA (Type 07 Arid) *
  • Chinese PLA Naval Marines (Type 07 Ocean) *
  • Chinese PLA Heavy Infantry *
  • Chinese PLA Heavy Infantry (Arid)
  • Russian VDV (Digital Flora)
  • Russian VDV (Digital Desert)
  • Russian Heavy Infantry
  • Russian Heavy Infantry (Desert)
  • Korean Peoples Army Conscripts (Drab)
  • Korean Peoples Army Regulars (Woodland)
  • CSAT Arctic Warfare (White)
  • Russian Infantry (Flora) *
  • Russian Infantry (TTsKO) *
  • Russian Infantry (Airborne Amoeba) *
  • Russian Infantry (Reed) **
  • Donetsk Peoples Republic (Spekter-S - Summer) **
  • Donetsk Peoples Republic (Spekter-S - Autumn) **
  • Iranian Republican Guard (Digital Desert) **
  • Iranian Republican Guard Basij Militia (Basij Digital) **

INDEPENDENT:

• Local Volunteer Militia, LVM (MIXED Woodland) *
  • Local Volunteer Militia, Desert (MIXED Desert)
  • National Peoples Army, NPA (DPM) *
  • National Peoples Army, NPA (6CO) *
  • Allied States of America, ASA (Mixed) *
  • Altis Revolutionary Council, ARC (OD)
  • Defence Forces Ireland (Irish DPM)
  • Defence Forces Ireland (Irish Desert DPM)
  • New Zealand Defence Forces (MCUPAT)
  • Finish Defence Forces (M05 Woodland Pattern)
  • Finish Defence Forces (M05 Snow Pattern)
  • Norwegian Army ( M/98 Woodland)
  • Norwegian Army ( M/03 Desert)
  • Army of the Czech Republic (Vz.95 Woodland) **

Link to V2 demo Image: http://i.imgur.com/HgHRi4y.jpg

Link to V3 Demo Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wthvvgcxweom4f/EX2015.png?dl=1

You can find a gallery of the original 25 Factions here, many have since been updated and this should no longer be viewed as representative: http://imgur.com/a/6rDLf

With some more Action shots here: http://imgur.com/a/0ob3R

Features:

• ~57 Camo Patterns representing over a dozen real and several fictional groups
  • 489 AI units
  • 360 Retextured Gear Items

Download V3:

Dropbox Download

Armaholic - Soon

banner-420x120.png

Credits

• BI for the original models and textures
  • Saul & JohnSpartan for their offer of help early on
  • Members of ShackTactical for support and testing
  • SomerenV, Rusty and others who made many wonderful camoflage patterns publicly available on the FP forums.
  • Sudden from East Vs. West for the use of his Soviet Helmets
  • zx64, Taconic, Boka & Boganova for technical and faction suggestions

ClassList: Can be found in the Download

Dependencies: None

Changelog:

Version 1.01

• Fixed off colored Headgear
  • Resolved some .rpt spam
  • Fixed Canadian Boonies

Version 2

• Added 16 New groups and associated new gear items to the pack

Version 2.1

• Major changes to ALL armor values
  • Added PASGT helmets to OPFOR side inOD, Black, PLA variants, Russian Federation Variants and a new UN one.
  • Added a number of Backpack variants for some factions

• Major retexturing work.
  • Many Additional Factions:
  • e.g. Iranian Republican guard,
  • Donetsk Peoples Republic (Novorussian),
  • Ukranian Army,
  • US Army Scorpion W2 pattern,
  • Czech republic,
  • United Kingdom,
  • Tiger Stripe,
  • Australian Multicam,
  • ROK Marines
  • Israel
  • Generalised ( i.e removed flags ) several uniforms.
  • The apperance of some units may have changed slightly in 3.00
  • Re color-balanced many textures.
  • Likely other things I failed to document at the time.

Cyruz on how to modify the pack with custom weapons

Edited by Kamping-Killoch
Version 2.1
  • Like 5

Small Update V1.01:

• Fixed some off colored headgear
  • Resolved some .rpt spam
  • Fixed the Canadian Boonies

Download:

Dropbox

CrzOFBQ.jpg

Image made with Toadies weapons pack, not Included or Required

Mr Killoch, do you have any plans for Backpack Textures or even Weapon Retextures? Besides that, a fantastic re-texture pack which I think I will be using indefinitely.

