Sign in to follow this  
bertram

Removing radio messages globally

I've been trying to disable the radio chatter (i.e. I'm at Grid xyz, or ENEMY MAN 100m) that appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, but I can't seem to get it down. I understand that it can be disabled by the client, but I am trying to disable the messages for all players on a dedicated server, as its very annoying when someone can tell a squad member has died just by seeing radio messages appear. I've tried putting the following into the init.sqf for my missions

enableRadio false;
enableSentences false;
0 fadeRadio 0;
player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];

I'm positive my init.sqf as a whole is running fine as every other command is working; it just seems like I'm using the above commands incorrectly.

You probably know this but since you're not mentioning it; perhaps the difficulty setting DeathMessages (in-game called "YOU WERE KILLED") might do what you're looking for? Even though unlikely, as this doesn't apply to -radio- chatter but only the system-messages. Usage example in difficulty config -

class Difficulties{
class regular{
	DeathMessages=0;
};
};

Edit:

Or perhaps disableChannels (as used in Description.ext) could help (however that would probably disable all chat on the channels, even that of players, so that may be undesirable).

I suppose just for testing, you could try to put the disableSentences false; (or all the lines) into a unit's init and see if that does it; if it does then the init.sqf is probably not properly calling it on the clients.

Edited by geqqo