Thanks for the Canadian patches bud! They look amazing!!! For the next update could you include...

Sure thing, got them saved and still have a few more that will be in the update as well. ;)

i am happy to see my custom patch ! it looks better than expected.

Anytime, glad you liked it.

Hi Siege-A, many thanks for the update, the French patches and especially including the patch that i specially requested! You' ve done a great job man.

In a future update i would be very happy if you could add patches for the following French units:

Armée de Terre:

1er RPIMa, 3ème RPIMa, 21ème RIMa, 92ème RI, 1er RHP, 27ème BCA, 17ème RGP

Armée de l' Air:

CPA10, CPA20, CPA30

Marine nationale:

Commando Hubert, Commando Jaubert, Commando Trepel, Commando Monfort, Commando Penfentenyo, Commando Kieffer

Légion étrangère:

1er REC, 2ème REP

Yeah i know, that' s a lot, i' m of course not asking you to add at least one patch from every unit or anything like that, I' m only suggesting you some units from whom i think that it would be cool to have patches of, if you find some that you' d like to recreate. Or maybe you prefer if i submit direct requests for specific patches, with a picture of the patch?

Oh and something completely unrelated, any chance to see a CCT patch in the ID category?

Anyway thanks again for this great pack man.

Siege-A, I really like your mod and the effort you put into it!

I have one question though, is there any way to get @STKR_BI StalkerGB's British Infantry mod, compatable with the use of your mod?

As it doesn't show them now.

Again, many thanks for your effort!

I have one question though, is there any way to get @STKR_BI StalkerGB's British Infantry mod, compatable with the use of your mod?

Probably a question that is better aimed at StalkerGB in the relevant thread, as its his pack that would require the work to include compatibility with the insignias (as I think it pre-dates the inclusion of insignias in the game, but could be wrong).

Sorry guys, I've been extremely busy with work so haven't had time to touch A3 in about a week now. But everything is back on track now.

Hi Siege-A, many thanks for the update, the French patches and especially including the patch that i specially requested! You' ve done a great job man.

In a future update i would be very happy if you could add patches for the following French units...

Yes, I will try to include as many of them as I can, and I also still have many more French patches that didn't make it in the last update. Just keep in mind, I have to create patches based off of what references I can find, so if none of the units you mentioned have any images of their patches, then there's nothing I can do with them. I will dig around and see what I can find, and if possible, try to PM me some images of the patches you want (that would make it a ton easier from my end). And glad you liked the update. ;)

Sorry, just as Jackal said, you would need to direct that question to StalkerGB, since it is a compatibility issue with his own mod. He hasn't coded the units to use insignias, which is why they won't display.

Thought I'd pop in and say that this mod is well done and adds quite some content, took a while to check through it all in the VA!

Love a lot of it, can't wait to use it with friends and such. Great job, man. I was wondering if you've seen the "Death From Above" patch from Andrew Bawidamann? It's a patch I use personally this guy made and would love to know if I could ever see it in Arma? I did notice you had other pinup patches he helped design as well, which was cool.

http://puu.sh/hMzV0/9b0e6e8b90.jpg (321 kB)

Thought I'd pop in and say that this mod is well done and adds quite some content, took a while to check through it all in the VA!

Love a lot of it, can't wait to use it with friends and such. Great job, man. I was wondering if you've seen the "Death From Above" patch from Andrew Bawidamann? It's a patch I use personally this guy made and would love to know if I could ever see it in Arma? I did notice you had other pinup patches he helped design as well, which was cool.

Thanks for the positive feedback, Snowball. And yes, I am familiar with Bawidamann, probably some of my favorite patches I've seen. As for the 'Death From Above' patch, I do have a few different versions of that one saved which hadn't been added yet, as well as some others from that same author. I will gladly add in the ones I have, as well as the version you posted, for the next coming update. And I have a special treat in store for this next update which I'm sure everyone will appreciate (which is the main reason this update is taking so long): HD-quality patches. I am revising the entire pack and upgrading all previous patches with much higher quality. But don't worry, I'm not waiting until all 1570 are upgraded before I release the update. Instead, I will be updating the old patches a bit at a time, while still releasing new patches, to keep things moving forward. I will say, I believe everyone will be very pleased with the results of the new quality, which is easily 10x better than before. :cool:

Here's a little preview of some of the upgraded HD patches, so everyone can see the difference in quality. Smaller images are the old patches, larger images the newer ones.

