eggbeast

BAFX and Rangemaster mod packs - released

...if it was tied to a PBO that could be dropped out of the Addons folder...

This is also bugging me, the forced camo-bushes are the only thing I do not like about this mod so far.

Despite this, one of the best ARMA II mods.

You know its kind of funny. People have for years bitched about no camo nets, decorative items, or foliage additions. I add them in, and people bitch about them being there! So I give up.

What *EXACTLY* is the concern over the foliage? And on what vehicles? On the Pandur? ... you can add/remove them via action. I'm hearing the bushes are present, which is the problem? My latest update to the Pandurs does not have them automatically spawn on the vehicles. I just loaded up the current version and didn't see any automatic spawning bushes. So a mission may load them up but that would be the only way.

... on OPFOR vehicles? Again, they are action add/remove items. Bushes on OPFOR vehicles are automatically spawned because they were developed based on our work on Unsung. They are there for a reason. Play the mod long enough and you'll understand why :)

If you must play without them, you can INIT the vehicle w/ a simple animate command:

"this animate ['plants',1]; this animate ['plants1',1]";

and on some you may need:

"this animate ['plants',1]; this animate ['plants1',1]"; this animate ['plants2',1]";

SIMPLE!

The action add/remove option is and will be the only way to remove the bushes. I have no intention of making any more variations or derivatives.

Didn't mean to come off sounding like I was bitching, rather I was asking a question for clarification.

I looked over my few posts and came away scratching my head.

-Chapman

I guess we like our bushes lol

anyone using this mod is free to enjoy it. But anyone disliking stuff, we don't wanna know about it i guess.

We don't make it to order, we make it for ourselves, so if you're really really polite about it, we might help you amend stuff, but generally, we would expect you to accept the aesthetic we built as-is.

Team members / creators get a lot of unnecessary flak from public users all over the forum.

Earlier when I asked for feedback on bugs, i meant bugs. still keen on that for a while, then the door will shut again.

Over time we have learned that to stay creative we must insulate ourselves from the negative trolls that abound in this forum... not saying you're one, just explaining the reaction you might expect based on word choices.

I guess we like our bushes lol

anyone using this mod is free to enjoy it. But anyone disliking stuff, we don't wanna know about it i guess.

We don't make it to order, we make it for ourselves, so if you're really really polite about it, we might help you amend stuff, but generally, we would expect you to accept the aesthetic we built as-is.

Team members / creators get a lot of unnecessary flak from public users all over the forum.

Earlier when I asked for feedback on bugs, i meant bugs. still keen on that for a while, then the door will shut again.

Over time we have learned that to stay creative we must insulate ourselves from the negative trolls that abound in this forum... not saying you're one, just explaining the reaction you might expect based on word choices.

The issue I have is that the bushes are working a bit too well, making friend or foe recognition and identification very difficult, I had a mission as USMC M1A2 raiding together with CDF tanks a Chedaki outpost and not knowing wether the tanks are friendly or not. I guess thats just the realism kicking in, I imagine soldiers in armies that have a lot of WP equipment and facing an enemy also with WP stuff also have to think twice.

I hope I have not offended you. Anyways, big thanks for posting the fix, really enjoying your work.

- - -

Bug reports: T-55 and OT-55 have still the loader sitting on top of the gunners shoulders

Point taken, "bitching" is probably too strong a word - no offense taken! :)

The issue I have is that the bushes are working a bit too well, making friend or foe recognition and identification very difficult, I had a mission as USMC M1A2 raiding together with CDF tanks a Chedaki outpost and not knowing wether the tanks are friendly or not. I guess thats just the realism kicking in, I imagine soldiers in armies that have a lot of WP equipment and facing an enemy also with WP stuff also have to think twice.

I hope I have not offended you. Anyways, big thanks for posting the fix, really enjoying your work.

- - -

Bug reports: T-55 and OT-55 have still the loader sitting on top of the gunners shoulders

It sounds to me like the bushes are doing their job if you are having IFF issues ;) And yes that's the point... wait until you walk up on an OPFOR tank in the middle of a forest and don't notice it until it starts its engine. Fun stuff!

Those T55 gunner things are being researched. We think we know what broke, just need to address it (among other things).

wait until you walk up on an OPFOR tank in the middle of a forest and don't notice it until it starts its engine. Fun stuff!

or even hosing you down with the flamethrower as you backpedal quietly away from the hulking great bush one of your oppos just called out as a OT34

RELEASED

Rangemaster and BAFX v2.5

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26409

+ new Mi28 cockpit gauges by hcpookie

+ fixed MP compatible Patriot by hcpookie

+ fixed Blakes mirrors (now use Q/E for looking in rear mirrors)

+ EB_rover - new addon - see below

To follow:

Add random clutter

Add opfor cargo proxies for Tak Supply model

Add random rear cargo objects for CIV versions

Add Sniper version with removed rear seats and extra camo nets

EB_Rover
by Eggbeast and hcpookie

New Landrover Pack

Based on BIS models with tweaks:

- Added Faction variants for BAF, ACR, CIV, TK, TK_INS and TK_GUE
- Each vehicle has functioning: 
--- spare wheel
--- camo nets
--- fuel cans

Transport variants have
--- Opening tailgate
--- removable cover
--- radomised cover at init

Updated smoke/flare functions:
Vehicles have built in flare and smoke dispensers for combat/night-ops - use toggle countermeasures in driver seat to fire flare/smoke

Updated cargo:
vehicles have faction and type specific cargo ammo and weapons including a good range of new Rangemaster weapons, grenades and tools, useable portable fuelcans, flare gun and flashlight.

