Sign in to follow this  
toadball

Altian Forces Rearmed (ALFR)

Awesome, looks good! Be nice to have some more variety for the AAF. Yeah the digicam on the vehicles annoys me just as much as the lack of variety of equipment

Last 3 months of the year are always quite busy for me so I've been working on and off on these things.

A few small updates:

I've made some progress (image gallery) with the Landrovers, I've still to implement FFV and make adjustments to the suspension and RVmats.

I am also waiting on some tweaks to the unit textures + a couple of new ones which I hope to get some screenshots of soon.

I've also been making progress implementing some of the new features from the Heli DLC particularly sling loading.

http://i.imgur.com/BsDGZ8I.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PZJW8dp.jpg

However, while I would like to get something released before Christmas, but due to some fun bugs with implementing the AFM realistically that's not likely to happen.

What I can confirm will be included in the first release:

Units using AFPAT uniforms and PPE

Unit groups based upon an air assault / light role infantry battalion TO&E/ORBAT

Weapons:

Mk 21 & Mk 21C (with and without M203 UGL)

Mk 22 Marksman Rifle (L115A3 port)

Mk 13 Short Range Anti Armour Weapon (Carl Gustav)

Mk 23 and Mk 24 Light machine guns.

Mk 26 Combat Shotgun (M1014)

Vehicles:

CH-47 Chinook

2 x Buzzard GR1 variants (L39s).

Will you be adding pistols ? make this a replacement ?

I may be looking at including a Glock 17 port and weapon light I have done, though at the moment I'm not too sure if I'm happy enough with it to do so.

As far as a replacement goes, I will likely include an optional config addon to replace the weapons and uniforms on the vanilla AAF units.

How about giving them a different x4 scope?
Why not use A2 OA's Elcan Spectre which was used on the mk17?

I'm generally not particularly happy with my work on the weapon sight ports I have done so far outwith this project, at the moment I'm happy with the HAMR as the primary weapon sight.

Another likely optional config I will be including is one for ASDG Joing Rails compatibility though it's not currently a priority.

Edited by ToadBall

Some more teasers of the units.

Gallery Link

Shows the updated textures and the SOF uniforms for the 'Pathfinder' units that are to be included and the Mk 25 (SR25 EC by Kiory).

Shall update the gallery with additional screen shots later tomorrow.

Planning on a first release of the units and weapons for the end of the month.

Vehicles are being worked on (Chinook is under going a config overhaul, Landrovers still require extensive work before I'm happy with them) and will be a considerable bit later.