Sign in to follow this  
Sunhawk

Problem with Arma 2 - Operation Arrowhead Menu - Need help

Hi all,

I have used Arma 2 for a couple of years with all the DLC with no problems, mostly to play the DayZ Mod. I recently went to play Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and it said Battle Eye could not initialize so I verified cache where it downloaded some files. I could then launch the game fine but ever since my Arma 2 Operation Arrow head main menu is having problems. It displays like water glitch in the background which is bobbing up and down, normally it shows an intro movie.

I have removed all my mods and even reinstall Arma 2 and all add-ons and OA is still having the problem (the menus to A2 and the other DLCS are all fine)

Can someone please help me fix?

Many Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

Here is an image of my problem on them Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead menu:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/23962585491337230/904E6E350675621CE1B0639FF4C1ADED9D6ADD14/

Edited by Sunhawk

What you're seeing is no world loaded on launch, it's what displays when launch parameter is: -world=empty

What you're seeing is no world loaded on launch, it's what displays when launch parameter is: -world=empty

Hmm I don't have any parameters set for A2:OA in steam, if it was empty would it be bobbing up and down? Any idea how to fix?

thanks for the reply

I just recognize what your seeing. I used to launch with -world=empty when it made a difference in launch time. And yeah, it would bob up and down because it's just an empty ocean, no island. So in a nutshell your game isn't loading any island on launch.

If it's persistent, on your desktop right click your game icons (DLC too if there) and go to properties. See if empty world is listed as a launch param there.

In Steam, go to the game properties, set launch options... see if it's listed there.

Beyond having -world=empty as a launch param, I don't know why it would be.

Yeah none have those launch parameters, but thanks for the info.

Does anyone else have any ideas? Kinda driving me mad...

Can anybody else help me with this?

Slight update, I have narrowed it down to only affect when I launch OA from steam. If I launch it from steam in windowed mode or without battle eye or via the icons in the install location, I don't see the problem. Is there a way to clear how the default play button works for OA on steam?

Thanks

Edited by Sunhawk
Update