Thanks alot for your hard work! Really like the quality and the wide spectrum of factions! This is going straight into my group's repo!

Got a huge request for you so this is compatible with ALiVE.

Will you follow this thread to re do the grouping and faction naming ? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170352-Public-service-announcment-CfgFactionClasses-and-CfgGroups-configs-interoperability

Essentially you would need to redo groups based on the Default Arma III group set. (Infantry, Mechanized, Armor, ect)

You would also have to make a faction for each unit (USMC, USMC Desert, ect)

And, (if you could), would you add placeholder vehicles to all factions? For instance, in the USMC Motorized patrol..you could add the Hunter. That away we can use the whole army.

Its very important to follow BI's Groups exactly however. Thanks!

Is there a chance for a "arsenal only" version without the pre configured groups and units in the editor ?

Just the gear available in the arsenal (or in a ammobox) ?

Great Work but the Bundeswehr Flecktarn looks a bit too dark.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Wiggum, I also think that it is a bit darker than normal but Killoch's variant has a very good camouflage effect in the game. It just works very well and I'd be happy if Killoch kept his flecktarn as it is. Actually I am trying to convince my group to adopt Killoch's pack as our new standard uniforms.

Killoch, you didn't put the little flags on the shoulders of the German uniforms. Technically, this is not realistic but as a player I like it this way. It makes it easier for international people to use flecktarn in their missions. If I may make a request I'd ask you to consider to offer the other uniforms in a version without any flags, too, and let people add their flags as insignia or wear vests with a flag.

Wiggum, ARC made a very nice pack of Nato uniforms. The German uniforms in the ARC pack look brighter than Killoch's and you may like them better.

Got a huge request for you so this is compatible with ALiVE.

Will you follow this thread to re do the grouping and faction naming ? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170352-Public-service-announcment-CfgFactionClasses-and-CfgGroups-configs-interoperability

Doing this for 25 factions might take some time, so I really cannot promise it will be done, but I will definitely look into this if I get a chance to.

Is there a chance for a "arsenal only" version without the pre configured groups and units in the editor ?

Just the gear available in the arsenal (or in a ammobox) ?

Uniforms need to have at least one Ai unit associated with them as far as I know ( Just because of how A3 works ), the included AI and groups are fairly minimalist, can I ask for my own interest why you'd like a version without any units or groups. In any case I will include ammoboxes in the next release.

Mr Killoch, do you have any plans for Backpack Textures or even Weapon Retextures? Besides that, a fantastic re-texture pack which I think I will be using indefinitely.

I tried to use the defaut backpacks as much as I could for the sake of keeping the filesize as small as possible, however I'll try and add a few more into the next version. ( Also, the PLA has 4 backpacks included, 2 in 2 patterns. ) If you have any specific requests let me know.

Killoch, you didn't put the little flags on the shoulders of the German uniforms. Technically, this is not realistic but as a player I like it this way. It makes it easier for international people to use flecktarn in their missions. If I may make a request I'd ask you to consider to offer the other uniforms in a version without any flags, too, and let people add their flags as insignia or wear vests with a flag.

Not so much a design decision as a technical one, until the last update (i.e when this was being made ) the Clan Logo and Insignias went on the little pocket flap squares, the last update moved them down to the pocket proper, which is more accurate for US units. WRT having alternate versions without flags, as I said earlier one of my hopes for this mod was to keep the filesize as small as I could ( Moderate Success? ). If or when I add more content I'd prefer it to be adding more nations and factions than variations on what's already included. I hope you understand.

Thanks everyone for all your support,

Killoch

Do you have any plans on doing a "eastern / slavic rebels" reskin? :)

Do you have any plans on doing a "eastern / slavic rebels" reskin? :)

Not specifically but I would like to expand the Opfor and Inde packs in the future, so I'll keep it in mind. The Local Militia included might be a good representation of Eastern European rebel groups.

Uniforms need to have at least one Ai unit associated with them as far as I know ( Just because of how A3 works ), the included AI and groups are fairly minimalist, can I ask for my own interest why you'd like a version without any units or groups. In any case I will include ammoboxes in the next release.

Hi !

