Zenophon

[COOP-8] Black Ops

Co-8 Black Ops

Overview

An open-ended co-op mission featuring random objectives surrounded by enemy patrols. Uses heavy randomization of enemy patrols and dynamic and reactive AI for maximum replayability. Numerous mission parameters are provided for extensive customization of difficulty, weather, and other options. The mission can be played in SP or MP, local or dedicated and with or without AI teammates. The mission is fully JIP compatible and optimized for smooth performance on clients. There is no saving or respawn to promote realism; however, unused player slots can still be joined to continue playing.

Features

Total randomization

• Completely randomized starting and objective locations, you could be fighting anywhere on Altis
  • Completely randomized enemy patrols; their equipment, patrol routes, and starting positions are entirely random
  • Random vehicle and helicopter patrols
  • Enemy reinforcements realistically inserted by helicopter
  • Nearly endless replayability and fun for fans of co-op infantry combat

Accessibility and customization

• No mods or addons required, all features are done purely through scripting
  • Full JIP compatibility, for both enabled/disabled friendly AI, for players joining at any time
  • Play the mission in either MP (local or dedicated) or SP with no differences or issues
  • Numerous mission customization options in MP, including AI skill/strength, time, and dynamic weather
  • Special settings for SP, fine tuning the difficulty for one human

AI improvements

• No respawning enemies, all patrols are there from the start
  • AI infantry can detect player gunfire at long range, even at night, and react realistically, without being psychic
  • Realistically use diversions that the AI reacts to, then exploit the holes in AI patrol patterns
  • Fix for ridiculous AI accuracy on dedicated servers, their skill will be the same as in SP or local MP

Teamwork and realism

• No saving in SP or MP, to promote teamwork and realism and punish players for their mistakes
  • No respawn or revive system to promote realistic play; you can still pick a new player slot though
  • Increased weapon lethality, 1-2 shot kills are now the norm

Tested and optimized

• Carefully optimized for minimal performance impact
  • Server-oriented scripting so that clients have a perfectly smooth experience
  • All functionality and features, including JIP, fully tested on a dedicated server with multiple players with and without AI

Misc features

• CAS or artillery support after completing some objectives
  • Supply drops of both ammunition and small vehicles as support options
  • Easy repacking of magazines with an action, which takes a realistic amount of time
  • Easily share magazines with teammates for their primary weapons, perfect for assistant MG soldiers

Most of this is done using my Co-op Mission Framework (see my signature) (shameless advertisement, I know).

Download

All map versions

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-QFvxyAVKTUTUplWjJqdThpWjA

Installation

Copy the .pbo file to the Mission or MPMission folder in your ArmA 3 install directory. This is by default at (Windows 7) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3.

Changelog

2/3/17

1. Added: Tanoa version
  2. Added: Mission parameter for enemy faction
  3. Added: Mission parameter for fatigue
  4. Added: New DLC loadouts
  5. Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework

9/28/16

• Fixed: JIP fire support (Chernarus and Takistan version)
  • Added: Isla Duala version
  • Added: Lingor version
  • Added: Malden version
  • Added: Nogova version
  • Added: Sahrani version
  • Improved: Various improvements and fixes included in my latest framework

3/12/16

• Fixed: AAA Site vehicle is no longer drivable
  • Fixed: AAA Site vehicle now contains enough explosives to destroy it

9/14/15

• Added: Opfor helicopter crash site objective
  • Added: Abandoned mortar position objective
  • Added: Rescue civilian objective

7/13/15

• Fixed: JIP players now get fire support correctly

6/8/15

4/25/15

3/30/15

• Improved: Mission no longer forces a maximum view distance in SP

3/11/15

2/27/15

1/28/15

• Fixed: Possible issue with code execution from an eventhandler
  • Improved: Logic to not place insertion or objectives on any small island or at the edge of the map

12/31/14

12/10/14

11/17/14

10/16/14

• Improved: Insertion helicopter now starts with a reasonable velocity
  • Tweaked: Crash site objective timing

9/10/14

• Fixed: HQ steal intel task marker appeared in purple
  • Improved: Objective locations now avoid houses and ambient clutter

8/15/14

• Fixed: All mission logic now works properly when only one player exists
  • Fixed: JIP players are now considered for extraction and support options
  • Added: Versions of the mission on Chernarus and Takistan
  • Added: Mission parameter for increased damaged feature

8/8/14

• Added: Supply drop and airstrike support options as rewards for completing objectives
  • Added: Enemy vehicle and helicopter patrols
  • Added: Enemy reinforcement insertion by helicopter in response to objective completion
  • Added: AA Site, Crash Site, HQ, and Roadblock objectives
  • Improved: Increased the diversity of loadouts available to players
  • Improved: AI cannot detect gunfire while inside a vehicle

7/25/14

• Initial Release

Known Issues

None at this time.

