CSAR version of the A-10

a10_csar_zps243d12df.jpg

Heavy CAS version

a10_cas_zps533f186c.jpg

Examining the inside of the F-35/A bomb bays

f35_bays-1_zps8e2ef592.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

i'm having fun trying to get the bays to open only when a munition on one of those pylons is fired... no wonder BIS didn't bother animating it.

with 8x racks of SDB's in there and all sorts, it's bloody hard to calculate.

ok A10 variants completed

- seeking skins for it

- adding pickle's sounds

in progress:

- ah1 skins

- polish up F35 bays, add B variants

- add new models (UPPK, BRU57, atakax6)

next up:

- AV8B

- Su34

- Mi24

ok pickles sounds added to all aircraft done to date, including radiochatter...

now, late to the party but definitely worth a punt:

AH-6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MH-6_Little_Bird#Specifications_.28MH-6.29

variants could include mixture of:

2x 2 TOW

2x 2 AGM114

2x 2 Stinger

2x LAU68 hydra (7 each)

2x 50 cal GAU19 MG

2x 7.62 GAU2 minigun

1x 30mm M230 chain gun

1x Mk19 GMG

yeah i did already thanks man - waiting on a reply.

ka_csar-1_zps6014a21d.jpg

ok work-to-date has been released here as patch to Rangemaster

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181303-BAFX-and-Rangemaster-mod-packs-released

enjoy!

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

taking the su25 multi-role out for some african convoy huntin

su251_zpsb9b452c4.jpg

we've come a LOOOONG way from this

and

glad you like it man. if you need any input on the mig15 update, let me know - we overhauled it a lot in unsung - weapons, ammo, proxies, sounds, skins, scripts, etc.

saw from your sig you'd updated it - cool stuff. anyway if there's anything you need just holler.

Yeah thanks for the offer mate, been thinking about giving the mig15 another update. When i did the last one cool stuff like the pylon proxies didn't exist.

ok am just back from hols and started in on the littlebirds...

some progress shots (WIP)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/ah6_progress1_zpsb86165b9.jpg (125 kB)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/ah6_progress2_zpsc9389171.jpg (118 kB)

the AH6J is featured here with a range of kit including:

driver/cargo can swap seats already

new sounds by BigPickle

gun shelldrop, grenade toss, flare and smoke launching functions

weapons:

- AIM-92

- AGM-114K

- AGM-114N

- AGM-114R

- Hydra 70mm HE in LAU68 and LAU61 launchers

- CRV7-PG in LAU120 launcher (hey why not ;) ?)

- GAU2 (M134) is shown but also twin GAU19 (triple 50 cal) is configged and awaiting model input.

plans for:

- twin GAU19 (triple 50 cal) models

- camera FLIR turret with moving laser designator and spotlight

- mk19, M230 versions

- ski-mounted shooting

- desert, woodland camo re-skins

- possibly also some rock music to add...

Edited by eggbeast

Looking good egg, small request, any chance of seeing the twin 'MD500D Defender' tow style pods?

well thanks to Myke we do have a twin TOW pod, it just doesn't have the aerodynamic fairing.

I'll add a TOW pod variant for you.

What I'm also hoping to do is make the co-pilot use the camera as a gun aiming tool for the missiles.

np, it's done - screenie below

ah6_tow_zpsa67f9ba0.jpg

the main time-burner in the mix is the ski-shooting system.

if we could borrow dyslexci's that would save us a load of time but he hasn't been able to reply to my requests

so we're developing one from a prototype that von knudenberg did for unsung mod, based on norrin's original scripts...

Edited by eggbeast

AV-8B Harrier II -- config and model p3d is done, sounds and actions are done, just need a working model.cfg from von knudenberg

updated actions list here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181411-FRL_Air-mod-WIP&p=2744477&viewfull=1#post2744477

updated loadout plans here

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/projects/FRL_Air/plane_loadouts_stock6.xlsx

Edited by eggbeast

That look very cool cant wait to try them out!Now one should fear the littlebird more then ever! did you disable the crew / cargo function on the heavy weapon versions? For what i see on wiki this baby can cary about 1500KG's of total load making it harder to cary massive loadouts + crew? Thanks for the update!

yeah the pics are AH-6J not MH-6J (6 man transporter)

I'm thinking of adding sniper ski to copilot of AH-6J and to anyone on MH-6J

Is that something like the guys (and girls) with the frozen nozes shooting at the winter olympics? :don 14:

Edit: Ow,"Ski's"!....why didnt you say so.

Edited by larsiano

Yes Looks great egg many thanks!

TOW

Totally Awesome Weapon!

