Sign in to follow this  
burdy

[COOP 1-51] [UNSUNG] Tour of Duty : Lowlands

Tour of Duty : Lowlands

---Pictures needed! Submit some from your play sessions to help fill the ackward gap! :) ---

MODS NEEDED

1)UNSUNG 2.6

2)CBA

OPTIONAL : ACRE

OVERVIEW

An open world type COOP Mission for UNSUNG that encourages realistic era based tactics where the players have to coordinate together and patrol two separate zones looking for both a rouge South Vietnamese soldier and a VC civilian. The players will have many assets available to them for completing these tasks, such as Helicopters, Jets, Artillery, FOB's, and more. Some people at this point will be asking how any of this promotes "Vietnam era" style gameplay? Well, using UPSMON and a few other AI based scripts I have created a mission that spawns enemies at random in a 2500 by 2500 zone. In order to eliminate all of the targets, coordination and patrolling are a MUST. Some missions you'll walk through the jungle without a hint of combat, other times you will be getting overran left and right. This leads to an immersive and very enjoyable experience.

FEATURES

*Commander spawned FOB's

*Loadout saving

*Dynamic engagements that change as you play

*AI Recruitment

*Enjoyable gameplay even with low player counts (Most playthroughs were ran with as little as 6 people)

*UNS Firesupport + Heli extraction

*Vietnam Style Music (Think Battlefield Vietnam) // Only available on the missions with Music enabled

*Time Acceleration (Day + Night)

*A few more that I am blanking on at the moment

NOTES

*SAVE YOUR LOADOUT EVERY RESPAWN!! If you do not, your next spawn will be without the gear you spent so long setting up.

*Sometimes you will spawn without a weapon. This is because you did not spawn with your loadout and due to a bug within the mod, UNSUNG characters do not spawn with there class and rather an M4 + NVG - a script will remove these, leaving you with just a grenade :) .

*It is recommended that a player takes the "Platoon Commander" slot at the start of the mission to spawn in a FOB (accessible by the radio menu). FOB's are placed in the zones and can be used as mobile spawn/resupply/recruitment points. Be sure to keep them safe!

*I am a pretty infant scripter. There is a GREAT possibility that some of my scripts will not work as planned. If you notice anything odd, please report by PM'ing or replying to the thread.

*This mission has only been tested with player counts of up too 10 (using AI recruitment of course). I can not guarantee that this mission will be stable over 15 slots (especially if friendly AI is in use), so please report back if anything goes wrong with larger player counts!

*More versions on seperate maps are planned! S.E.A will most likely be coming within the next few days/weeks.

KNOWN ISSUES

*Music can be finicky. Not much I can do about that

*Sometimes while the mission is initializing the AI, an objective will be completed (due to one of the objectives presumably dieing). If this is the case, you can either take it as it is, or reset. From our tests, taking it as it is does NOT take away that much time from the already long mission :)

*The ending trigger can be finicky. If all of the TASKS are complete, the mission is over

Version History

Initial Release

DOWNLOAD

NOMUSIC EDITION 1.40

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26589

MUSIC EDITION 1.40

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ldn5st

(NOTE - The music edition is so massive due to the tracks. if your having organized play with friends/clan mates I recommend this version due too the extra immersion that music adds. If that isn't important too you or your hosting public play, I recommend going with the no music edition.)

CREDITS

GEQQU - For helping me create a music script and giving me some pointers on general scripting

BON - His "recruit units" script and "vehicledrivercheck" script

CELERY - His cly_removedead script

UNSUNG TEAM - There mod and modules... Plus a few scripts from the evo mission

WOLFFY - His "crB_teleport" script

ENGIMA - His "DynamicWeatherEffects" script

GENERALCARVER - His "Settings" script

MONSADA - His "UPSMON" script

Changelog

*Redid whole framework to make mission more Serverside based and more JIP + MP Friendly (hence the week long delay of the update)

*Tweaked Daynight Cycle - now 30 min Day 30 min Night

*Fixed many bugs including JIP oriented bugs and FOB spawning issues

*Tweaked number of enemies, added respawn for some enemy AI

*Added AI Artillery

*Added Demonized "AISoldierFlare 1.3" Script

*Added MHQ in the form of an APC that respawns

*Added parameters to the mission so instead of three separate versions, only one now

*Removed napalm dropping Planes + Helicopters. Caused ArmA 2 fire bug when JIP

*Added the ability to recruit AI outside of the FOB via APC (recruiting inside the fob leads to them not being able to leave - so only use recruiting at the inside flagpole for defending!)

*Fixed Outposts wrongly displaying when they have and haven't been overran

*Fixed "Settings" action - now works properly

_____

DEMONIZED - His "AI Shoot Flares" script

Edited by Burdy

Updated post with Armaholic link.

awesome! gj man

Thanks man. Any chance this could be placed on one of the XTRA servers for playtesting?

Play tested last night - Ran into some pretty big issues with JIP and MP in general (as scripts tend to be clientside + triggers, you get a whole array of issues when bringing it too MP without the proper codes in place) . A big update fixing most MP issues with syncing will be coming out later today/tomorrow. I recommend waiting too V1.32 is out for playing this mission online (SP should work fine, however.

1.40 is out! Be sure too update as this adds a lot and changes a lot.

New versions are on the way as well. Using Lowlands as the Framework so porting should only be a copy and paste job (in theory) :)

What is SEA?

Because I'm unable to play this mission and others marked SEA in Unsung...

Its weird because I'm able to play other types of mission, i.e. I have ACR, CBA & Unsung installed.

SEA is a map mate, included with unsung 2.5 and 2.6 and probably goes way back. it was made by csj and it's called csj_SEA

it stands for South East Asia

I'm guessing this mission isn't being updated any more, but the non-ACRE version mirror is broken and the only version obtainable requires an unknown out-of-date version of ACRE to even launch. I'm going to have a buddy try to tear it apart and removed the ACRE requirements when he gets a chance, so we can play it in-house, but I figured I'd drop a line here in case the author is still interested in the mission.

Some of us won't even think about buying ArmA 3 until Unsung 3.0 is released for it so we're still playing good old 2.6 on ArmA 2 until then. :cool:

Any luck on a non ACRE version? Me and my buddy plan on running this mission and we usually don't use ACRE when it's just the two of us.