Updated weapons:
All vehicle weapons have Rangemaster ammo and zeroing capability
Added BAF GMG and L7 GPMG to WMIK
Added PK to SPG9 LR

Updated seating:
Added extra seats to M2, WMIK and SPG landrovers

To follow:
Add random clutter
Add opfor cargo proxies for Tak Supply model
Add random rear cargo objects for CIV versions
Add Sniper version with removed rear seats and extra camo nets

classnames

CIV

"LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1", Red
"EB_LR_D_CIV", Tan
"EB_LR_G_CIV", Green

BAF

Desert

"BAFX_LandRover_Ambulance_D",
"BAF_Offroad_D",
"EB_LR_Supply_D_BAFX",
"EB_LR_M2_D_BAFX",
"EB_WMIK_D_BAFX",

Woodland

"BAFX_LandRover_Ambulance_W",
"BAF_Offroad_W",
"EB_LR_Supply_W_BAFX",
"EB_LR_M2_W_BAFX",
"EB_WMIK_W_BAFX",

Czech Army

Desert

"LandRover_Ambulance_Des_ACR",
"LandRover_CZ_EP1", 
"EB_LR_M2_D_ACR",
"LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1",

Woodland

"LandRover_Ambulance_ACR",
"LandRover_ACR",
"EB_LR_M2_W_ACR",
"EB_WMIK_W_ACR",

TAK Army

"EB_LR_TK",
"EB_LR_Supply_TK",
"LandRover_MG_TK_EP1",
"LandRover_SPG9_TK_EP1",
"EB_LR_SPG9_PK_TK",

TAK MILITIA

"EB_LR_TK_INS",
"EB_LR_Supply_TK_INS",
"LandRover_MG_TK_INS_EP1",
"LandRover_SPG9_TK_INS_EP1",
"EB_LR_SPG9_PK_TK_INS",

TAK LOCALS

"EB_LR_TK_GUE",
"EB_LR_Supply_TK_GUE",
"EB_LR_M2_TK_GUE",
"EB_LR_SPG9_TK_GUE",
"EB_LR_SPG9_PK_TK_GUE",

new tweaked landrover models

LRskins_zpsruxiw2ai.jpg

new seating arrangements, and PK MG added to SPG landrovers

tailgate_zpsqgjbdwfp.jpg

Supply version with ammo, weapons, fuel and repair on board

walkable deck and opening tailgate

landrovercargo1_zpsi9fpysjy.jpg

new usable cargo seats added to landrovers

newseats_zpsvnnmsob6.jpg

Czech wmiks

cz_wmik_zpsafjhzmu5.jpg

czech and uk M2 only landrovers

M2_Lr_zpsxktmi8jf.jpg

new wmik for brits

wmik1_zpsulb9euif.jpg

lr_green_zpslrnc1mno.jpg

new takistani transports - polished up the covers and windscreens

tk_lr_zpsut8zyqns.jpg

faction/region specific camo nets standard on all military landrovers (using pooks camo net pack included)

also MASH deployable from ambulance

lrnets_zps1yivg1gx.jpg

Edited by eggbeast

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Updated mod v2.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Updated mod v2.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

thanks guys - the team and I have been talking about splitting the mods into their constituent parts for easier update/ download.

each would then need a DL page etc on your sites plus a master one with the full DL and the links to the individuals (like PRACS mod).

is there a way to achieve this?

i can provide a short description and screenies for each part if acceptable

Fan-dabi-dozi..

Thanks, look forward to having a good look at it.:)

Landrover steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car!!!!

pile of little bugs noted lol

pile of little bugs noted lol

Heh, and you're a Brit!

Other than the steering wheel faux pas, great update, thanks to all involved.

Oh, and I like the bushes :)

So. It appears the MP fix for the patriot missile launchers is working. I'm leaning toward making the manual control of the SAM's a player-only feature. When AI uses it the missiles tend to spin around in un-natural circles. Fun to watch but not really 'accurate'. That simulates the real-world abilities of the SAM's to operate in "manual control" in an ECM-rich or SEAD-heavy environment. Also plan to change the inheritance so they inherit from a root instead of one of the vehicles so as to avoid any EH conflicts.

Eggbeast, is there any way on gods green earth that you could consider making a BAFX ACE patch so EAS(exchangeable armament system) wont rape my game. :)

Hi:

The Mi-28 is in the pack or in the air overhaul one???

Awesome mod

Not sure I understand your question, but the Mi28 is in the RangeMaster pack, the topic of this thread.

the air overhaul thread is the WIP topic, i think he got confused, easy to do lol.

its all the same mod mate, mi28 is indeed in it

Ah, I see. The latest update will contain a usable cockpit for the Mi28. In honesty I'm not sure if that was released yet or not... it was delivered to Egg however so yell at him if he hasn't released it yet :p

Whenever I am a pilot for aircraft and I press right click to zoom it automatically makes me take control of the gunner of my aircraft and it enables manual fire. I believe this the Heinbloeds script. Is there anyway to disable this or rebind it to another key?

no sorry it's been made part of the mod.

the right click system allows you to engage targets with the self-laser designated missiles (imitating roughly russian SACLOS systems)

just be sure to mount gunner seat first then pilot, so it works properly.

you can use your + key to zoom

once you get used to it you will see the benefits far outweigh the costs.

Edited by eggbeast

Whenever I am a pilot for aircraft and I press right click to zoom it automatically makes me take control of the gunner of my aircraft and it enables manual fire. I believe this the Heinbloeds script. Is there anyway to disable this or rebind it to another key?

I agree the script in its current form is a royal PITA and degrades from the experience. Unfortunately you'll have to remap your right-click function in order to work around the script. There is no way to map the script to other keys that I am aware of. It would be nice, IMO, to make the script mapped to a combination keystroke like CTRL+RCLICK or something like that.