Before_After_zps8rgqp7id.png

Thanks for the positive feedback, Snowball. And yes, I am familiar with Bawidamann, probably some of my favorite patches I've seen. As for the 'Death From Above' patch, I do have a few different versions of that one saved which hadn't been added yet, as well as some others from that same author. I will gladly add in the ones I have, as well as the version you posted, for the next coming update. And I have a special treat in store for this next update which I'm sure everyone will appreciate (which is the main reason this update is taking so long): HD-quality patches. I am revising the entire pack and upgrading all previous patches with much higher quality. But don't worry, I'm not waiting until all 1570 are upgraded before I release the update. Instead, I will be updating the old patches a bit at a time, while still releasing new patches, to keep things moving forward. I will say, I believe everyone will be very pleased with the results of the new quality, which is easily 10x better than before. :cool:

Here's a little preview of some of the upgraded HD patches, so everyone can see the difference in quality. Smaller images are the old patches, larger images the newer ones.

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af59/XxSiegeAxX/UNS%20Patches%20and%20Insignias/Before_After_zps8rgqp7id.png

Well you have an steady hand! :). nice work doc.

That sounds brilliant, can't wait to see them in all their HD glory! Good luck, man.

Is it just me or are insignias and patches broken again in the arsenal?

Is it just me or are insignias and patches broken again in the arsenal?

Not that I know of. I'm using v1.44 and all insignias and patches are displaying just the way they should. Please do be sure and check the game with no mods loaded, except maybe a single patch mod, and see if you still have issues.

sorry to be a pain, but I cant seem to get this great looking mod to work. Do I add the line of code to the mission player init part? when I do that nothing shows up in VA. a step-by-step on how to install would be great for those of us not very pc litterate.....cheers

sorry to be a pain, but I cant seem to get this great looking mod to work. Do I add the line of code to the mission player init part? when I do that nothing shows up in VA. a step-by-step on how to install would be great for those of us not very pc litterate.....cheers

No pain at all, but unfortunately the only installation instructions that I can provide you with are the manual installation steps that I use myself, and these steps aren't really for people that aren't PC literate. This simply involves installing the addon folder to the A3 directory on your hard drive, and then modifying your A3 shortcut startup parameters. I'll give a quick rundown if it helps, but if you still have trouble, I would advise asking around the community or doing a bit of research on how to install mods for A3, as this one is done the same as any other mod you download and install.

1. Download the file from Armaholic.

2. Extract its contents to your root A3 directory on your HD. The folder extracted should be labeled '@USP_Patches'.

3. Now create a shortcut for the arma3.exe

4. Right-click on the shortcut you just created and click on 'Properties'.

5. Add this to the end of the target field: -mod=@USP_Patches;

6. Launch the game using the shortcut you modified.

If you wanted to run multiple mods using this method, you can simply add them to the target line, as described in Step #5, ex: -mod=@CBA_A3;@USP_Patches;@RHSUSF;@RHSAFRF;@DragonFyre;

The line of code for adding insignias to a unit, are meant to be used in the units init field, just as you had said. You need to swap out the classname for the actual patch you would like to use. Once you are in VA, you should be able to click on the last tab, which is for insignias, and you will see the full listing of patches. Sorry if this isn't exactly the method you were looking for, but it's the way I do it, and gives me more freedom to operate A3 the way I please. Hope it helps, and feel free to message me if you encounter any problems with what I have described. If it still seems like too much for you, there are easier methods of installing addons that can be explained on the download pages for armaholic.

Edited by Siege-A

Really hoping this project is still alive, assuming it is any chance you can add this patch in:

Yes, this project is still alive, even though it's been slow getting this next update out. I've been working on several other projects as well, and busy with RL, so it's coming along...just a bit slower than I had hoped. But no worries, I will add in the patch you referenced. I've really been looking to make a release of some of my other projects at the same time I update this one, so that's the big reason for holding out so long. Rest assured, alot more patches on the way. ;)

BTW, very nice quality patch, thx. Will look great in the new HD resolution.

UnderSiege Patches & Insignias v1.4, released. 770 New patches added, 2260 Total. First post updated.

As always, please use DropBox link until others have been updated. Enjoy.  ;)

USP%20Patches%20amp%20Insignias%20v1.40_

I looked through the class list in hopes of finding patches for countries like in your World Markers addon but didn't find them. Do you plan to add all the national flags to your set as patches and insignias as well?

I looked through the class list in hopes of finding patches for countries like in your World Markers addon but didn't find them. Do you plan to add all the national flags to your set as patches and insignias as well?

For the most part, I have been just adding in new flag patches once a country has received its own addon. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and start including more of them, so I will see what I can do by the next update. Feel free to let me know if there are any in particular that you are looking for, so they can be included if I don't get around to doing all countries by the update.

I would be most excited to have Oceania. Especially Indonesia, it's military roundels and associated flags of dispute like the Morning Star flag, Maluku separatists, Islamic state of Indonesia and the rest. Thank you very much.

Tanoa? south pacific?

is time for indonesian Kopassus special forces

image093.gif

Hi, havnt downloaded yet. Just checking. I see there is a 0311 USMC rifleman patch. Is it safe to say there are all the others, 0331, 0351 etc. Cheers, looks cool.