Sign in to follow this  
MarutiaOrtia

Is it possible to have too many games?

Hi guys,

Is it possible to have too many games and what do you think about game collections. How many games have you collected for a year? I counted 15 new games that I bought from the beginning of 2014.

Are there are any games that you possess but you haven`t played yet? I usually buy games among Top 10 charts but unfortunately don`t have as much time as I need to play all of them.

The problem is not the amount of games you own but the time you may waste on them. I have more time for the important things and even eyesight got better again since I self restricted myself to a few hours a week and a gaming free Saturday.

I think if you have too many games than you probably enjoy the buying of game(s) more than actually of playing it.... I suffered that one once...

The problem is not the amount of games you own but the time you may waste on them. I have more time for the important things and even eyesight got better again since I self restricted myself to a few hours a week and a gaming free Saturday.

For me Sunday is game free day, because I have to prepare for the working week.

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

I think if you have too many games than you probably enjoy the buying of game(s) more than actually of playing it.... I suffered that one once...

So true :)

Two words - Steam sale.

No doubt the reason that many of us have far too many games (if there is such a thing) ;)

One reason I love the Arma series. Ever since OFP, with the editor and community mods, it truely is unlimited fun for years to come. I didnt need alot of games because I could create so many in the editor. But hey, collect as many as you want. :)

I also used to buy a lot of games. In fact i have 2 steam acounts, the current one i am using is populated only by ArmA :) The other one quite a few, including steam sales and alike. But since my time is more limited with each year, i only play 1-3 games per year besides OFP/ArmA franchise. And one of those being on origin (..runs away). I can't remember the last time i bought a retail copy. Could have been Arma2 to be perfectly honest (OA was sproket - current bistore, so was ArmA1).

So yes, with my current mentality i would say yes, there is a limit to the number of games one can buy get to enjoy and have a life that is not glued to the monitor ;)

Edited by PuFu

Two words - Steam sale.

No doubt the reason that many of us have far too many games (if there is such a thing) ;)

damn right

Yes definitely yes. I have games I never played or maybe started and than uninstalled them. OFP-Arma kept me more busy than any other game. I found other games most of the time restrictive and I missed the freedom I had in the BI franchise.

Thanks to Steam I'm off the hook. :yay:

Yeah Steam is the greatest invention after sliced bread . . . I got cured . . . thanks Gabe:31:

It always depends on the perspective.

If you are able to play all the games you bought and enjoy them, it's good.

If you buy games and never even open them it's bad.

BTW I'm also partially a Steam Sale's victim, basically during the year I make a list of all the games I want to try, then I use the sales as a "purchase demo" market. For less than a cinema ticket I get a game which I'm gonna play at least one day or two, and sometimes I find a jewel like the Euro Truck Simulator 2, that I bought it with the expansion for 4.50€ and I have expended more than a hundred hours.

Concluding I mainly use the cinema ticket rule. If a game cheaper than one ticket can entertain me for more than 2 hours it's worth it.

Two words - Steam sale.

It is a serious investment sometimes...

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

It always depends on the perspective.

If you are able to play all the games you bought and enjoy them, it's good.

If you buy games and never even open them it's bad.

BTW I'm also partially a Steam Sale's victim, basically during the year I make a list of all the games I want to try, then I use the sales as a "purchase demo" market. For less than a cinema ticket I get a game which I'm gonna play at least one day or two, and sometimes I find a jewel like the Euro Truck Simulator 2, that I bought it with the expansion for 4.50€ and I have expended more than a hundred hours.

Concluding I mainly use the cinema ticket rule. If a game cheaper than one ticket can entertain me for more than 2 hours it's worth it.

Amazing rule you have. I will borrow it ... :)

I have over 100 games on Steam only because of Bundles, 95% of them I will never play more then once.

Topic statement is 100% true. You can have many games but mostly you play 2-5 titles on regular basis. Sandbox and such. It's impossible to play all games and finish them even if you have plenty of free time in your hands.

Some games I don't play at all and keep them for record only and for convenience. No need to keep old cd's, boxes and zipped oldies ;) Just one click and game is on demand, no hassle with patches, cd juggling and other shit that drives you nuts. I like the convenient form of nowadays digital distribution of games.

I'm an FPS enthusiast/junkie, and a regular on Steam/Origin sales and also on other online vendors. I may not be able to play much or at all, but I know that I have to the games installed and ready to play even for a 15 minute session.

Hi guys,

Is it possible to have too many games and what do you think about game collections. How many games have you collected for a year? I counted 15 new games that I bought from the beginning of 2014.

Are there are any games that you possess but you haven`t played yet? I usually buy games among Top 10 charts but unfortunately don`t have as much time as I need to play all of them.

Thief, Dishonored, Hitman:Absolution, Metro (both parts), Tomb Raider, to name a few well received games.

So the answer would be yes ;) I also bought Anno 2070 in the steam sale, but i think i'm going to refund this because i fear it will sit in my library for its entire life untouched as well.

Due to modding i just dont have that much time to play... And all the recent/ upcoming big timesuckers like GTA5, Witcher 3, FO4... I know i would enjoy all of them bu i dont think i will have the time to play all of them