Sign in to follow this  
nikssims

Lag after few minutes of playing no matter what

---------- Post added at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

When i play arma 2, any mission, scenario or anything. It starts to lag a lot after 10 minutes or so. I use all these cleanup scrips and everything. I have made them so aggressive that they clean up dead bodies, wrecks etc. Every 2 seconds. Despite that the game starts to lag a lot. At the beginning i have +60 fps mid settings. But after 10 mins when iy starts to lag i have like 15fps. And it gets worse if i lower or increase the settings. What could be the problem?

If using 1.63, are you running with -noLogs as a launch parameter? It turns off the error log, which piles up over time and drags on performance. It might help.

I will try that now, thanks. I will inform if it fixes this or no

Ok, i tried to play few times using -noLogs thing. First time when i played i thought that this had worked because the game didnt lag at all for 15 or so mins of intense action. Then 2nd time doing the same mission (flashpoint user mission), it started to lag again so bad that i couldnt even turn my camera anymore. It happened very fast, from 60fps to less than 5fps in just few seconds. And after waiting around 5 mins while it lags, the lag didnt stop. It stayed at >5fps. Restarting mission fixes the lag for another 10 minutes until this all starts again. Tried 3rd time aswell and it started to lag after 10mins as usual.

I have no idea what is causing this. I have no background processes running, no antivirus scans or anything. It must be something with the game

Replace -noLogs with -showScriptErrors. It will reactivate the error log and you'll have a black panel displaying errors on screen as they occur.

Go to the Arma2OA error log and clear the report. Arma2OA.rpt can be found at C:\users\<username>\appdata\local\Arma2OA file. When you play the game again a new report will generate.

Pay particular attention to errors displaying when the lag kicks in. It could be that some loop that kicks in on a certain event is spewing errors at an incredible rate. Then exit the mission and check the ArmaOA.rpt log to see if that's what the situation is.

Its probably that flashpoint mission. I tried it once and it lagged like hell. Try to play vanilla missions or campaigns and see if ti laggs too.

Replace -noLogs with -showScriptErrors. It will reactivate the error log and you'll have a black panel displaying errors on screen as they occur.

Go to the Arma2OA error log and clear the report. Arma2OA.rpt can be found at C:\users\<username>\appdata\local\Arma2OA file. When you play the game again a new report will generate.

Pay particular attention to errors displaying when the lag kicks in. It could be that some loop that kicks in on a certain event is spewing errors at an incredible rate. Then exit the mission and check the ArmaOA.rpt log to see if that's what the situation is.

Ok, i did that. But i didnt saw any black panels while playing the game except once at the very beginning, just right after the loading screen. The log i cleared just before starting the game, did produce 556 lines of code. I played for about 15 mins. This time it started to lag a lot very fast, around 5 minutes after starting to play. I can post the log if you want, but as far as i can tell, it contains a lot of lines about some sound files that it cant find.

I forgot to add that i am using few mods, like ACE, Frenchpoints, BW and some smaller ones. I have used much more in past but it didnt lag like it does now. So i think mods are not to blame here, but im not sure.

Its probably that flashpoint mission. I tried it once and it lagged like hell. Try to play vanilla missions or campaigns and see if ti laggs too.

I tried to play the Harvest Red campaign now. Everything run smooth until some 3rd mission, where the team sits on a cliff overlooking a town, while US forces land on the shores. It started to lag there too. But it still run at some 18fps or so, playable but annoying.

But as i said, the flash-point mission runs fine at the beginning, even when i set it to have 10 squads at each faction, it doesn't lag. The lag kicks in after 5-10 minutes of playing. At first i thought it might be the dead bodies or the car wrecks. Then i installed the cleanup script in the mission. The bodies and wrecks do clean up now every 2 seconds, but it didn't affect the lag.

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 ----------

Also this could be unrelated, but in editor i can place even up to 250 empty cars on the map and the fps doesnt drop at all. But as soon as i place over 30 cars with AI or people in them, the game starts to produce massive lag. Could this be issue with ace AI (or CPU ? ) ?

The sound errors are common ones, and it seems clear looping errors aren't the culprit or your log would be filled with a lot more than the common sound errors. There has to be another cause but I don't know where it would lie.

I would also like to know the culprit, because I seem to be experiencing the same problems! Even to the point where soldiers don't die after I shoot them - they just freeze, and then play the animation after like 5 seconds (mostly in script-heavy missions or campaign).

Hitting Shift + minus during the game and typing flush helped me regain 5 FPS from time to time though.

Could you please explain a bit deeper how to run the flush command? Also, i unpacked the mission file ( i suppose it works with any mission), with pbo unpacker and i placed the unpacked folder in documents/arma 2 mission folder. And in game i loaded the mission through editor. That seems to gain a huge boost to fps too. I can play 30 mins without any lag in heavy action now.

Its simple you press "Shift" and "-" (minus button on your numeric keyboard) simultaneously, and then you just type "flush". just type it. I use it when my game blackout´s.