Just because so many factions could spawn the editor unit selection quiet a bit... :p

hey Killoch, love these units, i was wondering, will you plan to replace the middle eastern men in the PLA with the asian ones?

hey Killoch, love these units, i was wondering, will you plan to replace the middle eastern men in the PLA with the asian ones?

That's the plan.

Hi and thanks for your addon!

Question though: do you plan on expanding the Allied States of America units a bit? In the show they were using ucp (among other patterns but the regular infantry had it), could you maybe include a unit in that pattern in the future? :)

many thanks again :)

Hey Killoch, would you also cosider doing some retextures for vehicles, like the IFV Patria, P0-30 Orca and Kuba MBT into PLA colours? kinda like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Type_99_MBT_front_left.jpg

alos would you consider creating a Independant aligned North Korea Armed Force? kinda along the lines of these guys: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110321220804/homefront/images/b/bf/0316111955.jpg

Edited by GeneralKong

Hi and thanks for your addon!

Question though: do you plan on expanding the Allied States of America units a bit? In the show they were using ucp (among other patterns but the regular infantry had it), could you maybe include a unit in that pattern in the future? :)

many thanks again :)

To be honest the units included are only half based on the show, mostly as I'm trying to keep the factions as diverse as possible for now. That being said, I do hope to give another pass to a few of the factions, the ASA, Australia, the LVM and Revolutionaries for a start.

Hey Killoch, would you also cosider doing some retextures for vehicles, like the IFV Patria, P0-30 Orca and Kuba MBT into PLA colours? kinda like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Type_99_MBT_front_left.jpg

alos would you consider creating a Independant aligned North Korea Armed Force? kinda along the lines of these guys: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110321220804/homefront/images/b/bf/0316111955.jpg

Sorry, For now at least the plan is to keep this an Infantry pack. As for Korean units, I have been considering adding North & South Korea in the future, so we'll see.

Really love the mod so far!

Is there a way to modify the units and change their weapons for use in my MilSim group? Just using a script would be problematic, because in Zeus they'd still have the default weapons.

I experimented with opening the independent PBO and changing the config.cpp, but it appears odd in Notepad++? I can't link a picture of how it appears for me yet, because I just registered to post this.

Anyways. I just really want to replace the weapons the soldiers in the Independent pack carry, with weapons from RH's M4 pack or from HLC's AK pack. But I couldn't open the .cpp, and I don't know how to make my own mod that does the same. (Would've been easier to just replace the mags/rifles than make my own mod.)

I guess what I'm asking is, is there any way I can edit the .cpp? Get a source .cpp? Or can someone offer my guidance in making my own separate mod and config.cpp to accomplish what I want done? Thanks!

Edited by mtflaspoler
prettying it up

Really love the mod so far!

Is there a way to modify the units and change their weapons for use in my MilSim group? Just using a script would be problematic, because in Zeus they'd still have the default weapons.

I experimented with opening the independent PBO and changing the config.cpp, but it appears odd in Notepad++? I can't link a picture of how it appears for me yet, because I just registered to post this.

Anyways. I just really want to replace the weapons the soldiers in the Independent pack carry, with weapons from RH's M4 pack or from HLC's AK pack. But I couldn't open the .cpp, and I don't know how to make my own mod that does the same. (Would've been easier to just replace the mags/rifles than make my own mod.)

I guess what I'm asking is, is there any way I can edit the .cpp? Get a source .cpp? Or can someone offer my guidance in making my own separate mod and config.cpp to accomplish what I want done? Thanks!

It's a config.bin, go grab unRap and extract it out to .cpp. Just had a mess around and assigned them other guns, works well but you'll need to distribute the files back out to everyone rather than using the official versions, you'll also need to re-sign anything you modify unless you don't use sigchecking.

Edit: Thanks Killoch for a nice sane unit pack that doesn't have rpt spam and just works

Edited by Cyruz

It's a config.bin, go grab unRap and extract it out to .cpp

For me, it comes out as a weird .cpp, not a .bin. Changing the filename to .bin then trying to unRap it fails for me |: I've tried several de-pbo'ers and unRappers. And the official ARMA 3 ones, but it's just messed up for me. Maybe you/someone could link/message me a clean config.cpp from the Independent pbo? I'd be very grateful.

And yeah, the signing/distribution is no big deal. We don't use signatures for our private server anyways, because we actually trust our members (gasp)!

Edited by mtflaspoler