Feedback

Any feedback about the mission is welcome, particularly about new features or content that would make things more interesting. Obviously, if you find any bugs or issues, I would like to know. Either this thread, PM, or email is fine.

Contact the author: ZenophonArmAFramework@gmail.com

Legal

This mission is released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0)

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/

• Like 1

Every time I run this mission everything is generated in the bottom left corner of atlis, deep down in the ocean!

Every time I run this mission everything is generated in the bottom left corner of atlis, deep down in the ocean!

First, are you running any mods? Try running without any addons.

Second, are you running in singleplayer, dedicated or local multiplayer?

Third, have you un-pbo'd the mission and changed anything?

Fourth, do any errors appear? See the log here (Windows 7) C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Arma 3.

I think it was a mod I was using, as without any running it works!

I think it was a mod I was using, as without any running it works!

Glad it's working for you! It's unfortunate some mods can interfere with script-based missions.

Overview

Greetings fellow Armaholics, although the advertised improvements have been somewhat delayed, I have finished work on almost everything planned and more. The mission now features a lot more content, with twice as many objectives, the inclusion of enemy vehicles and helicopters, and support options.

The Google Drive link has been updated, and the Armaholic link will be soon.

The most exciting addition is the new crash site objective, which breaks up the monotony of just blowing up different objects by having players save an injured pilot. There are also numerous minor improvements ranging from mission balance to optimization. The code behind the mission has doubled in length and complexity.

With all of the new features in place, I have only run a few tests on a dedicated server. Everything appears to be working as advertised, but it's possible there are a few situations I did not account for. If things don't appear quite right, send me a bug report and I will look into it.

Changelog

8/8/14

1. Added: Supply drop and airstrike support options as rewards for completing objectives
  2. Added: Enemy vehicle and helicopter patrols
  3. Added: Enemy reinforcement insertion by helicopter in response to objective completion
  4. Added: AA Site, Crash Site, HQ, and Roadblock objectives
  5. Improved: Increased the diversity of loadouts available to players
  6. Improved: AI cannot detect gunfire while inside a vehicle

Will try it out sounds promising.

Thx for a small coop dynamic mission.

And no reason for shame your missionsframework and occupy script are great.

I have a question can you port this missions to A2 Maps(Takistan,...), or is it to much work because all is made for altis and cant be ported easiliy ?

And what mods can interrupted with your mission ? We use CSE and AGM in the mix and two weapon packages are there any problems known with this.

Will try it out sounds promising.

Thx for a small coop dynamic mission.

And no reason for shame your missionsframework and occupy script are great.

I have a question can you port this missions to A2 Maps(Takistan,...), or is it to much work because all is made for altis and cant be ported easiliy ?

And what mods can interrupted with your mission ? We use CSE and AGM in the mix and two weapon packages are there any problems known with this.

The mission could easily be ported to another map; there are only 8 units and 3 markers in the editor. Everything is done through scripting. I can make versions of this mission for Takistan and Chernarus, I just need to download the mod that adds those maps and get everything set up and working.

Regarding mods, I haven't tested the mission with any mods, so I don't really know what their effect will be. If you try the mission with lots of mods and something doesn't work, try running with just one mod at a time to see which one conflicts. Other extensive testing with the mod or opening the mod's source code, I can't anticipate what it might conflict with or how to fix that.

The mods you mentioned remind me of ACE for ArmA 2; i.e. some of the features always work for all missions (e.g. rocket backblast, weapon resting), while other require the mission be built around them (e.g. giving specific medical equipment, interacting with civilians).

How do I disable the increased damage?

Without opening and editing the .pbo, you cannot. However, I can make this a parameter than be changed if you run the mission in multiplayer. I will add this when I release versions for the other maps.

Hey Zenophon thx for the info.

Tested your mission in SP and i like it a lot.

After testing in Sp, i modified it a little bit, blufor loadouts with cse medical stuff (deactivated all AI specific stuff) and RHm4/m16`s, tested it again with these mods no probs so far.

But when i uploaded it to our dedicated server and i deactivate the AI everybody spawns at the airport and nothing happens.

Restarted the mission and we try it with activated AI with 5 players, one spawns in he heli all others at the airport ( I think only the admin spawns in the helicopter).

