Sign in to follow this  
toysoldier

Effects

Arma looks so great with ultra settings, so i dont understand why arma looks bad by effects like fire, explosions and smoke. That looks for my like from 2 different games... :d:

The smoke from burning vehicles actually looks much more realistic when the right amount of wind is blowing it, you can really tell the difference from other games. But on some other effects to a certain degree, i agree with you.

Yes the burning smoke and the new destroyed vehicle texture (1.24) looks much better than before, but the smoke from explosions or the smoke grenade. And why make hand grenades no hits on the ground?

It's also the environmental effectsb like dust being blown, etc that'd help bring the place that all this action happensto life more.

Yea current version is rather obsolete now, a more stable and improved version is in the works and should be released very soon.

I'm happy with the fire and smoke, I just wish there was a setting to make them not disappear so quickly, big immersion killer for me when the raging fire of a recently destroyed vehicle just 'stops'... Whinge moan :)

It's also the environmental effectsb like dust being blown, etc that'd help bring the place that all this action happensto life more.

Yeah I miss that effect module too. Though not sure how realistic dust waves on the ground are in a Greece environment, it's not like an Afghan desert map where you expect dust clouds/storms.

I'm happy with the fire and smoke, I just wish there was a setting to make them not disappear so quickly, big immersion killer for me when the raging fire of a recently destroyed vehicle just 'stops'... Whinge moan :)

I wish fire would slowly bleed off the fuel value, with the fire getting smaller the less fuel there is with some smoke still coming from the wreck after the fire burnt out for a while. And a big fire in the beginning with some small explosions for the ammo.

Hope you realise your great work on steam workshop (new version).

It will only be on Armaholic.