Is that something like the guys (and girls) with the frozen nozes shooting at the winter olympics? :don 14:

Edit: Ow,"Ski's"!....why didnt you say so.

rangers-mh-6.jpg

i guess it's more of a sniper bench than a ski/skid...

ok have made some initial progress with the Mi24 / Mi25 / Mi35 family...

weapons are likely to be:

Yak-B 12.7mm quad barrel (Mi24D Hind-D) 1470

UPK-23-50 gun twin 23mm (Mi24VP Hind-E Mod) 450

Gsh-30K fixed cannon (Mi24P Hind-F) 750

UPK-23-50 Gunpod Twin 23mm (Mi24 V/P) 240

GUV 8700 Gunpod AGS

30mm AGS-17 GMG (AIC-17A) 300 per pylon (up to 4)

GUV 8700 Gunpod MG

2x GshG 7.62mm quad miniguns 1500 per pylon (up to 4)

+Yak-B 12.7mm quad barrel 750 per pylon (up to 4)

rockets

S5 57mm UB32 HE 32 per pylon (up to 4)

S8 80mm B8 AT / KOM (Mi24 V/P) 20 per pylon (up to 4)

S13 130mm B-13L1 AT/Frag/FAE/ WP (Mi24VM / Mi35VM) 5 per pylon (up to 4)

agm

AT-2 Swatter HEAT (Mi24D) 2 per pylon (x2)

AT-6 Spiral HEAT (Mi24V) 2 per pylon (up to 4)

AT-9 Spiral-2 HEAT (Mi24VM) 2 per pylon (up to 4)

AT-9F Spiral-2 Thermobaric (Mi24VM) 2 per pylon (up to 4)

Mi35VM = 2 pylons only per wing but 8x rack of AT9 onboard

Bombs

FAB100 x4 (MBD4 rack) 4 per pylon (x2)

FAB 250 500lb 1 per pylon (up to 4)

FAB500 1000lb 1 per pylon (x2)

AA

SA-24 Grinch (Mi24VM) 2 per pylon (up to 2)

can be suspended below 2x AT6 on a mi24P

plans are here

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/projects/FRL_Air/plane_loadouts_stock6.xlsx

Edited by eggbeast

hi guys, i would like to know if you were interrested to add a targeting pod feature to the planes (a10, f35, Harrier, su25...etc).

my idea would be to replicate on these planes the exact same movable camera turret view currently used on Apache and Cobra.

maybe also to add a targeting pod texture (such as the Lockeed Martin Sniper XR) attached to one of their pylon.

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dm.af.mil%2Fshared%2Fmedia%2Fphotodb%2Fphotos%2F090603-F-1642J-006.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.eagle.ru%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D81321&h=1025&w=1540&tbnid=JOgQfCC4tdWg-M%3A&zoom=1&docid=azZ02q5ZaO_YWM&ei=eH0HVNqlLbXMsQTwhYBw&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=145&page=1&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=0CCsQrQMwAw

to use the targeting pod, some options in the mouse menu would need to be added :

"targeting pod ON / OFF" to switch to the camera view

"laser designator ON / OFF" to use the laser designation

aim at a target--turn on the laser--- drop your bomb....and boom.

i'm a ACE mod user, but this feature has not even been implemented yet and will not be.

Edited by cychou

yeah that's not a bad idea, it has some merits. are these things used on those planes IRL?

we do have GPS/INS guidance for GPS targeting by the pilot in real-time already.

I'm planning also to remove the autolock from the iron bombs now we have a full set of JDAMs.

there may be a problem with the engine though in that if we simply put a moveable turret into a single seater plane, it would effectively commandeer the gun axis, so making the MG able also to shoot at angles to the aircraft trajectory. this would not be a good outcome...

Great mod idea,I'm especially looking forward to Hinds.One question,config-wise will the Swatter(Falanga)behave like the default one or be improved a bit?

Right now it's pretty useless in-game.

re the swatter - we already improved it - try it out...

[EDIT] I just realised i only left it on the BMP1 and took it off the Mi24's - this will be reinstated in the next release on the Mi25D

it was in EB_Air / EB_missilebox released about 9 months ago, and this is still in the mod until we finish migrating the new models in

i also changed the AT6 and other missiles on the land vehicles especially the brdms and tanks.

the released files are here (BAFX/Rangemaster mods)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181303-BAFX-and-Rangemaster-mod-packs-released

playing on ourserver, you get ambushed by Mi24's and they kick your butt, with improved look-ahead, gsh23 gsh30 or yakb (with proper damage for that weapon, BIS default is set way too low), AGS17, thermobaric missiles and rockets, split of weapons between the pilot and gunner, AA missiles on outer pylons of P/V models and so on... they really kick ass.

the purpose of the work in this thread is to update the MODELS to match what we already play with, and polish up the finishing touches (yes i broke the apache longbow recently lol)

i can't wait to see if the AI use the smoke and illumination flares we added to the countermeasures arsenal... probably not lol

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Sniper ATP: seems from your link that this kit provides camera downlink to JTAC on ground and target acquisition and identification (like radar in armaverse)

"laser designator ON / OFF" to use the laser designation

aim at a target--turn on the laser--- drop your bomb....and boom.

Q: does it also laser designate? if so, how? any refs?

we have laser designation active in all of our choppers and 2 seater planes, so and even some advanced vehicles like the bradley/ abrams newest versions.

but to add this for a single seater plane seems very hard to work in reality...

e.g. how do you fire countermeasures and move your plane when using this control?

i think it may not be that useful/ usable?

happy to listen to your opinions... and if i can see a good reason to implement it, we'll give it a go.

Edited by eggbeast