.kju

All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) - A1/A2/OA terrains from BI in A3

but in all honesty, i guess kju is reliant on all of us as testers, thats a bit asked too much to look through 8 trillion km² of map content before each release and in the end of the day, there is no other mod that i know of so far that receives as frequent and as comprehensive updates as AiA. I think thats a way to look at it too...

In all honesty, Kju is great and all, and all testers, and I love anybody and the sun is shining and the bees and lambs butterflies are around, it's all so great.

But now please let's check if the A3 grass didn't get lost somewhere in the upgrade process. Or if we're maybe blind.

@kju are you sure its a problem on SIX's end with this, because it only happens with this mod, its as if its not even downloading.

...the least you can do...

The people who devote their spare time to modding don't owe you diddly.

The people who devote their spare time to modding don't owe you diddly.

Please don't quote me and edit what I said. The whole sentence was:

@Fabio_Chavez If you are gonna quote someone's question, the least you can do is say something about it.

It is common courtesy when you are communicating with other people. And the people who devote their spare time to modding, do not gain the right to disrespect the rest of us.

When i run the game with this addon i get a warning saying addon 'AiA_BaseConfig_F' requires 'CASounds' before the game launches, any idea whats the problem ?

guys chill, apparently something went wrong when the update was assembled from various new additions that kju got from various sources and people.

right now, some appartment buildings are floating/sunken from SMD sahrani, but rest assured, thats not a symptom that the end of the world is imminent, please keep calm and play takistan meanwhile or just try to ignore the bug. :}

Also the updated grass is not in chernarus, something went wrong, its beeing investigated, work is beeing done, problem is minor probably and will eventually be fixed in the next update, you have been running around on old a** chernarus grass for 5 years now, maybe you will survive a few more days :}

By the way i am not an official spokesperson for this mod, therefore please do not assume that i can give you definite answers on anything, i just casually participate in this thread and try to be a littlebit helpfull and responding to issues that are related to the stuff i made or know about.

I for one, do not agree on some demanding attitude and i can not relive how one would assume that he is entitled to complain about not getting an answer on a bug within 24 hours, though i challenge anyone to find a single thread in the whole of this forum that has a better user support than AiA. :o:

This discussion comes up every once in a while, no big deal, sorry for the inconveniences thank you for your patience. ;)

When i run the game with this addon i get a warning saying addon 'AiA_BaseConfig_F' requires 'CASounds' before the game launches, any idea whats the problem ?

Got the same problem, previous version worked fine at game launch.

I just casually participate in this thread and try to be a littlebit helpfull.

Adding sarcastic remarks on people's feedback is no help.

Hi CiforDayZServer,

Well, I've ALMOST fixed the buildings for use with other terrains, which in turn will break them for SMD_Sahrani_A2, I can get around it for a bit, but the next time I update the terrain I'll have to re-adjust all of them again.

In the screen shot I noticed you stand in the red apartment buildings form Chernarus and wonder if that means you managed to fix the old issue that you can not throw grenades/smoke out from the balconys (or any windows for that matters) since they just bounce back on an invisible wall?

/KC

Adding sarcastic remarks on people's feedback is no help.

Fabio is a contributes to @CUP, AiA implements some of that work, his comments about being a spokesperson for AiA are not sarcastic.

What I think his point was, is that the tone of some of the bug reports in this thread (and others, and I'm NOT pointing the finger at you at all) have been a bit aggressive, and for us as modders, this can quite easily be taken personally.

Further, many modders find the tone taken by many players generally as not very appreciative, and VERY entitled to some sort of customer service... add in any sort of hint at "requirements" for a modder to conduct himself according to as if he were a kid behind the counter at your local fast food establishment, and you're essentially looking to get yelled at whether you realize it or not.

IMO the line between "hey thanks for this" and "WTF! Why is this shitty addon broken?" is getting crossed way too often and way too quickly... and again, this is not directed at YOU specifically.

I think both sides of the fence are frustrated, but keep in mind, us modders are giving up our "play time" for what amounts to a 2nd unpaid job.... that isn't very spiritually or financially rewarding... add to that the pace at which releases are expected... and as a modder, you have about 10 min to enjoy getting your latest work in game, because you have to go work on more content.

Hi CiforDayZServer,

In the screen shot I noticed you stand in the red apartment buildings form Chernarus and wonder if that means you managed to fix the old issue that you can not throw grenades/smoke out from the balconys (or any windows for that matters) since they just bounce back on an invisible wall?

/KC

So, on the apartments, they are 100 percent enterable every floor both sides for ALL of them, the 2 the 4 and the 8 story are fully opened, and grenades work fine off the BACK porches... the front porches on the 2 floor do not currently work, I will fix that eventually. The windows allow bullets to pass through but DO NOT allow grenades to pass through. I also MIGHT fix that.

