Sign in to follow this  
nichevo

[SP/CO 5] High Risk Warrant

It’s a dark stormy night and a band of killers are on the loose. As the local police force it’s up to you to stop them. Playable solo or with a small team cooperatively.

This mission is very simple and straightforward, but highly re-playable. Perfect when you’re short on time or patience.

Please note: The difficulty of this mission depends a lot on the AI skill you’re using. Adjust your difficulty settings accordingly!

High_Risk_Warrant_002.jpg

Mission Features

• Requires no addons.
  • Join-in-progress compatible.
  • The mission takes place in one of 28 random locations across Stratis, from larger towns to military bases to lonely shacks and ruins.
  • Enemy and civilian AI have been enhanced with scripts to make better use of indoor areas.
  • Enemy AI is set to high skill (though this depends on your difficulty settings). It has also been scripted to be more aggressive. Be very careful.
  • Uses Virtual Arsenal for gear selection. Gear selection is limited: you’re the police, not the military.
  • Feel like an extra challenge? Try to complete the optional objectives. Can you beat the mission with pistols only, or without night-vision?
  • In multiplayer, you can tweak various mission parameters, including enemy skill and quantity, how many respawns to allow, the time of day and whether to play a random location or choose one in particular.

Download

Edited by nichevo
added Armaholic mirror

So, how do I use the VA? I played the mission and I had no gear, no gun, no NVG's.

That is because of dev build, it is broken there. But there is an easy workaround (post #5): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181285-Arsenal-not-working-in-Dev

But I think it is unnecessary, you should just give the people pistols with some ammo and a flashlight, the latter is important if you want to go without NV, as it is completely pitchdark.

And in the one time that I played it, I only had a single opponent, is that correct? And in the briefing, I could have gotten the rifles from the other teammates that are default AAF riflemen, probably because the equipment script is initialized too late for the briefing screen, so it would be better to write the equipment stuff directly into the units' init boxes, if you want to make sure that the player has no access to assault rifles, vests, helmets etc.

And in the one time that I played it, I only had a single opponent, is that correct?

This is correct. There are a random amount, always at least one. In multiplayer one has a bit more control over how many enemies there are.

This mission was a bit of an experiment in low-quantity, high-quality enemies. It turned out to be hit-and-miss. Sometimes the AI can really surprise you, but sometimes they'll just act stupid. The curse of ArmA's AI and AI in general I guess. :shrug:

And in the briefing, I could have gotten the rifles from the other teammates that are default AAF riflemen, probably because the equipment script is initialized too late for the briefing screen, so it would be better to write the equipment stuff directly into the units' init boxes, if you want to make sure that the player has no access to assault rifles, vests, helmets etc.

Ah, that's educational, thank you. I think that even if you stole their guns you'd end up unarmed at the start. Probably.

I had a lot of trouble getting this mission to work multiplayer, especially with JIP. IMO things are slowly getting easier and better documented since the dark days of earlier ArmA games. But there's so many "tricks" to learn and remember, and worst of all testing can be a massive chore. My next mission will almost certainly be single-player. (Ahem, excuse my mini-rant there.)

I think that even if you stole their guns you'd end up unarmed at the start. Probably.
well, that could also be, as I said, I "could" have taken it but didn't try, so that was just a guess.