Sign in to follow this  
Winterboer

DataDatacachepreprocessor.exe Malfunction (DLC)

I understand this problem has been encountered before by steam users, but I've tried all the solutions I could find on the web and none of them have worked. Verifying the game files, running them as an administrator, even replacing the existing datacachepreprocessor.exe file in the PMC DLC with one from BAF.

What happens is this: I have Arma II, Operation Arrowhead, British Armed Forces, and Private Military Company on Steam. The latter two always refuse to run. What I get first is a error message that the program "may not have installed correctly". I get an option to reinstall. If I cancel the error message or attempt to proceed anyway, I always get an administrator request for the file "datacachepreprocessor.exe" to make changes to my hard drive.

It doesn't matter how many times I keep clicking "YES", the request pops up indefinitely. If I finally cancel it, Steam mentions the game has failed to load.

As I've said, I'm at my wit's end with this thing and have tried all the solutions I've researched before. None of them were successful. Even reinstalled both BAF and PMC twice using recommended settings and without, still the same issue. Anybody help?

Been searching the forums for a day and a half now. Nobody else seems to have had this problem in the past, but if it's been brought up before kindly post a link here.

Thanks!

Edit: As per above, this seems to be the most common fix. Tried it, zip:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?112152-PMC-installation-error-CRC-problem-with-structures_pmc-pbo

Edited by Winterboer

I had problem with ACR DLC solution was: run STEAM as ADMINISTRATOR. Might help with your issue. :confused:

Just tried it again. Nope.

Running Steam as Admin yields the exact same results as before.