Sign in to follow this  
thinkr

We Need another Helicopter for TAKE ON! Comon Bohemia!!!

We Need another Helicopter for TAKE ON! Comon Bohemia!!!

Who's with me?

We need it fully integrated in A3, with none of the dumbing down that came in TOH patch 1.05. Hopefully it will come with the Helicopters DLC for A3.

We don't need new helicopters!

We need new flight models!

There are dozens of helicopters in Arma 2 or 3, and in mods, that can be used. The issue is realism...

Hopefully it will come with the Helicopters DLC for A3.

From what I know not even all of the TOH flight models features will be included into Arma 3. We can still hope however...

From what I'm told the extent of the implementation in A3 is actually pretty comprehensive! The lack of vortex ring state (VRS) still stands out, but then again VRS didn't make it into the supposed-to-be-helo-centric game to begin with...

From what I'm told the extent of the implementation in A3 is actually pretty comprehensive! The lack of vortex ring state (VRS) still stands out, but then again VRS didn't make it into the supposed-to-be-helo-centric game to begin with...

That's good enough for me.

This surely must be a coincidende but just today on the development branch an update was provided which adds the necessary RotorLib simulation into A3 which is used in TOH; however they say it needs to be enabled separately and may not work correctly with SP/MP scenarios. Read for yourself: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2746362&viewfull=1#post2746362

Nah, that was announced well ahead when the Helicopters DLC was announced and its initial delivery to Arma 3's dev branch has been planned for some time now. Someone else's description of the implementation: "I would not call it a sim, but it's a huge step up from what we had before."

Well we won't know much until three months have passed.

Two for the release and one, at least, for bugs to be fixed.

That is because when an update or a DLC comes up for Arma 3 the Troubleshooting sub-forum is full of new threads...

what we finally and really need are working wheels for wheeled helos. Its annying that Helos still tip over if one tries to taxi.

EDIT:

nevermind, I havent known that the "rolling wheels" are part of the advanced Flight Model. So I deeply hope that this Option will become part of the Standart Flightmodel as well as it would make at least the same sense as it does for the AFM.

/EDIT

Edited by MemphisBelle