Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

What the hell is wrong with this game's development tools?

What the hell is wrong with this game's development tools?

Just right now, while I am still trying figure out why the model packer crashes, because there is no documentation on that thing, bulldozer stops loading the model with the error "arma external viewer attach failed", followed by some halfa.paa error.

Why does not one make this stuff work and add some basic documentation? I get it, developing games and mods is supposed to be hard, and I have seen development tools from other games that were not very user friendly, but this toolset takes suck to the next level. I mean the object builder interface is so bad already but on top of it there is these random crashes.

Can't believe AAA game developers working on Arma3 are not starting to riot or report the development tools to the UN as a crime against humanity because exposing people to this set of tools is basically torture.

I mean how is it possible for this object builder thing to suck so bad after all these arma games? And why is there a license agreement and the mention of a "personal edition", because who in all the heavens would voluntarity use that tool for any other reason than to get a model into arma? "Personal Edition" makes it sound like its some coveted luxurious thing that makes you happy when you work with it.

So why cant we get some exporter tools that handle getting things into arma smooth? without the despair and anger? Look at other development tools for other games.

I may be going off on a tangent but that happens when you try to export something for hours with this peice of junk software

Edited by alleycat

You haven't installed the tools correctly.

On the other hand you're right... they are stupidly difficult to get working.

In fact the "Personal Edition" tools is a downgraded version of what can be found from VBS => https://manuals.bisimulations.com/vbs3/3-0/devref/#Introduction.htm%3FTocPath%3DVBS3%2520Developer%2520Reference|_____0

I am pretty sur ArmA 3 dev use this version of the tools not the PE you have.

The most amazing is how they transform the VBS tools into PE to suck at such a level. :rolleyes:

Edited by Major_Shepard

what makes you think the VBS tool is that much better or different?

In fact the "Personal Edition" tools is a downgraded version of what can be found from VBS => https://manuals.bisimulations.com/vbs3/3-0/devref/#Introduction.htm%3FTocPath%3DVBS3%2520Developer%2520Reference|_____0

I am pretty sur ArmA 3 dev use this version of the tools not the PE you have.

The most amazing is how they transform the VBS tools into PE to suck at such a level. :rolleyes:

Actually it's quite good and a much better improvement over the pe visitor3

I hate how any tool who's user doesn't know how to use them instantly just trashes the tool.