Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS: DragonFyre -- WIP Thread

Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?  

2655 members have voted

1. 1. Some questions - multiple choice! What do you use, what do you prefer?

• I use - Stereo Speakers/Headphones
    • I use - 5.1/7.1 Speakers
    • I prefer - More authentic sound
    • I prefer - More hollywood'ish sound
    • I like - The new progress shown in the videos
    • I like - JSRS2 more, keep it updated
    • It should - Be part of the Contest
    • It should - Not be part of the contest, make it for yourself and the community
    • I want - It now, release it unfinished
    • I want - It finished, take your time and release when its done and perfect

That just might've been the best soundscape I've heard in any game, brilliant!

^^^This

Nice job ive a curiosity im sorry for my stupidity...but that mod affects only the vanilla effects or it also affect contents effects?sorry for my ignorance;)

That shootout you had at the end reminded me of the shootout in heat which is still one of the greatest shootout scenes ever filmed. Loving it so far.

So, just to keep this thread kinda alive :P

zTNbzlgj1k8

This video shows the new Urban script in action. Thanks to LAxemann's script we have now randomly generated sounds when you are close to buildings. This effects works for the player, as for the AI. The performance is SUPER quick and brilliant!

Also you hear some more dynamic range updated weapon sounds in this one. Hope you like it :)

Tell me what you think about the new idea/script and share your mind :)

Thanks guys!

LJ

Holy sheets guys! Well done. :)

I seriously am counting down the days till I can also partake of this immersive experience.. Watch LJ's videos makes Arma3 look like a completely different game; certainly for the better.

Nice job ive a curiosity im sorry for my stupidity...but that mod affects only the vanilla effects or it also affect contents effects?sorry for my ignorance;)

If I understand what you're asking. Yes it only affects the default games weapons and vehicles\vehicles weapons. If I'm write... (Please correct me if I'm wrong) But any weapon added in by a mod will not be changed by this as the mods aren't using the vanilla sounds like the guns. Hope that helps.

If I understand what you're asking. Yes it only affects the default games weapons and vehicles\vehicles weapons. If I'm write... (Please correct me if I'm wrong) But any weapon added in by a mod will not be changed by this as the mods aren't using the vanilla sounds like the guns. Hope that helps.

If the mod weapon inherits the vanilla sounds from the vanilla weapons, it will be changed. But just placing a little text like dfyre_soundeffect = "DFyre_Distance_Effects_pistol1"; in the mod weapons class will make it be covered a 100% by JSRS DragonFyre. More about that later tho.

LJ

Way too much reverb...sounds as if you're shooting inside a shopping mall. Other than that I like it very much, Nice work...thank you for working on it!

So, just to keep this thread kinda alive :P

zTNbzlgj1k8

This video shows the new Urban script in action. Thanks to LAxemann's script we have now randomly generated sounds when you are close to buildings. This effects works for the player, as for the AI. The performance is SUPER quick and brilliant!

Also you hear some more dynamic range updated weapon sounds in this one. Hope you like it :)

Tell me what you think about the new idea/script and share your mind :)

Thanks guys!

LJ

This sounds amazing. Definitely has a great Heat feel. How is this related to Enhanced Soundscape, though? Would we use ES on top of this?

This sounds amazing. Definitely has a great Heat feel. How is this related to Enhanced Soundscape, though? Would we use ES on top of this?

No, LAxemann and I decided that we put in a value that disables the urban features when you use L_ES and DFyre the same time. As DFyre uses the Urban-Script already, the L_ES one wont be noticeable at all in DFyre, as DFyre is too loud for that. So when you run DFyre and use L_ES the same time, the L_ES stuff disables itself. At least the Urban Script from L_ES, as the soundscape is not integrated in DFyre (yet, maybe).

So in other words: DFyre and L_ES work hand in hand, no compatibility issues awaiting.

LJ

So in other words: DFyre and L_ES work hand in hand

What a lovestory <3

God, the urban sounds are amazing. I so want to play with your mod right now :D

hmmm, I agree on the reverb being a bit too much... it's quite distracting - too much noisy bass.

Love the progress so far, I can't wait to get my hands on this mod. The only thing I think could be improved is that there is too much mechanical noise from the action of the weapon. When you shoot in real life with most firearms you don't hear the sound of the action.

Hey LJ,

One thing that I've noticed in your videos is that the "inside a building" sound sounds really weird. I think that if the sound were sped up maybe 2 or 3 times the speed it is now and the frequency lowered just a bit it might sound better.

Also another thing to note is that the sound of a weapon firing inside a room is much louder to the shooter than the sound of it firing in an open space. (All of those sound waves bouncing of walls and hitting you is much louder than sound waves flying off into the sky)

Just my 2 cents. Keep it up man!

Hey, I'm pretty new here and I actually joined this site because I saw the development of this mod moving along and I wanted to be a part of your motivation to continue. It sounds amazing~!!! I can't wait to play with this, it's going to be absolutely terrifying getting shot at and feel so very powerful shooting back! And the urban sounds are just amazing... Well, actually, this whole mod is amazing. Keep up the fantastic work, we're behind you 100%!

Love the progress so far, I can't wait to get my hands on this mod. The only thing I think could be improved is that there is too much mechanical noise from the action of the weapon. When you shoot in real life with most firearms you don't hear the sound of the action.

That's right!

But if you fire pistols, some of them (mainly recoil action weapons) will produce spring-like noises.

1st person firing with mechanical sounds have been in JSRS for quite awhile and we continued into Dragonfyre. Perhaps volume levels may get adjusted, but they won't be removed outright.

Obviously I haven't tried it on my own computer but from the youtubes in this thread I think the sounds are good but the mechanical noises and reverbs are more dominant than the actual shot. So yes, maybe a tweak of the different levels is in order :)