Sign in to follow this  
cj525

Hindu Kush, Korengal Valley

would you be interested in seeing this island  

6 members have voted

1. 1. would you be interested in seeing this island

• Yes, very interested.
    • not interested.

I've been throwing the idea of building a non Vietnam island for a while, and have come up with the Korengal valley and surrounding area. This valley is in the Hindu Kush, and will include the neighboring Valley where Seal team 10 and the Sheppards met. I've noticed that others have made up the KOP, Restrepo and missions that took place but lacked the actual terrain. If there is any interest in helping with this island, placing the vills, roads etc or making missions to move it along let me know, my time nowadays is limited I can do everything but it might not see the light for a while. Or I might just move it to A3, if there is any interest for A2 I would like to hear it. the island is currently in V3 with just initial sat and mask.

Here is the DEM in V3. map size 1024 x 1024 x 40

<a  href=V3layout.jpg' alt='V3layout.jpg'>

In game map section of Korengal Valley area

KorengalValleyingamemap.jpg

Initial look of Sawtalo Sar summit area.

SawtaloSar.jpg

Edited by cj525
update

Always interested in seeing new island :)

Even if i'd prefer a native a3 support . ( or working well with aia )

I'm thinking of moving it to A3. Gives me a reason to save my pennies and grab the game.

I think a arma 3 version would be great, there are no real good Afghanistan maps.

Also, arma 3 has high quality trees that would suit Afghanistan quite well, and certain types of foliage and rocks that would really enhance it.

You would have to use arma 2 buildings probably.

Search up arma 3 aia terrain pack, I'd you make that a requirement, you could eve use arma 1 / arma 2 objects as well.

(It allows you to use arma 1 and arma2 maps in arma 3)

I think it's a great idea, I'd you want more info pm me

go for a3 map that also uses (prefereably updated) a2 data, then you could release 2 versions, one standalone and one lean vearsion that requires aia tp to run.

Definitely would like to see this map! I think Arma 3 will be playable soon(ish), and it's finally getting some quality content so people will start to move on to that eventually. Arma 3 is where I think the majority of the player base will be in a year or so. Anyway, good luck!

Looks good.

I hope you release this for A2, not everyone wants to play A3, even though we have it.

A3 for some is just not the same series. However as said, would love to see this come to A2, pics look great. :)