But the helicopter hovers anywhere and never arrived at the insertion point, so the tasks never came up only the inseration point was visible for all.

So next try on our other dedicated with no mods on, and your vanilla version of the mission (loaded from your google drive link) same problem as explained above occurs.

So next try without mods alone on the dedicated with vanilla mission and activated ai, all goes fine.

Next test with my modifed version and cse on the dedi with activated AI and on player, all goes fine.

Next try with 2 players activated AI, one spawns in the heli one on the airport, and no task came up.

So have tested all options on my end, hope there are some useful informations for you and mayby you can fix it ,or tell me for what i have to look out.

Hi Zenophon , the mission seems doesn't work in MP game(non dedicated server, all ai disabled), the player will only stay in Altis airport, and no teleport into the helicopter , you might want to look into the issue

Edited by benw

Hey Zenophon thx for the info.

Tested your mission in SP and i like it a lot.

After testing in Sp, i modified it a little bit, blufor loadouts with cse medical stuff (deactivated all AI specific stuff) and RHm4/m16`s, tested it again with these mods no probs so far.

But when i uploaded it to our dedicated server and i deactivate the AI everybody spawns at the airport and nothing happens.

Restarted the mission and we try it with activated AI with 5 players, one spawns in he heli all others at the airport ( I think only the admin spawns in the helicopter).

But the helicopter hovers anywhere and never arrived at the insertion point, so the tasks never came up only the inseration point was visible for all.

So next try on our other dedicated with no mods on, and your vanilla version of the mission (loaded from your google drive link) same problem as explained above occurs.

So next try without mods alone on the dedicated with vanilla mission and activated ai, all goes fine.

Next test with my modifed version and cse on the dedi with activated AI and on player, all goes fine.

Next try with 2 players activated AI, one spawns in the heli one on the airport, and no task came up.

So have tested all options on my end, hope there are some useful informations for you and mayby you can fix it ,or tell me for what i have to look out.

Hi Zenophon , the mission seems doesn't work in MP game(non dedicated server, all ai disabled), the player will only stay in Altis airport, and no teleport into the helicopter , you might want to look into the issue

For both of you I think at least part of the issue is this: the mission will not work when only one unit exists. This because it is relying on the leader of both groups existing in multiplayer. In SP, all AI are there and the player takes command of all of them. You need to have a least two players, human or AI, as the group leaders. I am working on a solution to this, but for now you must have two players or an AI.

Speedygonzales, I would help greatly if you could post any errors that appear in the server's log. Its location depends upon how you set up your dedicated server; try something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Server. In MP, you can also look at the log on each client to see if something when wrong there; those are at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Arma 3.

With at least two players on a dedicated server with no AI and no JIP (all players ready at the briefing), try testing these combinations:

• With no mods
  • With only mods but no changes to the mission itself
  • With only changes to the mission
  • With both mods and changes to the mission

I am also working on getting the tasks to spawn earlier, but not such that the enemy will fire at the players as they arrive.

With at least two players on a dedicated server with no AI and no JIP (all players ready at the briefing), try testing these combinations:

Check = starting at the airport nothing happens (4players/2players without AI)

With no mods = checked no Probs, when AI is activated (2 players others AI)

With only mods but no changes to the mission itself = checked no probs (2 players others AI)

With only changes to the mission = checked no probs (2 players others AI)

With both mods and changes to the mission= checked no probs (2 players others AI)

In the End oft the test the result is clear the mistake is somewhere when you turn of AI, all players spawns at the airfield and nothing will happen.

Ps.: You get the rpt when i coming home from work.

Without opening and editing the .pbo, you cannot. However, I can make this a parameter than be changed if you run the mission in multiplayer. I will add this when I release versions for the other maps.

That would be much appreciated. Also, if you are willing, it would be nice if for ai skills, there was an option to not modify them at all (to allow easy use with mods like ASR). Otherwise playing it in SP it was great fun, and I can't wait to play it with some friends. Didn't encounter any bugs in my play through. Great work!

That would be much appreciated. Also, if you are willing, it would be nice if for ai skills, there was an option to not modify them at all (to allow easy use with mods like ASR). Otherwise playing it in SP it was great fun, and I can't wait to play it with some friends. Didn't encounter any bugs in my play through. Great work!

This! :)

The AI skill is set only when they are spawned, for each group. Any mod that changes the skills after that, e.g. at 30 second intervals, would work fine. I don't know the details of how ASR works though; it might have a clever way of detecting spawned units. So long as it sets the skill more than a few frames after the group spawns, it will simply override the skill set by the mission.

