Sign in to follow this  
Junkhay

Battleye Initialization Failed and all I have in the folder is a readme.txt

I am having a problem with OA (Operation Arrowhead) I am trying to play Takistan Life and every server I attempt to join says Battleye Initialization failed... So I did a little research on youtube and they say you will have a BEinstallation file... I do... But inside all I have is a readme.txt file and It helps me with nothing...

VS software is having issues with the latest BattlEye update. Check your quarantine folder and if it's been quarantined, remove from quarantine. If you can add it to exceptions, do so and it shouldn't be an issue any longer. Norton allows exception. McAfee won't allow exception until they classify BE to be a PUP. If you're running McAfee check your quarantine each time before launching the game and if BE is in there, remove from quarantine. Has to be done that way until they classify it a PUP.

Using McAfee and BattlEye:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/33930/discussions/0/46476144937194675/

P.S. - Even if BE is added to firewall, check quarantine. Scheduled scans are throwing it in quarantine, not just RTS.

EDIT: McAfee hasn't thrown into quarantine for a couple days now, so I'm hoping it's a sign they got the BE issue resolved on their end.

Edited by OpusFmSPol
final edit