Sign in to follow this  
redarmy

Show/hide useful to you?

So with arma always getting updates,and scripters not supporting their scripts throught long periods of time,i started to get frustrated at making missions and having to go back to them and edit them because a cache/spawn script ceased to function that i used in them.

Not trying to say im unnapreciative of modders and scripters work,quite the opposite actually.

However,After considering this will most likely happen again in the future i looked at vannila options.

I started using the show/hide modules synced to triggers etc,and have noticed that these vannila "cache" modules are much more functional as they keep units "on map" so they are counted(good for trigger conditions).

I also noticed they really seem to keep performance at very good levels.

I just wanted other peoples opinions,do you use these modules? Alone?with other cache scripts?

Do you find them useful for mission making and performance?

These modules are executed locally only unfortunately and thus do not work properly in locally hosted multi player.

An example:

A tank hidden via the module will still be visible to players who are not the host but invisible to the person hosting the mission.

I'd love to see this fixed as I much rather using these for the reason you've stated, the unit is on the map and is counted - plus you can play around with it's init field far more easily than creating the unit via scripting.

I've not tested to see if this functions correctly on dedicated servers.