The buildings in general are NOT well done, there are a decent amount of issues with them, and they need to be redone from the ground up, at which point they will be not only better, but I will have an interesting feature available for mission makers.

Here is a video of the 4 story ones adjusted properly, the 8's are done now, so they all SHOULD swap in to any terrain w/o worry... kju or I will still need to change them slightly to include in his package i/o the smd_buildings package.

I will double check them on all the BI terrains too to make sure they swap in fine everywhere, but it shouldn't be an issue now.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you for fixing the "pond bug!" I can now play on Aliabad with no problems, which is something I've been wanting for a long time!! And with your new sky lighting it looks better then ever!

Maybe im just stupid but I thought those buildings had windows in the stairwells, maybe im wrong?

Maybe im just stupid but I thought those buildings had windows in the stairwells, maybe im wrong?

The BI Panelak2 had porches on the front of the building like the 2 story SMD ones still do. The SMD_panelak2 and SMD_panelak3 have this area blocked off with a closed hallway and solid facade on the front of the building. This is because the 4 and 8 story versions I did are made of the same proxied parts. The intention is to save a LOT of performance by not having the railings, and being able to fully occlude the outside while inside the stairwells. There is a LOT of drawing going on in an 8 story tall stairwell with a railing... so blocking the outside object from drawing is a good "trick" to not have a massive frame drop, you can see in some of my older videos of it (and even still now as it's not fully optimized) there is a frame drop as you round the corners of the stairwell.

These were basically a test/proof of concept to see how tall/enterable of a building you could make... There is apparently no limit (the fps is horrible because I was recording with full settings 12k view distance in 5760x1080 and capturing 1920x1080p)

The buildings are not done up to exacting standards at all, I plan on redoing them entirely, but that project was being put on hold for other projects.

I recommended that they not be included, but since they have been I'm trying to get them fixed enough to work.

EVENTUALLY, when I redo the building, I will likely do 2 versions of each, ones with the front porches/railings, and ones without... but for now... "it is what it is"

Keep in mind the room count changes, which hopefully was the obvious focus/benefit of the buildings:

BI Panelak - 2 apartments

SMD Panelak - 4 apartments

BI Panelak2 - 1 apartment

SMD Panelak2 - 8 apartments + Elevator Shaft to the roof

BI Panelak3 - 0 apartments + Elevator Shaft to the roof

SMD Panelak3 - 16 apartments + Elevator Shaft to the roof

There is ZERO question the buildings need work, so pointing out specific flaws/problems with them is essentially pointless...

IMO kju should do a poll and see if they're wanted, or should make it a toggleable option to swap them in or not.

These are the red headed step children of the SMD Building collection... there are COUNTLESS other buildings by M1lkm8n that are much better to use as 1 for 1 replacements.

@CiforDayZServer Wow that building was insane. Thanks for sharing! But how tall is it?

@CiforDayZServer,

your point on people so quick to get mad and post negative things has seemed to increase, I am still new here but I just don't get it. Everyone is so quick to download a mod but when BI comes up with an update or something happens and it breaks the mod, people act like the maker of that mod went in their computer and broke it on purpose. I for one am thankful for every mod that anyone puts hard work into. This is just my two cent's so everyone take it how you want.

Twiztid

@ seba1976 and MikeTim and Kilo1-1

Unfortunately the grass/clutter change is not in this update

due to a packing problem. It will become available with the next update.

I have adjusted the update news and overview in the first post accordingly.

We are still looking for testers if you want to assist:

https://dev.withsix.com/boards/119/topics/2721

@ CiforDayZServer

Happy to see your progress on this! :)

@ nocturna and Sparfell_19

*Edit*

See post #501 below.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

I'm not sure if this was reported here yet, couldn't find any post about that. The "switch back from an AiA TP terrain crash" has severe consequences on dedicated servers. After we play a mission on TP terrain, the next mission we select crashes the server and all clients while "receiving". To avoid that we must restart the server and all players' clients after each time we play a mission that takes place on one of the TP's terrains.

Thanks kju, I'll add my bit about the dedicated server behavior as a note there.

Thanks kju, I'll add my bit about the dedicated server behavior as a note there.

As have I.

;2777790']@ nocturna and Sparfell_19

Your mod loading order is probably wrong.

You may not use the internal launcher as it seems load A3 before AiA TP.

It seems like BI has changed something on their own as multiple people have this problem now.

Upload your rpt log file to be able to give you reliable response.

See also vagrantauthor report and following responses and information.

Hi' date=' I'm using Arma3sync and AiA TP is the only addon I'm launching.

Here is the rpt file :

http://pastebin.com/b1eihqMS