If you test it and it doesn't work, I can make an AI skill option that is 0.5 or 1, whatever the default would be after using createUnit.

Overview

Greeting fellow Armaholics, this update should put an end to the unfortunate series of issues with playing the mission in different player/AI configurations. I apologize that this could not be fixed sooner, but there are a lot different combinations and possibilities to consider when dealing with JIP and AI vs. no AI with a variable number of players. I want to be sure that something else is not broken in the attempt to fix one issue.

Also, by user request, I have added a parameter for disabling the increased damage feature. To be clear, when this feature is disabled, the mission is fully compatible with any mods that use a 'HandleDamage' eventhandler on any of the units.

Furthermore, and again by user request, I have created versions of the mission on Chernarus and Takistan. These versions are 100% exact ports of the mission; everything will work exactly as it does on Altis, just with the mission area resized to fit the maps.

If anyone want me to port the mission to their favorite map, just give me a link to the mods required to get the map running and I will get it done swiftly. If you want to port it yourself, as it truly is very easy, I can send you a quick guide to doing it.

The Google Drive link has been updated, and the Armaholic link will be soon. I have added links to the alternate map versions to the main post, with a link to the map pack required.

Changelog

8/15/14

1. Fixed: All mission logic now works properly when only one player exists
  2. Fixed: JIP players are now considered for extraction and support options
  3. Added: Versions of the mission on Chernarus and Takistan
  4. Added: Mission parameter for increased damaged feature

Everything is generated off the map in the ocean for me, but ive gotten this problem with other missions too :(

Everything is generated off the map in the ocean for me, but ive gotten this problem with other missions too :(

I will just quote my previous post on how to debug issues:

First, are you running any mods? Try running without any addons.

Second, are you running in singleplayer, dedicated or local multiplayer?

Third, have you un-pbo'd the mission and changed anything?

Fourth, do any errors appear? See the log here (Windows 7) C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Arma 3.

Hey, may be Zen or someone else can help me. 1st. thanks for this mission. Not enough missions are scripted like this and it is much appreciated. 2nd. I would like to add FIA militia to Opfor side for a variety and also include their armed offroad. I looked into Zen's functions files and could not find where the opfor definitions were other then init.sqf. I also added more to the ammo supply drop however I was wondering how I need to call that in. Is it via the TL and if so, does the TL need to have TL loadouts. Last, I added far_revive to the mission file and assume it being in the init.sqf is all I need to do. I will test when I get home from work.

Zen, would this work with Alive running in the background? I can look at the random mission generation and see, but would it reck the mission to add more missions?

Hey, may be Zen or someone else can help me. 1st. thanks for this mission. Not enough missions are scripted like this and it is much appreciated. 2nd. I would like to add FIA militia to Opfor side for a variety and also include their armed offroad. I looked into Zen's functions files and could not find where the opfor definitions were other then init.sqf. I also added more to the ammo supply drop however I was wondering how I need to call that in. Is it via the TL and if so, does the TL need to have TL loadouts. Last, I added far_revive to the mission file and assume it being in the init.sqf is all I need to do. I will test when I get home from work.

Zen, would this work with Alive running in the background? I can look at the random mission generation and see, but would it reck the mission to add more missions?

Glad you are enjoying the mission. To change which vehicles spawn and spawn vehicles of different sides, you need to alter the logic for spawning vehicles so that a crew of the correct side spawns. Because FIA are technically on the Blufor side, you will have to fake it by giving Opfor units guerilla loadouts. This will have no impact when playing, it's just a coding trick.

First you need to add the vehicles into the list to spawn. Replace this line (very top):

#define OPFOR_VEHICLES ["O_MRAP_02_gmg_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F"]

with something like:

#define OPFOR_VEHICLES ["O_MRAP_02_gmg_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "O_MRAP_02_hmg_F", "B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F"]

Then you need to change the vehicle spawning logic. Find this block (starts at line 635):

for "_j" from 1 to 1 do {
       _opforVehicle = [([_x, [100, 800]] call Zen_FindGroundPosition), OPFOR_VEHICLES] call Zen_SpawnGroundVehicle;
       0 = [_opforVehicleArray, _opforVehicle] call Zen_ArrayAppend;
   };

