Sign in to follow this  
Ink.

Is there anywhere with a podium or stage on Altis?

I'm looking for an area where there might be a stage with a Podium or something. A place that might have objects like that, that would be good for "speeches" for a screenshot. Any ideas where a location like this might be or if theres any objects I could use to make such a thing?

Stadium has a large open area with a commentary tower along side it that would be great for speeches/rallies.

That's what I was thinking initially. I've been hoping to find a more proper place with like a podium or something, but so far my searches haven't brought up much and as far as I'm aware, there's no object that can replicate it.

There are plenty of smaller soccer fields everywhere on altis, just place one of these huge concrete blocks, add a small ramp to it and you got your podium.

Infostand (1 leg) in Objects-Signs looks like something you could read a speech from.

Infostand (1 leg) in Objects-Signs looks like something you could read a speech from.

I think the 2 leg one will work. Now the struggle of figuring out how to put this ontop of another object haha.

Probably not what you're looking for, but remember the original purpose of the odeon ruins. : )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odeon_%28building%29

I'm not sure I follow...

---

Anyway, got the whole objects on other objects thing figured out. The only thing left is figuring what to use as like a stage or base for the "speaker" that looks like it wasn't stolen from a mechanics shop.

What happened to the ability to teleport via map in the editor's preview mode? I remember you used to be able to like ctrl + click or something and it'd teleport you to your cursors location in-game, you know, so you didn't have to find real transportation to test out an object.

Use the Splendid camera. Spacebar teleports you to camera's target.

I'm looking for an area where there might be a stage with a Podium or something. A place that might have objects like that, that would be good for "speeches" for a screenshot. Any ideas where a location like this might be or if theres any objects I could use to make such a thing?

Balcony of the Ghost Hotel complex at 220210 sort of looks like nice stage for speeches. The abandoned building looks a little shabby though, so you might want to add in some objects to hide the barred windows etc.

Pardon my pedantry, but a podium is something you stand on, much like a stage or dais. You are thinking of a lectern.

I'm not sure I follow...

There's an odeon ruin on the north coast of Altis. Depending on what kind of speech event you're thinking of, you may want to consider doing it there. Of course, if it's a press conference type thing, then that probably wouldn't be appropriate.

Use the Splendid camera. Spacebar teleports you to camera's target.

Will look into that. Used to be simpler, dunno why they changed it.

Balcony of the Ghost Hotel complex at 220210 sort of looks like nice stage for speeches. The abandoned building looks a little shabby though, so you might want to add in some objects to hide the barred windows etc.

Thought about that, but for reasons the Ghost Hotel can't be used. Will probably go with the stadium as it'll fit context better. Just gotta make a proper podium.

Pardon my pedantry, but a podium is something you stand on, much like a stage or dais. You are thinking of a lectern.
po·di·um

ˈpÅdÄ“É™m/

noun

noun: podium; plural noun: podia; plural noun: podiums

a small platform on which a person may stand to be seen by an audience, as when making a speech or conducting an orchestra.

Technically you're right. However; I also do need a podium aswell. I'm trying to find an object I can use to make a podium, but so far the best is a concrete block with a ramp with the lectern on top. The only problem with that is it looks kinda crude and poorly out of place, as the podium is meant for a highly important civilian giving a impromptu speech about a specific subject.

But if there's nothing better I might just have to make do with what I got.

There's an odeon ruin on the north coast of Altis. Depending on what kind of speech event you're thinking of, you may want to consider doing it there. Of course, if it's a press conference type thing, then that probably wouldn't be appropriate.

Yep, a press conference is actually exactly what it is. There doesn't seem to be a lot of locations. I need to /try/ and keep to West Altis if I can aswell, but I fear that would narrow things so much worse.

---

Question, is there anyway while in-game I could climb into the bed of say an offroad and stand on it?

Edited by Ink.

Question, is there anyway while in-game I could climb into the bed of say an offroad and stand on it?

I don't think that's possible. I haven't specifically tried an offroad, but all of the other vehicles I've tried to get on top of still have the old Real Virtuality problem where it just doesn't like it -- you slide off no matter how careful you are and no matter how flat the top of the vehicle is.

How about retexturing a VR block (or a few, depending on the size you want)? I assume it's possible...