Sign in to follow this  
Richards.D

MRAP MaxxPro Modification - Release

RichardsLogo.png

The Navistar MaxxPro MRAP Modification

Hello:

After quite a bit of on and off work, and a ton of tweaking I am satisfied enough to push out the initial release of the long awaited MRAP MaxxPro addon for Arma 3. This is based upon Naman's old model for Arma 2, except there have been major changes. The hood is now the correct style from the Workstar series of vehicles as opposed to the Durastar series used previously. Many parts have been modeled from scratch including a brand new interior, and many new exterior components.

1. Background

Navistar, the military division of International currently produces the MRAP MaxxPro, a Category or Class One MRAP. Compared with eariler deployed vehicles such as the HMMWV, the massive ground clearance and V Shaped Hull on the MaxxPro provides undoubtedly superior protection against threats such as IEDs. The MRAP MaxxPro is one of the highest produced MRAPs in use by the US Armed Forces with almost 10,000 units currently produced and used in the harsh environments of Afghanistan and Iraq.

2. Features and Variants

Like any A3 modification, this vehicle features all standard features you would expect such as:

• Proper Phys-x and suspension
  • PIP Mirrors
  • Kinetic driver animation
  • A3 Lighting

This initial release includes four basic variants. In the future when time allows I plan to release an additional logistics centered variant with many other, very obscure variants.

• MRAP MaxxPro Dash (M2)
  • MRAP MaxxPro Dash (MK19)
  • MRAP MaxxPro Dash DXM (M2)
  • MRAP MaxxPro Plus (M2)

3. Credits

The original model is from Naman on the forums, although it has been heavily modified by myself. Bohemia interactive for much of the content used in various places such as random switches, shocks and so forth. Finally I would like to thank Aplion for his original Model.CFG for which this is a modification of.

4. Known Issues

5. Changelog

v0.5 - Release

v0.6 - Red Tracers Added, Phys-X should function in a more logical manner

v0.7 - Tachometer Fixed, Weapon Zero Added, Deployment Variant added

6. Screenshots

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/arma3%202014-08-02%2000-19-45-04.png (1417 kB)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/arma3%202014-08-02%2000-20-19-22.png (725 kB)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/arma3%202014-08-02%2000-27-36-50.png (1792 kB)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/arma3%202014-08-02%2011-27-03-38.png (1923 kB)

7. License

Licensed under the Arma Public License.

Licence_APL.png

8. Download Links

Mega CO NZ:

https://mega.co.nz/#!gBYz0Bya!aC3xoD7sVZ-c9kg1tc_3m6-I7jSRy_0dLaLA4YReuLo

Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26446

Thank you all!

Richards

Edited by RichardsD
Added V0.7

Sexy man, I like it!

I think I'm gonna go play with it now. I'll let you know if I encounter any issues.

Nice. Testing as we speak.

I noticed something, the interior ( sitting as a passenger in first person ) of the MRAP is causing a massive, massive framerate drop. Something like 20 FPS or so.

Testing was done on the Virtual Map with noting else than the MRAP.

Nice. Testing as we speak.

I noticed something, the interior ( sitting as a passenger in first person ) of the MRAP is causing a massive, massive framerate drop. Something like 20 FPS or so.

Testing was done on the Virtual Map with noting else than the MRAP.

It's probably PiP.

What's I've noticed is that it's a hell of a bitch to turn, very slow, I'm not sure how it is IRL but it's a pain to turn.

Yeah the handling is what id imagine trying to drive a bin is like. They also tend to drift a little if you try to turn a high a speed. Being able to zero the guns would be a nice feature to have , or some type of optic with range markings.

Seems the wheels are made out of some out of this world material. Ive put 3 rpgs , 2 mags of 50 cal into them and they dont seem to be damaged. The engines blow before the tires. And the engine carried on working normally whilst still in a "red" state.

Tested against AT Mines and Slams. Again, they do not do any damage to anything apart from the engine.

Edited by soldierman

Good job! They are a nice addition to the game.

I had a little issue though, is that it seems to have some clipping problem. Basically I can drive through some buildings without crashing against them, as if they were made of paper.

What's I've noticed is that it's a hell of a bitch to turn, very slow, I'm not sure how it is IRL but it's a pain to turn.

It feels really heavy in the game, as I guess it may be in RL. After all it's a superoverweighted truck.

Although I also felt that sometimes it slides. So that could cause also problems when turning.

Edited by MistyRonin

Hey everyone, thanks for the early feedback.

As for turning, I may increase it, however I would assume this 20+ ton vehicle must really be a very stiff vehicle to turn. Braking seems to lock too quickly, if anyone knows how to increase braking force w/o locking the wheels, please drop a message here.

As for PIP, should I reduce the mirrors? The FPS does drop quite a bit.. if anyone knows just post it.

As for PIP, should I reduce the mirrors? The FPS does drop quite a bit.. if anyone knows just post it.

I don't have a NASA PC and in my game works fine, I have not noticed any FPS drop ( that for instance I have experienced with the vanilla hatchback PiP ).

Yeah, if anyone has that I think it may be due to the fact there are four mirrors used in the 1st person. Although... the third mirror mounted on the right side of the hood is not visible, so perhaps I will delete it since you simply cannot see it due to the obscured A Pillars that are massive on the MaxxPro.

Awesome. :) Just yesterday I was talking with a clan mate about your MRAP and that we were eagerly waiting for your release. :)

maybe add some lights to turn on when the rear door is open... I love that addition of the rear door! will be giving a thorough insurgency style testing today!

Wheeling looks broken, it keep sliding and can't control. also no zeus compatibility :(

Hello:

For Zeus, I'll take a look at that at the end of the week when I'm back and see what I can do to get Zeus support.

As for traction, if anyone has a very good friction vs. slip graph, please post it and I'll try it out.

Richards

Wheeling looks broken, it keep sliding and can't control.

I have this issue too. Mrap behaves very strangly. In fact whole car physics is strange. It's impossible to stop a car from hill, it's sliding on surface like ski. When I drive something over then car is almost flying in air. (small weight?)

@RichardsD

The turning radius seems fairly big and the responsiveness is slow. If that could be tweaked, that'd be awesome since this particular MRAP was bought because of it's small turn radius in comparison to say the Cougar.

Another thing: I've tested this on Stratis, just outside camp Maxwell and found the MRAP to just slide downhill and have no adherence to the terrain whatsoever. PhysX might be to blame here rather than the actual values on the model, I strongly suggest looking into it.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

A few things ive noticed

-HARD TO TURN

-the reload bit for the M2 is missing a part

-the armor on the plus disappears before 100 meters

Throwing the following cfg error, Just doublechecked it:

config.bin/CfgVehicles/Car_F/Turret/ViewOptics.primaryObserver