Replace it with this:

for "_j" from 1 to 1 do {
       _vehicleType = [OPFOR_VEHICLES] call Zen_ArrayGetRandom;
       _opforVehicle = [([_x, [100, 800]] call Zen_FindGroundPosition), _vehicleType, 0, random 360] call Zen_SpawnVehicle;
       0 = [_opforVehicle, ENEMY_SIDE] call Zen_SpawnVehicleCrew;
       0 = [_opforVehicleArray, _opforVehicle] call Zen_ArrayAppend;

// The 'in' command is case sensitive for strings
       if (_vehicleType in ["B_G_Offroad_01_armed_F"]) then {
           0 = [(crew _opforVehicle), "guerilla"] call Zen_GiveLoadoutOpfor;
       };
   };

Hope this helps, as I did not test it. This mission is using my co-op mission framework, (see my sig). If you want the documentation for all of the functions, it is included in the download from that thread.

The support requests are given as rewards for completing the objectives. The current leaders of the group(s) (highest rank or first to join for JIP) get one usage of each support. The team leader loadout is not required in anyway; that is just a purely aesthetic name.

There's no reason FAR revive won't work, as the mission has no respawn (except default group type, so JIP players can join). However, JIP itself may be an issue. If you need help with JIP, just ask and I can recommend some code.

I have no idea if ALIVE will work; I don't use it as I prefer to create missions and objectives very manually through code. If it does, you could see things like objectives being close together, the extra Opfor units making things too hard, etc. Because ALIVE is an addon, I don't think it would be easy to make it compatible if it is not.

hey Zen thanks for your quick response. I will give that code a try and let you know. Would it be very easy to add FIA to the opfor side and have both FIA and Opfor spawn randomly? I DL' d your framework last wk and now attempting to filter it. But in all honesty I am nowhere near understanding this code. I can do the editor and some basic editor scripting but not to read yours and fully understand how to add FIA to Opfor forces and have them randomly spawn in. I did look at your mission Warlord example. I see you use "east" to define the units. I am uncertain as to how to spawn guerrilla units and have them be "east" side.

Here is an example I have with another mission. Not my code.

_spawnGroup = [_randomPos, EAST, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "Guerilla" >> "Infantry" >> "IRG_InfSquad")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

Thanks again. I will continue looking at your scripts.

hey Zen thanks for your quick response. I will give that code a try and let you know. Would it be very easy to add FIA to the opfor side and have both FIA and Opfor spawn randomly? I DL' d your framework last wk and now attempting to filter it. But in all honesty I am nowhere near understanding this code. I can do the editor and some basic editor scripting but not to read yours and fully understand how to add FIA to Opfor forces and have them randomly spawn in. I did look at your mission Warlord example. I see you use "east" to define the units. I am uncertain as to how to spawn guerrilla units and have them be "east" side.

Here is an example I have with another mission. Not my code.

_spawnGroup = [_randomPos, EAST, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "Guerilla" >> "Infantry" >> "IRG_InfSquad")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

Thanks again. I will continue looking at your scripts.

There are config entries for FIA soldiers that are technically 'east' or 'resistance'; these are hidden in the editor. If you look through cfgVehicles in the config view you should be able to find them. Like a lot of other classes, their names follow a standard scheme (I forget what that is).

Another trick you can do is to use createGroup on the side that you want, then fill the group with any unit using createUnit. I assume that is what BIS_fnc_spawnGroup is doing.

These methods are not used in my framework, as I prefer the loadouts method I used above. I don't intend for scripters to spawn units on the wrong side or use hidden classes; I think changing their uniforms and weapons is the most legitimate, issue-free method.

In my framework, all classnames are retrieved dynamically from lists filtered from cfgVehicles. The function that does this is Zen_ConfigGetVehicleClasses. Thus, if you use Zen_SpawnInfantry with the 'east' side, it defaults to using classes of type 'men' with faction 'OPF_F' on side 'east'. This category is that same that you see in the editor under East -> Opfor -> Men. The function provides optional parameters for the type and faction, so you could use 'menSniper' if you want a sniper team. I also like randomization (as you can tell from my mission), so the function selects units randomly from this pool of classnames. If you really want to specificy which classes should spawn, use Zen_SpawnGroup.

Ok Zen I found Zen_ConfigGetVehicleClasses file and see that you have

switch (_side) do {

case West: {

_sideString = "nato";

};

case East: {

_sideString = "east";

};

case Resistance: {

_sideString = "ind";

};

case "all": {

_sideString = "#";

};

};

Do I add "OPF_G_F" to

case East: {

_sideString = "east", "OPF_G_F";

};

??

to have guerrilla units randomly spawn in also? TBO I only want guerrilla units patrolling on foot and offroad veh's.